CCC: where the fuck are we and what is going on

Discussion in 'Campaign Feedback' started by posepsi, Jan 12, 2019.

1. posepsi

posepsi actually el pepso

United States
    Could we please start using this section more often? Lately, especially ever since the NR have appeared it has been an absolute nightmare trying to keep track of what is going on. TC has travelled back and forth all over the country several times, and if there is any rhyme or reason to it, it's being hidden extremely well. There will be a map change event where helicopters drag everyone to Mexico or something and then the next day, if not within mere hours, there will be another thing where everyone loads up in trucks and people say we're in Colorado, or back in L.A., or up in Wyoming, if they have any idea at all.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Wizard

Wizard Actually a wizard.
    TRP Admin

United States
    Don't take the change to salvation or whatever that desert one was seriously, as it was something that was done without our knowledge.

Tech-Comm is still in the northern region of the united states fighting the NR, this map is the same as last one, Tech-Comm has just been forced underground.

• Artistic Artistic x 1
  3. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot

India
    From Mexico to Washington in a week but who knows what's goin on, not me

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. posepsi

United States
    Okay, but that has happened several times now. I get that you can't control DB, he's a loose canon but it's not just him.

I didn't even know we were suppose to have been in the northern region fighting the NR. I thought we were travelling between Mexico and LA mostly. I think that just supports the idea that we need to post about this stuff here instead of relying on people to figure it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wizard

TRP Admin

United States
    Not me either.

6. shinzokk

shinzokk Your newest internet obsession
    TRP Admin

United States
    im a lieutenant and i cant figure out where the fuck we are either so

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Abaddon

Abaddon Abadman
    Subcommunity Leader Moderator

United Kingdom
    This has been mentioned previously, it's something I've addressed and will be finding ways to keep the playerbase informed.

Don't worry, half of us admins are just as confused when we come on and ask similar questions.

I'll make a post shortly that will be updated regularly with: map changes, objective or reason for map change, what that means for TC, and where we are in relation to the U.S

• Artistic Artistic x 1
  8. Bulldog

Bulldog script mong

United States
    Then who is even running this story or series of events? Are they even linked? Is there even a plan or are we just going where ever the wind takes us?

9. Ammo

Ammo Jason Killer does not exist....
    TRP Admin

United States
    I made a character to try and clean up the messy map changing and clarify what tc is currently supposed to be doing.

Bakersfield has been ordered to push north against NR’s advances. Events transpired and Bakersfield is now trying to find the location of a strategically important base. For all intent and purposes. Tc was in northern Wyoming fighting. This was represented by ineu_pass. Orders were given yesterday to move towards Washington to try and find the base. I’m assuming that’s why we were on improbable. I was informed that an event happened where NR forced tc into some tunnels which is where we should be now.

Unfortunately, I’m out of town right now and can’t be on to help really narrate the story that is trying to be told.

I hope this post clears something’s up and an event post will be posted probably tomorrow when I get home.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. posepsi

United States
    im more worried than ever now

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot

India
    Gotta play to stand a fighting chance, man

• Zing Zing x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Abaddon

Abaddon Abadman
    Subcommunity Leader Moderator

United Kingdom
    People have been a little too hasty when it came to changing maps. It's sorted now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Chad

TRP Admin

United States
    i'd rather have an overeager and active admin team who changes maps too much with a little miscommunication than be stuck on rp_salvation for 2 months wondering whether or not i should try hl2 rp. so feel good knowing this can be easily fixed while the latter cannot.

seems like ya'll complain about too much or too little and even if the admin team finds a middle ground im almost certain there'd be a CCC for that as well. measure your expectations and criticisms and i think you'll enjoy your time here a lot more. you should be creating your own stories and interactions anyways, relying entirely on the admin team for direction is pretty lazy on your part and it's unfair to them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Davebrown

Davebrown my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
    Senior Executive Administrator

United Kingdom
    gotta love being called a loose canon

Honestly I make certain decisions based on the servers needs as a whole.

The map has been changed to so many different things.......I wouldnt mind so much, if we didnt end up sitting on certain ones that do not nessacarily suit the server that well.

Issues such as -

• too small
    • not enough points of interest
    • poor overall mapping quality / visual standard
    • really dosnt suit TRP theme
    • too linear
    • nowhere for skynet players to really operate from
    • bad layout
    • has a layout that means everyone just stays in the base and dosnt really have any drive to go out and explore / do stuff
    These things are all very important and almost always these random maps tick at least half of them

Sure, they might work well for part of an event or storyline, but you also gotta consider that lots of people - especially new players whove just joined for the first time, wont care about that stuff and will be turned off by the lack of instant understanding that comes with the TRP specific maps.

If people are stood around in camp, doing nothing, seemingly all AFK just waiting for something to happen, then I need to act on it. Its my responsibility - and the admins - to make sure that stuff is going on as much as possible. If the map isnt supporting that, then we gotta get off it ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot

India
    I hate when Dave demonstrates how well he knows what the fuck he's doing.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. posepsi

United States
    I agree with most of that. But it doesn't need to be an in character change with Connor saying we're going back to LA and people loading up in trucks or helicopters and adding confusion if the point of it is just to change map for those reasons.

17. scumbo

scumbo good natured

18. Davebrown

Davebrown my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
    Senior Executive Administrator

United Kingdom
    well people asked, i made up a reason, was simple as that really

people would whine if i didnt, so cant win really

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Drewerth

Drewerth nothing stops MY roleplay

United States
    Can we please stop using all these randoms maps? We've had so many map changes in the last week that the server is practically killing itself over it.

These maps aren't fun. If I get on the server and everyone's not IC, over ten players, running around at random because we don't know what map we're on how can we expect others to stay on?

At this point, I think the concept of snow-only maps is killing the population.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. posepsi

United States
    We're in Idaho too, not Siberia or whatever so it doesn't have to be snow! I get what you guys are going for but city maps would work just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Wizard

TRP Admin

United States
    That's why I brought us to redemption. It's still in Canada, but not one of the two-three snow maps we have on the box. They're either big and not really too good for the long term due to lack of anything (Vyten) or a bit broken (Stalker).

• Agree Agree x 1