Custom Model Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the generosity of community member TunnelSnakeIrish we're having a proper competition where you have the chance to win a free donator model made for you and your character, worth $60.

There were some threads made before by TunnelSnake to find out who was interested but since it wasnt really planned.......the people who were picked didnt really know the idea / rules for getting a custom model so we're going to redo this properly.

No questions / shitposting in this thread please, entrant posts only. Questions on steamfriends or forum PMs to me only.

COMPETITION RULES
  1. You cannot enter if you already have a donator model
  2. You must be an active player (someone who plays consistently and dosnt dissapear every few weeks)
  3. You must complete the competition entry properly (obviously)
  4. The custom model will be made by me once the winner is declared and uploaded in the next update cycle.
  5. I will make it as close as I can to the details provided, within the normal bounds of what is acceptable for a custom model.
  6. Do not ask for anything stupid, excessive or that dosnt fit the HL2 theme.
  7. No bitching.
Entries will be judged after the weekend.
There may be two winners if we get enough entrants.

THE COMPETITION

Simply answer the questions and post in the thread below.
Keep answers short and sweet, no huge paragraphs!

Character Name:

Character Age / Nationality:

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance):

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!):

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire:

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique:

Provide a 300x300 pixel reference Black&White FACE photo that roughly resembles how your character might look.

For example:
Mike.png

Character Name: Dr. Jake Richter
Character Age / Nationality: 49 / German
Character Faction Ties: Citizen -> CCA -> Resistance -> CCA
How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): 7 Years (joined like 4 months before MET went rogue and this was my first character)
Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire:
Blonde/white hair and glasses due to being 49 and stressed, no beard
Probably a fucked up nose because vortigaunts like stepping on it :(

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique:
HURRICANE CmD -> TLM (last ever inducted rogue), married Katherine Craft and now is SWORD SqL. Feels unique enough for me.
for anyone who cares, SPECTRE wiped his record back before 8 died cuz Garfy's a lad

Provide a 300x300 pixel reference Black&White FACE photo that roughly resembles how your character might look.

0ca9cf10d3.png

Character Name: Brooke Price (57627)

Character Age / Nationality: 28 / Asian Australian

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Serves the CCA above all else, is a citizen therefore while off-duty to help the CMU and other UU affiliated factions or groups.

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): For play time it's been a long time like around 9 months even though I've taken a few breaks, I've had Brooke Price (57627) for a very long time.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Price's striking emerald colored eyes and medium length black hair, a mysterious fellow in his own right, adorned on him is several medals though not usually worn publicly while off-duty. Though if granted this model will be used off-duty a lot, as I'm on the server a good 6-8 hours a day.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Brooke Price (57627) has a spotless record for his large amount of time as a CCA officer, a veteran in the field; having also trained several of those who lead today as adjutants and squad leaders. He has seen several leaders come and go from the CCA and is yet somehow still alive, hope it stays that way.

Provide a 300x300 pixel reference Black&White FACE photo that roughly resembles how your character might look. | Either or |

5b67d87c3f0a96c0791c8a0ab3f78985.jpg

9dbdcd590fb0ec8e94944ebc28bb663ece4b44b3.jpg

Character Name: Oka Mi

Character Age / Nationality: 21 / Japanese

[b[Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance):[/b] CA

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Since Mid-June

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: A young woman with scraggly red hair. Wears rather loose and large clothing, often opting for a winter or lab coat. Particularly small so her clothes often look far too big or pad her out a little from wearing too many.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: I've always considered Oka to be somewhat conflicted with her duties, keeping enough of her personal pre-war values to realise the work she was often pressured to engage in was abhorrent. Instead of being an overbearing and callous member of authority, like the faceless Civil Protection, she tends to slip into more humanitarian areas that genuinely make some effort to help people, though her efforts are usually a waste. She makes it a point to live in lower-quality housing areas and associates with people in places she often probably shouldn't.

