Colony OR The HL2 TV Show

Discussion in 'Media Section' started by Nat Attack, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    What is Colony? Well, simply put, Colony is a TV show on the USA network about a post-Alien invasion world where Humans are filtered into cities from the countryside, designated by numbers, controlled by administrative human collaborators, and constantly monitored by flying robots and tripod-like creatures with the threat of city liquefaction being held over their head to dispel thoughts of rebellion.

Sound Familiar?

Yeah the entire show bears an incredible likeness to the entirety of HL2, just without the added aspect of Gordon Freeman. It's honestly a pretty well-written show and I've enjoyed watching it. It's not something I've been able to binge, being so busy with shows like Buffy and Angel and, you know, Westworld, but I try to put aside time just to see how many similarities I can spot. It's a pretty good watch if you want some light TV to watch in between spouts of heavy shit and I definitely recommend it if you've got space in your TV schedule

OH also the government controlling the humans is called the Transitional Authority who are the human-run police force for the aliens.

A synopsis from dear wikipedia,

Outside US

Abaddon: I added a trailer for the Non-US folk as your one doesn't work outside the US

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. hero

hero Senior Member

"i was forced to work for thbe combine!"

3. Anri

Anri cute when mad

Germany
    so i started watching this, and it's a pretty okay show. nothing groundbreaking or breathtaking, but it's fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anri

Anri cute when mad

Germany
    psa: holy fuck i hate the lockdown sound. it's such an earrape. i always scramble to turn down my volume.

5. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    Makes you miss the i17 jw sound doesnt it lmao

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Anri

Anri cute when mad

Germany
    makes me miss when directors didnt rely on cheap tricks to make the audience uncomfortable

"so, boss, how do we make them appear threatening and evil?"
    "Loud"
    "right... loud? so, are we just-"
    "Loud"
    "boss are we really just making them loud"
    "Loud"

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    Loud

• Agree Agree x 1