COVID-19

popo

Zealot
TRP Admin
May 28, 2012

The massive amount of centrist brain fog to depoliticize an issue like this absolutely astounding. Everything about this issue, like any other important thing in this entire fucking world is political. The way governments and institutions are handling it, who gets tested, the quarantine, the economic crash as a result of this pandemic, the extent of relief measures in the face of this crash, and much, much more. It's utterly disingenuous to divorce this crisis from politics on any level, because on nearly every level, it is one hundred percent political.

I know people in real life, and at this community who have lost their jobs or have had their hours reduced from the quarantine, and yet are still expected to pay their rent. I live in a neighborhood of NYC that has the highest rates of testing positive for COVID-19. Our hospitals are overflowing, and our ERs are crowded with people as the number of cases where I live has skyrocketed exponentially. There are makeshift morgues on the streets. Our medical personnel are taping trash bags to their bodies for lack of actual protective equipment, The Federal Government's response? The President of the United States is telling the Vice President to not contact Governors that are 'unappreciative' of his response so far. Good luck getting Andrew Cuomo to kiss Trump's feet, dude.

Everything is fucked. I shouldn't be told to go back to work and risk getting the virus in order to revive an economy that crashed after two weeks of people staying indoors. Rents and mortgages should be frozen, or completely gotten rid of. Health care should become universal, and stay that way post pandemic. Salaries should be paid, and people should be getting more than just a single check of twelve hundred dollars to provide for themselves. To call a crisis like this apolitical is stupid: the 'I just want to grill' shit was never funny. It's juvenile. Grow up, because people are dead, and people will keep dying.
throw in a state mandated gf and you got yourself a deal

HardHat

that thing bob the builder wears
Oct 1, 2015
I have been asked to say a few words to the TnB arm of Sector Seventeen Overwatch, concerning recent successes in containing the Covid-19 Virus.

Let me say up front that I regret having to temper my heartfelt congratulations with a strong measure of disappointment. But I wouldn't be doing my duty as your Administrator if I didn't pass along the message I have received from Our Benefactors.

The capture of Horton229 is an event of major significance, make no mistake. And while it's true that conceivably we could have taken him at almost any time in the last several years, the manner of his capture may prove to have unexpected benefits. It cannot have gone unnoticed by all resistance members that Horton229's capture coincided with the act of giving shelter to Covid-19. This might cause other Covid-19 carriers to think twice before spreading Covid-19. It might cause them to question its allegiance; even prompt some cure it, or use it for our cause. However, we cannot count on such developments. Covid-19's reputation is such that other desperate renegades are likely to grant it a great deal of license in the spirit of spreading general chaos and terror.

This brings me to the one note of disappointment I must echo from our Benefactors. Obviously I am not on the ground to closely command or second-guess the dedicated forces of the TnB Overwatch, but this does not mean I can shirk responsibility for recent lapses and even outright failures on their part. I have been severely questioned about these shortcomings, and now must put the question to you: How could one virus have slipped through your force's fingers time and time again? How is it possible? This is not some agent provocateur or highly trained cancer we are discussing. Covid-19 is a Flu strain who had hardly earned the distinction of its status at the time of the Wuhan Incident. I have good reason to believe that in the intervening years, it was in a state that precluded further development of new strains. The virus you have consistently failed to slow, let alone capture, is by all standards simply that--an ordinary flu. How can you have failed to apprehend it?

Well...I will leave the upbraiding for another time, to the extent it proves necessary. Now is the moment to redeem yourselves. If the TnB forces are to prove themselves an indispensable augmentation to the Combine Overwatch, they will have to earn the privilege. I'm sure I don't have to remind you that the alternative, if you can call it that, is total extinction - in union with all the other unworthy branches of the species. Let's not allow it to come to that. I have done my best to convince Our Benefactors that you are the finest the species has to offer. So far they have accepted my argument, but without concrete evidence to back it up, my words sound increasingly hollow even to me. The burden of proof is on you. As is the consequence of failure. I'll just leave it at that.

DiBen

Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Trump is considering quarantining New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut from the rest of the country. Governor of New York says he has no idea what he's talking about. Lovely.

Desrat456

Sep 22, 2012
Thankfully the Texas Panhandle area only has 18 CONFIRMED cases.

So we should be fine. For another 3 days.

Greene

space cowboy
Jul 4, 2011
I'm very worried my grandparents are going to die because of this. If they get it, they will. They're locking Maine down more. We just had our first death the other day

Bozo

Zealot
May 21, 2011
We now have direct confirmation of a virus in our midst, one who has acquired an almost apocalyptic reputation in the immune systems of certain citizens. It's figure is synonymous with the foulest pathogens of the human body, lack of toilet paper, and decay. Some of the worst excesses of the Wuhan Incident have been laid directly at its feet. And yet unsophisticated minds continue to imbue it with diseased power, giving it such dangerous poetic labels as the one COVID-19, Remover of the Toilet Paper.

Let me remind all citizens of the dangers of ignorant thinking. We have scarcely begun to climb from the dark pit of our species' immunology. Let us not slide backward into illness, just as we have finally begun to wash our hands. If you see this so-called COVID-19, contain it. Civic deeds to not go unrewarded. And contrariwise, complicity with its cause will not go unpunished.

Be wise. Be safe. Be aware.

Foxicus

Mar 6, 2018
Rents and mortgages should be frozen, or completely gotten rid of. Health care should become universal, and stay that way post pandemic.
you've never read or looked through a mortgage or lease agreement, have you? next time, consult an attorney about Force Majeure clauses. if you're not a retard, you'd at least drop the hundred bucks or so to have the attorney review the lease in the first place so you can protect your ass. a lot of my clients are enacting those clauses, and landlords are supporting it to help them with relief. additionally, there are a lot of dropped regulations with the SBA to help business-side tenants/landlords with rent/OPEX relief. insurance rates are dropping exponentially.

getting rid of mortgages and rents ENTIRELY? do you want to collapse the economy and cause another 2007? thanks for wanting to get rid of my job, too, pal. this kind of naive wishful thinking should've been dropped in middle school.

i'm not even going to start on universal healthcare. dear jesus. death really is a preferable alternative to communism, fuck this shit LOL

Nat Attack

Legend
Dec 28, 2014
delete the welfare state and institute a negative income credit system coupled with pagovian taxes.

this post brought to you by the polysci degree gang

Binary

Nov 30, 2016
you've never read or looked through a mortgage or lease agreement, have you? next time, consult an attorney about Force Majeure clauses. if you're not a retard, you'd at least drop the hundred bucks or so to have the attorney review the lease in the first place so you can protect your ass. a lot of my clients are enacting those clauses, and landlords are supporting it to help them with relief. additionally, there are a lot of dropped regulations with the SBA to help business-side tenants/landlords with rent/OPEX relief. insurance rates are dropping exponentially.

getting rid of mortgages and rents ENTIRELY? do you want to collapse the economy and cause another 2007? thanks for wanting to get rid of my job, too, pal. this kind of naive wishful thinking should've been dropped in middle school.

i'm not even going to start on universal healthcare. dear jesus. death really is a preferable alternative to communism, fuck this shit LOL
King Ryan is a communist

Apr 11, 2015

Don't bothering wasting your breath. Commies cant be reasoned with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)