zUquWPG.jpg

Character Name: Eric Rosenmann

Character Age / Nationality: 38 years old, Northeastern American

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Outlaying Refugee/Marauder

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Since around last November when Zipporaid suggested I make a character centered around his group.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: A dull tiger-stripe M-65 coat (scratched up leather coat in the City). Make-shift chest rig carrying clips for his K98 rifle, occasionally (not an actual kevlar vest). Unkempt short brown hair, stubbled face (occasionally donning a mustache). Slim, lean.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Normally people have this really set and defined affiliation with either the 'resistance' or citizens. I feel this character diverts from that and goes to a more loner and introverted stance on things. While dealing with insomnia and additionally assisting the Civil Administration's Science Division as a test subject just to gain additional benefits to obtain help for his obstructing health issue, it allows the character to have more emotion and feel to it as opposed to the normal citizen or refugee in the Resistance.

IexdBcj.png

Character Name: Czar Myatezhnik.

Character Age / Nationality: 27 / Slavic (Ukrainian).

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Resistance, minor citizen.

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): About 4-5 months, roughly.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Rough stubble, with short blonde hair. A small, busted nose. Average jaw size.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: He's an average 'rebel' really, but he's been jaded and with the recent lost of his right leg, he's more of a 'war is hell, young'uns' sort of character. He's been in too many shootouts and other such situations to continue counting.

KX_slav_marinov-2.jpeg

Character Name: Anton 'Toshka' Moderau

Character Age / Nationality: 27, Russian.

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Citizen ---> Refugee ---> Independent Smuggler

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Ever since the launch of the server, being my second character that was solely made for the purpose of being a rebel. Only recently have I returned to TnB to continue playing.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: A rather tall male with greenish eyes and brown hair, with a obviously Slavic accent. Sporting no more than his home-made padded pants, a sleeveless shirt that has a Lambda patch sewn onto the shoulder and his gasmask that usually is stuffed in his packpack, rather than on his face. A slight scent of bleach follows this person.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Though he is currently like most of the Resistance-related people around him, Toshka is heavily interested in the Black Market, it's moves and it's deals. Keen on one day starting his own business one day. After being absent for a long time, losing contact with most of his friends and comrades, he looks up towards other people. Although many of those people have not been amongst the first to rise, they are most certainly more equipped than him, for now at the very least. Toshka has finally met the person he heard rumors about told about, Rex, which he has decided to follow and assist although not knowing his intentions or goals.

bw,history,photo,portrait,russian,soviet-e6b561a8ba3740a0e981ed57e14da462_h.jpg

Character Name: Igor Tslovisk

Character Age / Nationality: 37 (Russian)

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Undecided.

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Since Oklahoma Holmes got PKed? I guess he was made like 7 months ago.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: He wears a hoodie with a denim jacket over it, has a beard, various tattoos on his upper body, a bushy brown beard, and a man-bun (now). He is tall and rather muscular, but those are about it.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Igor is not a white knight nor is he committed to a cause other than his own goals. He's a very self-centered and ruthless personality who is not meant to be liked by many if at all.

zx8jkzJ.png

Character Name: Epiphanes Megas

Character Age / Nationality: 49, Greek

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): He is the Civil Administrator.

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Since the 18th of August.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Probably the beard and the balding head are the most obvious, the former being closer to a full beard as in the picture provided. As for his attire, it is quite likely that Megas would wear a Communist suit because of his dislike for overstated pomp in dress.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: I've tried as Administrator to break the mold of the "speechwriter and CEO" shitick that's been popular among past administrators. In my mind, my goal as Megas is to reinforce the depression of existence under the Combine. I try not to be an edgelord but rather a genuinely terrifying man shaped by circumstances that broke him as a compassionate human being. I do my best to ensure that Megas is not a placeholder for the Administration, but a character with his own idiosyncrasies, cruelties, and pleasures. At the same time, when I do this I'm aware that some of what Megas does is against the grain of what the Administrator is traditionally seen as, such as him personally moving to assist in fighting a massive fire recently, but this breaking of the mold is intentional and an expression of his character, not a boredom manifested by sitting in a desk all day. All in all, I think a lot of people would agree they enjoy roleplaying with him.

