COVID-19

popo

Zealot
TRP Admin
May 28, 2012
day 17: congress still hasn't made crona virus illegal yet. how could our gubernment and institutions fail us like this. if only we had universal healthcare like italy, the virus would simply cease to exist

Last edited:

mooch_

Zealot
May 8, 2016
day 17: congress still hasn't made crona virus illegal yet. how could our gubernment and institutions fail us like this. if only we had universal healthcare like italy, the virus would simply cease to exist
t. lives in new york state
LOL god speed popo

Snaparoni

Legend
Dec 15, 2014

(in all seriousness, do stay safe everyone. never thought i'd see anything like this, and i think the only thing that's been keeping me sane at home is this community)

rosecoloredryan

Halo Admin
Oct 5, 2016

The massive amount of centrist brain fog to depoliticize an issue like this absolutely astounding. Everything about this issue, like any other important thing in this entire fucking world is political. The way governments and institutions are handling it, who gets tested, the quarantine, the economic crash as a result of this pandemic, the extent of relief measures in the face of this crash, and much, much more. It's utterly disingenuous to divorce this crisis from politics on any level, because on nearly every level, it is one hundred percent political.

I know people in real life, and at this community who have lost their jobs or have had their hours reduced from the quarantine, and yet are still expected to pay their rent. I live in a neighborhood of NYC that has the highest rates of testing positive for COVID-19. Our hospitals are overflowing, and our ERs are crowded with people as the number of cases where I live has skyrocketed exponentially. There are makeshift morgues on the streets. Our medical personnel are taping trash bags to their bodies for lack of actual protective equipment, The Federal Government's response? The President of the United States is telling the Vice President to not contact Governors that are 'unappreciative' of his response so far. Good luck getting Andrew Cuomo to kiss Trump's feet, dude.

Everything is fucked. I shouldn't be told to go back to work and risk getting the virus in order to revive an economy that crashed after two weeks of people staying indoors. Rents and mortgages should be frozen, or completely gotten rid of. Health care should become universal, and stay that way post pandemic. Salaries should be paid, and people should be getting more than just a single check of twelve hundred dollars to provide for themselves. To call a crisis like this apolitical is stupid: the 'I just want to grill' shit was never funny. It's juvenile. Grow up, because people are dead, and people will keep dying.

7dast

Zealot
Jan 1, 2012

The massive amount of centrist brain fog to depoliticize an issue like this absolutely astounding. Everything about this issue, like any other important thing in this entire fucking world is political. The way governments and institutions are handling it, who gets tested, the quarantine, the economic crash as a result of this pandemic, the extent of relief measures in the face of this crash, and much, much more. It's utterly disingenuous to divorce this crisis from politics on any level, because on nearly every level, it is one hundred percent political.

I know people in real life, and at this community who have lost their jobs or have had their hours reduced from the quarantine, and yet are still expected to pay their rent. I live in a neighborhood of NYC that has the highest rates of testing positive for COVID-19. Our hospitals are overflowing, and our ERs are crowded with people as the number of cases where I live has skyrocketed exponentially. There are makeshift morgues on the streets. Our medical personnel are taping trash bags to their bodies for lack of actual protective equipment, The Federal Government's response? The President of the United States is telling the Vice President to not contact Governors that are 'unappreciative' of his response so far. Good luck getting Andrew Cuomo to kiss Trump's feet, dude.

Everything is fucked. I shouldn't be told to go back to work and risk getting the virus in order to revive an economy that crashed after two weeks of people staying indoors. Rents and mortgages should be frozen, or completely gotten rid of. Health care should become universal, and stay that way post pandemic. Salaries should be paid, and people should be getting more than just a single check of twelve hundred dollars to provide for themselves. To call a crisis like this apolitical is stupid: the 'I just want to grill' shit was never funny. It's juvenile. Grow up, because people are dead, and people will keep dying.
1585416585618.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)