<::|| Combine Overwatch Transhuman Arm Recruitment: OPEN ||::>

Discussion in 'Overwatch' started by Bennet Dyson, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bozo

Bozo Zealot

United States
    Requested Digits:

Do you have any previous experience with COTA?:

Yes, under Raygin and Kestrel respectively.

What kind of role do you think COTA should have in the server?:

COTA is the main military unit of the Transdimensional Universal Union's occupation force on Earth. They serve a multitude of purposes in a hostile environment, often being the go-to standard for when resistance is too numerous, spread out, and well equipped for normal Civil Protection forces to handle. Unlike the Metro Police, who are mainly stationed within city limits and in the outer districts of industrial areas and waterways, COTA is trained to fight in any environment. Variables like weather, altitude, climate, and location have little meaning effect in regards to their deployment.

The main role COTA should have on the server, in my opinion, is to show that the uprising has forced the Union's hand to deploy some of their more versatile units. Better equipped, better trained, and unwaveringly loyal, the Transhuman Arm shows the escalation in the conflict has reached a breaking point. With assets being liquidized left and right, COTA (outside of synth support) shows the rebels that no matter how hard they push, no matter how many enemies they kill, they are facing a synthetic hydra that keeps growing more heads.

Numbers. Numbers. Numbers.

Numbers that are incapable of going rogue, disobeying orders, or resisting.

Roleplay wise, COTA is here to provide an enjoyable combat experience for Combine and Resistance alike, allowing for more serious that can change the flow of the server in an organic way. Especially with the rebellion going on, with boundaries being tested and pushed constantly, it is a great way to showcase to the player base the ability of the main antagonistic faction in HL2 RP.

Why do you want to be a part of COTA?:

I've always enjoyed COTA for it's tactical based gameplay, no-nonsense attitude towards serious team-oriented combat, and ability to create development for Civil Protection characters and rebels alike. Though s2k is always fun, nothing beats feeling as though you're part of something powerful, experienced, and something very few people know exists as a potential avenue of roleplay.

I enjoy creating roleplay, and COTA is merely another avenue in which I can help others have fun too. The only difference is that the methods are focused more on combat and honing one's skills as a combatant.

What do you see as a generally acceptable level of durability for a COTA unit?:

Like we see in the game, which I'll be using as a reference, COTA units are indeed more durable than the average Civil Protection officer. They are outfitted with hard plated, reinforced personal armor. Essentially, it appears to be kevlar, though covering the entire body with a little extra padding. While it does provide ample protection against small-arms fire, we see that it doesn't provide adequate protection from grenades or an accurate burst of pulse fire. However, much of this durability is negated depending on where the shots land. Even a 9mm round can penetrate a COTA unit's gas mask, and a rapid burst of machine gun fire can tear through less protected extremities. They are tough, of course, but by no means are they an invincible threat.

They have numbers, equipment, training, and synth assets on their side. These make up their main strengths, rather than the armor they wear.

Accepted

#161 Bozo, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2018
  2. TankNut

TankNut Is Tekka done yet?
    Developer

Netherlands
    New batch processed.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Wunderbar Lamarr

Wunderbar Lamarr Senior Member

United States
    Requested Digits:
    14880 (Edward Burns)
    Do you have any previous experience with COTA?:

On other servers yes I do on here no. But on other servers I have been anything from, EOW, OWSS (Overwatch Shotgunner) among others. But I have about a few months maybe a year of overwatch experience.
    They would be tasked with guarding keypoints such as bridges for deliviering units, supplys,ammo among other things. They also guarding high ranking targets in certain divisions or ranks. They as well will be doing things such as being tasks to patrol areas and killing any threats that could be to the unit or platoon. But they will also be there to in general elimiante the anti-citizen activity.
    I would like to assist the struggle of the combine trying to keep control over earth as well as letting the citadel turn into there full super portal. I do know this may be a bit late for applying but I thought I might as well. But some other reasons I would like to assist in adding more or making roleplay more interesting either with other units or with rebels by asking the admins if I may do things such as scout areas etc.
    I would assume that they would be able to suvive a few rounds from a small weapon such as a MP7 as well as other small caliber pistols due to there armor as well as there augments and removed organs to prevent internal bleeding. They would as well as be possibly able to survive stabs in non vital areas such as center chest, neck or head and possibly based off of where the stab wound would be fight back if not tied etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #163 Wunderbar Lamarr, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  4. Manio

Manio Junior Member

Poland
    Requested Digits: 2137
    Do you have any previous experience with COTA?: Only as a event unit.

