COVID-19

Henry Ryan

Jun 21, 2019
With all the stuff and weird stuff iv heard about it i wanna give you dudes some tips my mom "Who is a nurse" told me
1 Was your god damn hands
2 Only use mask if you are infected or working close to infected and don't fucking steal them
3 Don't crowd hospitals because you got the fucking sniffles other people are going to need it more
4 COV19 Is only Dangerous to people with weakened immune systems such as the old,people with lung issues,infants
5 For the love of god don't buy out half a Costco over it try to go by your day to day lives as normal
6 Avoid Physical contact with people but don't avoid talking, like don't shake there hands and get to close but talk to em but just keep distance and saying hi and nodding
7 If you are willing help your communities in this time of need you must be careful and look out for each other
8 Keep a battery powered radio in your home in-case worse comes to worse.
9 Remember these last few things wash your fingers no touchy and rember who is around you and how you can both help each other
10 Just a small lilttle reminder a-lot of prescription meds come from china so if you got meds and stuff you need i recommend checking if you can still get them filled

Good luck TNB. - With love The Derkman

Bi-Em

Mar 21, 2019
Cornona Virus isn't really hitting Poland that bad but schools are slowy getting closed and we do have 16 people with it .

I wish good luck to you all and stay safe .

BMY

Legend
Jul 9, 2016
It may seem like the end of the world to some people with the news hyping it up and schools closing, but it's a fraction of the breadth of the flu and hardly more dangerous. Taking irrational measures will up your chances of having a sucky time from almost zero to 100%. Live life without fear!
And stop selling your stocks, y'all are robbing me for everything I own

Henry Ryan

Jun 21, 2019
It may seem like the end of the world to some people with the news hyping it up and schools closing, but it's a fraction of the breadth of the flu and hardly more dangerous. Taking irrational measures will up your chances of having a sucky time from almost zero to 100%. Live life without fear!
Yep simple dont be too fear full but be a lil carefull but dont fear it know it

Polioman

Zealot
Mar 14, 2018
The virus is pretty spread about my area so it's not too bad. Like maybe 10 nearby my local hospital so all good.

Charles.C

Apr 1, 2018
Germany's slowly getting more and more involved due to Austria and Italy. Berlin's fine for the moment though I am sure I'll get myself infected sooner than I think of it, considering I am twice per week in the inner city with a lot of random people, and y'know how quick that stuff spreads. Anyways, if I get it, i'll atleast have more time for TnB aswell haha.

Make sure you lot don't overreact too, I see a lot of people walking around with masks around already and they don't know that those do not properly work, unless you are infected yourself. In the end, they get coughed on, grab the mask, and forget to wash your hands so, keep that in mind too.

Peace from your humble German fella

sgtchico

absolutely clueless
Jul 17, 2012
somebody @ my work came in who had the virus (retard) & once we were informed about them from the brass, we had to quarantine them and get them sent back home. it was very hush hush and the only reason i know about it is because of security clearance. state i live in atm hasn't reported any confirmed cases or released this information at all yet.

i don't normally give a shit about these kinds of things because i assume it won't impact me in any meaningful way but i was walking around these people without even knowing it and i'm a bit pissed off about the lack of transparency. i walk into these people's offices and pass by them everyday. wash your hands and all that shit i guess because its more relevant than i thought

Airsoft

Zealot
Jun 3, 2015
People are too complacent about this sort of thing. The media is reporting on it, so they assume it's all BS and not actually a big deal. They're treating it just like any old regular flu and have no qualms about going to work and spreading it to other people because "oh they'll just get over it like I will".

People need to wash hands regularly, avoid touching your face and junk. Masks don't help unless you've got full seal eye protection AND a proper biological respirator/mask.

