Crashing Addons

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Belowthebelt, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Belowthebelt

Belowthebelt Member

United Kingdom
    So I noticed that after about five years that TRP has made a return once more, bringing a new and old audience in once more. Excited, I blew the dust of Garry's Mod - metaphorically of course- and decided to give it a go.

So I tried to subscribe to all the bits and pieces, got myself a cup of tea and sat down to boot up and create my first character. Everything was going fine until my computer tried to download the TRP Music file which insta-crashed my computer. So far I have tried:

- Restarting steam. Running on Administrator Settings.
    - Double checked AVG to make sure it was allowing access.
    - Verified goods.
    - Got rid of my old Addons.
    - Re-downloaded Addons I could download.
    - Try to download when you initially joined the server which gave the same result.

I know that this forum is filled with smart chaps who know their computer technical mumbo jumbo so please help me out :D :D :D

2. BMY871

BMY871 Legend

United States
    Dig thoroughly when deleting old addons. They lodge themselves in a few different spots.

3. Disorder

Disorder Zealot

Romania
    Did it manage to download everything or does it still get stuck at the music files?

You could try to do a memory test, could be some hardware damage.

4. Belowthebelt

Belowthebelt Member

United Kingdom
    The computer downloads everything else without a problem, downloading using the addon feature. But when it tries to download the music file it insta-crashes.

I have cleared out all of my other addons and double checked that my graphics cards are up-to-date and my RAM is working correctly. Still has the problem.

The best way to circumvent this problem would be a direct download for that file so I can manually add it to my addon folder. If someone could provide that it would most probably solve the problem.

5. Gangleider

Gangleider speak into the shell
    Non-Roleplay Department Administrator Developer

Netherlands
    try cl_allowdownload 0 and see if you load in or still crash
    dont forget to set it back to 1 afterwards

6. Belowthebelt

Belowthebelt Member

United Kingdom
    Still not working mate. I have put that text into the consol and as the laucnh options. It still tries to download the files then crash at TnB Music.

Any other ideas?

7. BMY871

BMY871 Legend

United States
    Manually downloading it seems like a good plan. I can maybe find it and send it to you tomorrow. So the music isn't part of one of the workshop addons, correct?

8. Belowthebelt

Belowthebelt Member

United Kingdom
    The TnB music is part of the TRP addons mate meaning I have to download it in order to play. If you could sort out a direct download link you'd be a legend.