IBi2vqT.jpg

Glasses aside, of course.

All of this, including the Cremator job, has been authorized by Symmetry.

Character Name: Rei Terada

Character Age / Nationality: 18 / Japanese (Asian/American)

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Citizen - works under the Ministry of Labor as The Cremator

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): On this iteration of TnB it's been for several months, probably since mid-late-June when I started playing again. However, I've played this character on and off on different servers (including TnB) since 2012.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Herself she isn't all that unique physically - though she's quite young in comparison to the average inhabitant of City 17, only a year or so out of the Graduate program. The fact that she's mixed-race does give her a little physical individuality - she straddles the line between Asian and Caucasian extensively, sharing either of her parents' physical attributes.

Her work clothing, however, never fails to draw a few stares or uncomfortable mutters from fellow Citizens: she works for City 17, Precinct 8 as the Cremator. The distinctive outfit (consisting of a gasmask, a heavy fire-retardant overcoat, and a pair of CCA trousers) is a uniform that few Citizens can rightfully claim to have worn, much less participated in the job that mandates its presence. It's a bit of an odd contrast, seeing such a relatively small figure with such ominous-looking apparel and with such a morbid job.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Not only is Rei's claim to individuality the fact that literally nobody else has her job, but also the fact that she directly contradicts the standard stereotype one would think of with such a career choice. When somebody thinks of the Cremator, they think of the massive, lanky synthetic creature bumbling around the streets of City 17, or perhaps of a morbidly depressed man in a Hasmat suit. Rei, being a 5'5'' Japanese teenager, is obviously neither of these, nor does her attitude reflect either of those archetypes. Diagnosed with a particularly strong variant of Aspergers from a young age, Rei has complete emotional disconnect from the bodies she works with - she didn't know them. People die. These things happen, and somebody has to clean up the mess, right? Her disorder, coupled with her fumbling grasp on the English language, makes communication rather difficult for her, and when not working at her job as the Cremator she often is a little bit of a loner.

c8xsHER.png

Character Name: Vincent Chierovani (39462)

Character Age/Nationality: 30/Italian-American

Character Faction Ties (Citizen/CCA/Resistance): CCA

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Started about November with Marco (B.H.)

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Vincent's usually seen in standard Civvies with little to no alterations. He's, by and large, what most people refer to when they think of Italian men; that being the jet black hair and dark hazel eyes. His stubble is growing out a bit more with every day, the patch under his lip greying slightly.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Regarding Vincent and his brother's upbringing and activities in City 17 prior to him joining the CCA, it's very hard to believe he's made it to the position he has. Starting from petty crimes to nearly leaving the City with the brief gathering of families in the sector, not many go from a thieving punk to sewer worker all the way to Adjutant, and it's certainly given him a new lease on life. With the loss of his brother, he's a man who found a family in the Authority, and his actions and demeanor prove that he truly took the 'Brothers and Sisters' bit very seriously.

9ee82d9f45bf555ec765701d508019b2.jpg

Character Name:Edgar "Ed" Homer

Character Age / Nationality: Age 48. Nationality: American(Wisconsin.)

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Citizen(Loyalist)

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!):About since august on tnb, and longer than that on different servers.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Edgar likes to wear jackets and baseball caps, and he has a oval shaped face with brown spiky hair, large rounded ears and a long nose.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: I believe my character is unique because he has an interesting background, which lets him roleplay potential to be expanded upon. Edgar is an older man and a smart, intellectual. This could be captured upon with a model with large, deep, blue eyes. He is also a very nice gentleman, this could be added by subtle smile lines and a sort of smile on the model.