COTA soldiers are main military force of Universal Union on earth. Usually, you can't see them on the streets since they are military and they are tasked with things that Civil Protection won't handle itself. However, they still remain on various outland's outposts, guarding them and searching for any biotics. They are also located in nexus, ready to handle any major socio-stability fractures like global riot of resistance. COTA are not like humans, they are modified to improve their endurance and combat skills. They are not talkative as well. Since Universal Union created Civil Protection, COTA is not needed to handle citizens and socio-stability, they are only deployed when serious stuff happens. When the Uprising started, COTA's role is more important than ever, when C17 got destroyed, all remaining units were left without dispatch and high command. However, they gathered again, guarding advisors (It can be seen in EP2). They also re-established Dispatch, it sounds differend however. Since most of the Civil Protection went rogue and JUDGE gone missing, they are the main force who's supposed to bring Universal Union back in charge over the Earth.

I want to be a part of COTA because I really enjoy serious role-play. Since OTA is one of the most important white-lists, I belive that it will be difficult to get it. However, I'll try it. My Hl2RP experience is big enough, but I wasn't given opportunity to RP as COTA often. What can I say... There are no more reasons why I want to play as COTA, I would just love it.

As I mentioned before, COTA soldiers are modified humans, They've received multiple improvements in their body, their digestive system got removed as well as other internal organs. Their brain have received multiple improvements as well. They don't remember who they were since they got brainwashed, however, their part of personality were kept to improve their combat skills and strategic thinking. Their memories have been replaced with Combine codes and combat experience, making them real killing machines. COTA still feels pain however, they can fear (if you throw a grenade at OTA in HL2, you can clearly hear them yelling, "Shit!"). One thing is for sure, they can be killed. They are not terminators. Sure, they can get hit multiple times in their stomach or chest, but they'll still fight. Their thick armor provides protection against low caliber bullets like 9mm. It can also absorb various hits from blunt weapon. However, their helmet is not that strong as other parts of their armor. It is metal, but 9mm bullet can easly get through it.

To sum up my opinion, I will say that COTA Soldiers are much stronger than average human, but they are not immortal.

5. Ram

Ram Member

Germany
    Requested Digits: 40055

Do you have a unit in the CCA: No.

Prior Experience: Five different servers and nine years of HL2RP Gmod Roleplay.

What was wrong about the previous iteration of COTA?: don't know from personal experience, considering I haven't exactly ran into them ICly yet, but I've heard many things about them. For one, they were extremely S2K-focused and basically fucked the rebels over. Secondly, they were extremely chaotic and weren't very organized.

Why do you want to be a part of COTA?:To well, really get the experience of deployments, to really further understand how Overwatch actually fits into the setting. Plus, the tactics and the such seem interesting to try and get a grip on.

What role would you like to see COTA play for the server?: I don't want to see COTA as a reactionary force or damage control; but moreso as a roleplay avenue to bring for the resistance side and promote transhumanism in manners some find outlandish.

Steam Name:๖ۣۜRam
    Steam ID:STEAM_1:1:101515868
    Timezone (In GMT format):GMT +1 (Germany)

• Late Late x 9
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • ...what? ...what? x 1
  6. Bennet Dyson

Non-Roleplay Department Administrator

Ireland
  7. Mox

Mox FREE MARS
    Contributor

the applications are open bennet jeez

8. valerstein

valerstein RANDAL

I can't tell if this is satire or genuine

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wizard

Wizard Actually a wizard.

United States
    you didnt just miss the train, you missed the bus, taxi and plane too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
  11. The Red Menace

The Red Menace Silent Hill Extraordinaire
    Contributor

United States
    He’s delusional! Take him down boys!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anri

Anri cute when mad