COVID-19

Mister Rogers

TnB's Dreamboat & nicest person
May 26, 2011
starting i think midnight tonight (saturday) the entire uusimaa province (helsinki region) is to be quarantined. theyve called over 600 extra police officers and the finnish defense force to help with the situation.

overall im super impressed with the finnish's government reaction thus far. outside taking its time to close restaurants and bars, the government has been super aggressive about the whole situation. we've only recently started having deaths.

May 28, 2011
Day 7 of Quarantine, all the toilet paper is gone from the panic buyers, found some on the black market for 80$, couldn't afford it, hadn't wiped my ass in 5 days and I am a vegetable.

Pineapple

Legend
Mar 26, 2015
can you send me a link to this because I cannot find it anywhere

edit: i dont mean to sound like an asshole but if you disagree with the idea of a universal healthcare system, you're inadvertently saying you're chill with thousands of people dying because that's what the US government is allowing by not providing such facilities - especially during the pandemic. the kid was 17 years old and he died because he didn't have health insurance, he had a whole life ahead of him but his life was deemed less valuable than the next because he didn't have insurance coverage. it's absolutely fucked how the system works in this country

Last edited:

Zombiedude101

Zealot
Halo Admin
TRP Admin
May 26, 2011
I'm genuinely concerned for my fiancee's family. Both her, her parents and her sister are all vulnerable - if any of them (or I) get it there's a good chance they're going to join the statistics of the dead so we're trying to avoid going out where possible. Problem is that all these fucking monkeys panic buying and selling shit at inflated prices on ebay means we can't do normal shopping, me and her dad are having to go out more frequently to be able to get what we need and thus exposing ourselves. Still, we're using a bit of common sense but point stands. Can't find some basic things.

Zombiedude101

Zealot
Halo Admin
TRP Admin
May 26, 2011

edit: i dont mean to sound like an asshole but if you disagree with the idea of a universal healthcare system, you're inadvertently saying you're chill with thousands of people dying because that's what the US government is allowing by not providing such facilities - especially during the pandemic. the kid was 17 years old and he died because he didn't have health insurance, he had a whole life ahead of him but his life was deemed less valuable than the next because he didn't have insurance coverage. it's absolutely fucked how the system works in this country
Considering the number of US cases has just outpaced China, this is definitely a concern.

feelsgoodman

New Blood
Dec 21, 2011
governor of florida isn’t wanting to shut anything down because he doesn’t want to hurt the economy but im pretty sure florida has the largest elderly population out of any state so just to repeat myself shit is absolutely fucked

he’s basically provided a death sentence to a large group of people with his negligence and prioritizing of money over human lives
Dave n' Busters MUST SURVIVE.

Benji Dooble

Diamond in the rough
Jun 1, 2015
how can yall be so blind to say that healthcare and politics arent in anyway connected when healthcare is one of the biggest discussions in politics right now?

lmao thats funny man a child was denied treatment over lack of insurance yeah that's something that should happen in one of the most technologically advanced countries on the planet.

please tell me how that's not a political issue in and of itself?

Whatever your political views may be I don't think anyone here can agree that people suffering medical issues of any kind should be denied treatment because they're poor or their insurance is shit, you'd have to be a real scumbag to do so.

Covid-19 is showing us the major issues in our healthcare systems on a global scale and to brush that off with some dumb ratings and telling people to "not make it about politics" is at least a cheap shot.

jam tip

Raspberry's Lawyer
Oct 8, 2011
how can yall be so blind to say that healthcare and politics arent in anyway connected when healthcare is one of the biggest discussions in politics right now?

lmao thats funny man a child was denied treatment over lack of insurance yeah that's something that should happen in one of the most technologically advanced countries on the planet.

please tell me how that's not a political issue in and of itself?

Whatever your political views may be I don't think anyone here can agree that people suffering medical issues of any kind should be denied treatment because they're poor or their insurance is shit, you'd have to be a real scumbag to do so.

Covid-19 is showing us the major issues in our healthcare systems on a global scale and to brush that off with some dumb ratings and telling people to "not make it about politics" is at least a cheap shot.
the child should have gotten a job and bought health insurance obviously... idk what to tell u man

Scouser

Zealot
Aug 3, 2011
we need to protect our geopolitical interests in the middle east. little timmy will understand when he gets older.

moogaloo

The Schemer
Sep 1, 2011
covid-19 has been a terrible blow to the american healthcare system as doctors are simply too afraid to swipe the patients credit card in fear of catching the virus

local american says people should stop being poor to afford insurance, perhaps by joining the military or jumping in front of a fork lift to sue a company.

taxation is immoral and thats why i pay 500 dollars a month to my insurance. its just more ethical.

Decepti

Jan 29, 2015
the guys laughed at me for religiously avoiding using touchscreen order screens at mcdonalds... aint so funny now is it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)