OOC Name: dyl72

Steam:Dyl721
SClDqYA.jpg

Character Name: Ricardo Hudson

Character Age / Nationality: Thirty-Two / African American

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Resistance member/ Old Cms nurse

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): I think my time on this character is directly around almost a year and a half now

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Ricardo has never really had a "special" jacket he would say that defined him besides his college jacket that was taken from him on the first day he arrived at city 17.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: I really can't say my character is all unique and not easily replaceable, but I think the friends he has made and lost throughout his time as a resistance member has made him kinda like a older brother to a special few and made some significant help in the upbringing of new rebels .

thumbs_Lee_Jeffries_05.jpg

Character Name: Winston Faulkner

Character Age / Nationality: 52 / British

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Civil Administration, a Commissioner.

How long have you played this character?: Four or so months.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Winston Faulkner always keeps his suit well groomed. The suit itself is off white in coloration with the identiband on the left breast. Below the identiband is a collection of UU honors and awards he has received in his years of service to the Universal Union through several cities and at several ranks. (Something resembling the CA suit bodygroup that Walrus Overlord has.)

He is an older man that much is clear from looking at him, the lines that define his face however are not wrinkles that imply weakness but lines that build the impression of a stern, often mean and angry individual. His eye color is a striking shade of grey that seems comparable to steel.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Winston is one of the few members of the Civil Administration with the ambition to attempt to accumulate more power and advance through the ranks of the administration. He is a die-hard loyalist to the Universal Union, which at times can conflict, with his ambition but he frames it, at least to himself in terms that his rising rank lets him better serve the Union. He fully intends to reach the rank of City Administrator someday, though that is not to say he does not respect the current Administrator. He is attempting to be a shaker and a mover, having several projects that are not for public address. Suffice to say he is an active presence to the citizenry.

600full-malcolm-mcdowell.jpg

Character Name: Oskar Koekemoer

Character Age / Nationality: 42 / Dutch; Afrikaner

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Oskar follows no particular direction, sticking to his continual duties as a citizen under Combine rule. Keep and mind that Oskar has befriended a small sum of denizens ranging from extremist resistance fighters to devoted Combine loyalists.

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Roughly two months, if not a tad bit shorter. However I have been writing, researching, and merely thinking about this character's personality since ~late June. I play 3-4 days a week, including most of the night on weekends. I haven't extremely active for about two weeks due to rather difficult Biology project I just completed on monday. Please excuse the gap.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Oskar generally dons usuall workers attire; a white shirt along with yellow-stripes painted down his trousers- all in pristine condition, of course. The one most distinct feature upon this man is a weathered and faded scar that begins at the bottom portion of his left eye and runs down to his high and pinched cheekbones, more than likely hindering his sight. Cradled by his nose is a pair of ragged, aged reading glasses with the frame bent and the glass cracked to a certain degree. One could suggest that he had been beat, not by Xenian nor Combine, but human.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Oskar tends to transcend into that of the radical right wing, although he generally retains his political beliefs to himself, worried of those radiating him, the odd ones, with the masks and the batons. Oskar was once a writer, in which he employed his intellect and willingness to sell multiple books and novels mostly involving economics and personal thoughts of traditionalism and monarchism.

I believe that Oskar is indeed a well thought and well executed character. Originally when I created him I decided to use literature as his main focus. Although his ideological standpoint hasn't done him too well socially with other characters (especially Afrikan natives) this creates a tremendous amount of unique roleplay for not just him but others surrounding him.

Eugenemarais.jpg

(Subtract a small portion of the hair and the scar defined in the text, and there is Oskur)

Character Name: Graves

Character Age / Nationality: Age- ??? Nationality- Uh, vortigaunt.

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Resistance, but he really doesn't belong to any particular group in the outlands. Just does his own thing.

