Character Trivia Thread

Denicide

Zealot
May 22, 2011
This idea is shamelessly stolen from a very old thread. The idea is to pose the kinds of questions which don't readily occur in roleplay and answer for our characters. We emerge with a slightly greater sense of who our characters are, and we get the pleasure of considering a problem we otherwise wouldn't.

In this thread, I will post a question every Tuesday and Saturday as long as there's interest, and keep a library of old questions here in the first post for people to answer together.

In short: consider the question(s) below from the perspective of your character and post your answer!

Today's Question
Every character has something peculiar about their appearance: it may be a way of dressing, a haircut, a feature of their face, or how they move. What one feature most distinguishes your character's appearance from all others?

I don't think I shall ever forget my first sight of Hercule Poirot. [...] Of course, I knew he was a foreigner, but I hadn't expected him to be quite as foreign as he was, if you know what I mean.
- Amy Leatheran, Murder in Mesopotamia

Tuesday, 7 July
Your character has, for whatever reason, an opportunity to enjoy some rare and precious leisure time. What do they do?
'I adjourned to my study, feeble as a kitten: almost too much so to enjoy the cheerful fire and smoking coffee which the servant had prepared for my refreshment.'

- Lockwood, Wuthering Heights

Last edited:

Llyods

May 17, 2019
Edward Lloyd when he was alive, would use those precious times to try make everlasting bond & unbreakable friendship with his fellow citizens. Specifically female ones.

Rabid

Legend
Dec 25, 2015
I used to love this thread.

Today's Question
Your character has, for whatever reason, an opportunity to enjoy some rare and precious leisure time. What do they do?
'I adjourned to my study, feeble as a kitten: almost too much so to enjoy the cheerful fire and smoking coffee which the servant had prepared for my refreshment.'

739 tends to use his free time to sleep, generally. He works long hours that have only gotten longer as he's climbed the ranks of the CCA and now as a fresh 01 he's going to need all the sleep he can get. If he's not sleeping and he doesn't want to think about work he'll usually just read.

Kami777

Jun 21, 2019
Today's Question

10014 spends his free time in the Nexus gym keeping his physical form proper and getting swole af

The General [2FA]

Nov 16, 2016
Today's Question
That is a difficult question. My character doesn't do anything other than barging into random bars and menacingly approach the vendors in an awkward fashion. If he did have spare time he'd probably write a book or something about life but nothing too extreme since he is indifferent to the whole situation.

Last edited:

Owain6521

XCCR Ration Hoarder
May 30, 2011
Today's Question

Katie Phillips uses her available downtime to work on her bike- a constant, futile work in order to try and free herself from public transport.

shinzokk

Your newest internet obsession
TRP Admin
Sep 18, 2015
Today's Question

cyrille mounir takes a bath in money

PopePanda

Legend
Sep 21, 2015
68282 lived as a rat for several years during the portal storms, losing what he enjoyed most. With his time in the CCA, and access to a life better then what he had squatting during the storms, 68282 spends most of his time actually reading sheet music, and doing musical things when he can. To him and what he thinks, it's enjoying what brought his family and himself joy. Underneath, it's more.

Ironically, Kuzma is the complete opposite, having landed a profession that was what he used to do before the war; work with clothes. That said, Kuzma spends most of his freetime using scraps of cloth that are unfit for use in clothing and under the radar to knit blankets and put them together. It is unknown what he has done with them at this time.

kingryan

Legend
Oct 5, 2016
Today's Question

Halina Eidelman spends some of her free time reading. While most of the Union sanctioned material she has her hands on isn't very interesting, she'll do anything to keep herself occupied. She's also a social animal, spending time with other people more often than not.

She also does fifteen pushups every morning, afternoon, and night.

Greene

space cowboy
Jul 4, 2011
Today's Question
Carina Blau mostly spends her time making connections and meeting new people. But if she doesn't do that you could find her endlessly cleaning her apartment.

Bi-Em

Mar 21, 2019
Andrew Watson : He uses the time to read books or to walk in what used to be park before the portals to remember the old world .

Belowthebelt

Aug 19, 2011
Today's Question

Scarlett Cunningham would enjoy the still silence of the morning with a cup of tea.

Sinclair

Zealot
Feb 15, 2015
Brenton probably lounges around near a window, drinks a beer, and reminisces about pre-war times and driving across the country. daydreaming about speeding down a desert road at night and stopping in tiny little towns to piss and run errands. maybe do an odd job or two for gas money. essentially living in the past.

A Blaze of Glory

Subtlety is overrated.
May 8, 2018
Shepherd is likely on the hunt for more spray paint or food. Outstandingly productive with his time, leisure tends to take a back seat.

Gollner is more often than not found in the kitchens, bars, and cafeterias of C45 getting progressively drunker, and louder, as he riles up his fellow citizenry by ranting about Combine- typically until he gets kicked out and falls asleep in the gutter.

Blahnik spends his free time with his boxing coach and life long friend. Often seen being screamed at by the significantly smaller Philadelphian in some incompressible English tongue as they go for runs around the plazas or as he practices with punching bags. When he can, he escapes for a quick cigarette.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)