Mads

cute when mad
Jan 14, 2012
very important:
- do not buy facemasks in bulk
- do not buy oneway gloves in bulk
- do not buy disinfectant in bulk
- wash your hands, dumdum

all three are needed in hospitals and most hospitals only stockpile for a week or so in advance due to shifting prices and having to save every penny they can. additionally:
- facemasks protect others around you if you're already sick yourself, but in most cases droplets will still get through the material. useless.
- wearing oneway gloves in public is just silly and unless you actually know how to take them off properly & you don't touch your face every X minutes, it's not worth it.
- disinfectants kill bacteria, not viruses. the coronavirus, as the name suggests, is a virus. disinfectants are required in hospitals to work on patients where bacteria is an issue.
- touch a door handle? go to the bathroom? touch anything in public, i.e. a rail, a door, anything? take the garbage out? haven't washed your hands in a few hours? wash your hands. please.

people are suffering and possibly dying because hospitals are out of those three things and especially disposable gloves and disinfectant are highly important.

Scouser

Zealot
Aug 3, 2011
the first reference to human influenza comes from hippocrates in ~400bce. coronavirus is a few months old. this sort of 'its just a flu' attitude is dangerous because even if it isnt dangerous to a healthy young person you can still inadvertently spread it to vulnerable old people.

BMY

Legend
Jul 9, 2016
the first reference to human influenza comes from hippocrates in ~400bce. coronavirus is a few months old. this sort of 'its just a flu' attitude is dangerous because even if it isnt dangerous to a healthy young person you can still inadvertently spread it to vulnerable old people.
Yes, the Flu is old. That's why it sweeps much of the world every year and should be a greater concern to most people than Coronavirus. Yes, old and sick people are vulnerable. Just like with the Flu. They really are similar viruses and similar precautions should be taken.

Nat Attack

Legend
Dec 28, 2014
COVID-19 is in the same viral family with influenza, the common cold and SARS. Compared to SARS and the flu it's actually not particularly dangerous - the death toll is only as high as it is because it is incredibly contagious.

Take the same precautions you take during flu season and you'll be fine. Just make sure that if you have pre-existing conditions or a weaker immune system that you're careful.

Desrat456

Sep 22, 2012
I think the reason we're seeing so many deaths compared to infections so far has been due to who has been infected. I mean, just look at Washington state where their outbreak was in a nursing home!

COVID-19 does worry me, especially because I have a grandmother with lung issues, so it does worry me with that, but... It was also the flu that almost killed her last time, so its the same sort of shit this time around, just with a lack of vaccine. I think its healthy to be worried, but paranoia will just make things worse.

Treat it like a really bad case of the flu going around, and we should all be fine. If you think you're sick, avoid the elderly and the young, or people with conditions. Best we can do till a vaccine is developed.

Why China, why must you coff from your bat soup

BMY

Legend
Jul 9, 2016
very important:
- do not buy facemasks in bulk
- do not buy oneway gloves in bulk
- do not buy disinfectant in bulk
- wash your hands, dumdum

all three are needed in hospitals and most hospitals only stockpile for a week or so in advance due to shifting prices and having to save every penny they can. additionally:
- facemasks protect others around you if you're already sick yourself, but in most cases droplets will still get through the material. useless.
- wearing oneway gloves in public is just silly and unless you actually know how to take them off properly & you don't touch your face every X minutes, it's not worth it.
- disinfectants kill bacteria, not viruses. the coronavirus, as the name suggests, is a virus. disinfectants are required in hospitals to work on patients where bacteria is an issue.
- touch a door handle? go to the bathroom? touch anything in public, i.e. a rail, a door, anything? take the garbage out? haven't washed your hands in a few hours? wash your hands. please.

people are suffering and possibly dying because hospitals are out of those three things and especially disposable gloves and disinfectant are highly important.
P.s. antibacterials are only for killing bacteria but lots of disinfectants are for viruses or both. Anything HP, alcohol, bleach based is antiviral so your hand sanitizer and household cleaning products are still good.

snuggles

jimmy flanagan 1985
Sep 9, 2016
you're not "fucked" because your general area has a few cases, either. population is dense and most people at tnb live in areas where population is dense. as long as you listen to suggestions from health officials you'll be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)