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Since 09 May 2015 I believe.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: Well, Graves wears a navy blue fez with a yellow tasle, a similarly colored coat/cloak type thing, has had his middle arm cut off, and a few scars from a Universal Union symbol being branded onto his left arm.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Graves has been my main character for a while now, and I feel stands due to how much he's gone through, and the changes in his personality throughout his life as my character. He's gone from a rather quiet, somewhat average vort, ta o bubbling, excited, outgoing, and occasionally sarcastic individual. As well, the relationship Graves has formed with some characters, (Florence and Bones for example) has become rather interesting to RP. Generally, Graves interacts with others in a way that often surprises them, as he comes off very talkative and... interesting in comparison to other vortigaunts. Few people dislike him, and fewer hate him, to most in the resistance, Graves is considered a friend, or at-least treated friendly by the men and women of the camp.
ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY GET A PICTURE OF THIS DAVE.

NOT SURE WHAT'S WITH THE HIGHLIGHTING.

Character Name: Sven Catarina

Character Age / Nationality: 25 / Galician

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Resistance.

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): I believe December-ish?

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: She has her entire face covered except for her eyes most of the time, and her body is covered up with a decently thick, black windbreaker along with a green hiking bag. Dusty jeans. Keeps her brown hair up. Looks exactly like the picture with her mask off. She's 6'2.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: She has had interesting events happen to her, and I try to roleplay this character as realistically as possible. I'd love to have a custom model though, it'd really boost the aesthetic that she gives off without having to have her features and clothing implied by text.

Picture:
jui6PEB.jpg

Character Name: Dragan Bojanović

Character Age / Nationality: 52 / Yugo-Serb

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Resistance.

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Since March so about 6 months.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: He has your basic Slav starter pack:
shaved hair with only some sort of stubble left on his head, strong jawline with a small 5'o Clock shadow covering it. Usually toting around in an armored vest with some uninteresting clothes underneath. He has dark brown eyes, and hair (if you ever see him with any that is.) He also distinctively wears a beanie most of the time, covering his bald head. Despite being rather old, he has a young looking face. Maybe he's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline®.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Growing up in a war-torn country, having been thrown into it as well at a very young age; Dragan has become accustom to a life of petty crime and has extensive knowledge of weaponry from Eastern Europe. Behind all of his cookie-cutter stereotypes, one would find that many years out in the world has left him wise. Not that many people will get past his crude humor and explicit demeanor.

Dragan as a younger man:
hqdefault.jpg

(i'm not digging through pictures of bald slavs to find a sufficient one, using older picture from other thread)

Character Name: Joe C. Simon

Character Age / Nationality: 26, White American from East Coast

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Citizen (Loyalist)

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): About 50-200 hours, I created him a couple months ago, and sadly, I have an addiction.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: I'll keep this short. Average Height, skinny. Mid 20's, Dirty Blonde Hair.Clean Shaven, almost too young looking, scar on left side of cheek. Burnt hands, bushy eyebrows.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Not very good at the social stuff, is nice to all when he can, has weird habits (Clicking his tongue to the theme of Wish you a Merry Christmas, tapping his feet, twitching, etc.) Also, he often hates or loves people for who they are, not for where they come from.

037dd12dc6.jpg

[Yes, I photoshoped this, and yes, I am aware of the weird tone on it.]

Character Name: Zachariah Mason Loving

Character Age / Nationality: 29 / White American from the U.S. Pacific Northwest

Character Faction Ties (citizen / CCA / resistance): Resistance/Survivor

How long have you played this character? (no exaggerating please!): Created him in 2009, so six years.

Describe the few most defining attributes of your characters appearance or attire: He's tall and skinny. He appears to be in his late twenties, but his face is worn, tired, and covered with dark poorly trimmed facial hair. He has dark brown hair with a few stressed induced graying areas. Attire wise he doesn't look like a fighter, more so an individual surviving out in the wastes.

Briefly suggest why you think your character is unique: Loving is one of the few people who stayed behind in City 18 after it's fall, and one of the even fewer people who managed to escape the C18 Ruins after a few years. He wasn't some big hot shot rebel just a refugee at the time, so all of his skills were learned in the ruins through trial and error.

zSVSiE0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread