[CCC] Rowtree

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno where this assumption of me 'spawning it in the middle of the plaza' comes from. I had it in my inventory from a while back, spawned in the trainstation, walked out of the trainstation, joined the crowd, and then threw it.

also yeah @firepower I got shot down by Matt's sniper but I've been talking with gurne about making some roleplay for IA and some stuff that'd work.

yeah i probably should have /event'd it instead, missing the CAs and only splatting killarag, sorry bud :(

but I mean tbh vorti I don't even understand what you're trying to say. It's a thread saying that I threw a molotov, and I don't really wanna sound rude but the only people complaining are the actual CAs, who I deliberately missed because firebombing them directly during a speech is bad

This shouldn't be some witch hunt on Rowtree or anything. I just want you to realize dude that throwing molotovs isn't something you should do just because you can.

Was your character trying to achieve something by throwing that molotov? It was a suicide mission either way. Was he planning to become a martyr?

The thought process doesn't add up. It undermines the immersion and the seriousness of the event itself, and this was pretty big since it was the inauguration of a new CA.

However it was good to see Cosmic just responded to it IC.

I hope we don't see stuff like this happen again unless it's justified with solid IC reasoning.

I believe the intent of the thread is to bring your lack of roleplaying the situation to attention. I wasn't there, but from what I can gather you apparently threw a molotov into a crowded group of units with no event or IC-justification that sets you apart from the typical minge players that spawn bottles and throw them. As Walker mentioned, the situation seemingly would have been different had you made a /ev or your character knew he was going to be martyred for the cause or something. Throwing a molotov because units are clustered together and sniggering over it knowing that you'll be shot down isn't a motive for your character, it's a motive for you.

GOLDEN NINJA WARRIOR said:
does it really matter if someone just throws a molotov?

if he spawns himself a cisr and starts going lee harvey oswald on the new ca then theres probably an issue but did it honestly detract from the experience
yes

Rowtree said:
I dunno where this assumption of me 'spawning it in the middle of the plaza' comes from. I had it in my inventory from a while back, spawned in the trainstation, walked out of the trainstation, joined the crowd, and then threw it.

also yeah @firepower I got shot down by Matt's sniper but I've been talking with gurne about making some roleplay for IA and some stuff that'd work.

yeah i probably should have /event'd it instead, missing the CAs and only splatting killarag, sorry bud :(

but I mean tbh vorti I don't even understand what you're trying to say. It's a thread saying that I threw a molotov, and I don't really wanna sound rude but the only people complaining are the actual CAs, who I deliberately missed because firebombing them directly during a speech is bad
You see this kind of irks me because this means you were one of those minges who ran through the door that had like three units on it without any roleplay whatsoever.

Oracle said:
You see this kind of irks me because this means you were one of those minges who ran through the door that had like three units on it without any roleplay whatsoever.
o in that case I legitimately didn't see the units there. Sorry about that!

Rowtree said:
o in that case I legitimately didn't see the units there. Sorry about that!
It's okay i guess. We were probably off to the side roleplaying patting down people. There were a couple that just straight up 100 speed sprinted through the checkpoint and we couldn't catch up. Woe is /me.

Walker. said:
It's been only admins so far, ironically.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Dave's the main culprit behind firebombing public events. It's not exactly an admin thing (not that Dave isn't an admin, but phrasing it in that manner seems to indict the admin team as a whole)

Again, I could very well be wrong. I'm just getting back on the server again after a week and a half of WoW.

We could phrase the specifics all we want, he did this and he did that. Turn it around and then follow saying "Well it isnt the admin team..."

There is no excuse, admins are a intergral part of the community, maintaining a roleplay standard and ensuring stability within the community.
I was one of those at the train station door, Rowtree this isnt good enough.

By throwing that Molotov, you've inspired regular players in a negative way. Further more, you've inspired roleplay newbies in a further more negative way. You basically said "It's okay to to do dumb things and not care about a concequence." I'd even go as far to say this demands PK action but I think we're beyond that point now.

The admin team is held under heavy scrutany because of these kinds of acts, if one admin can get away with it then by that logic all admins can get away with it. Players do not like that and this is why we often when visiting other communities or speaking to people independantly find most people have a negative attitude concerning admins.

In short, step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread