1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

<::|| CCA Recruitment: CLOSED ||::>

Discussion in 'Combine Civil Authority' started by FlatPancake, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scumbo

scumbo good natured
    RR Moderator

Character Name: James Tesoro
    CID: 10170
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:28389434
    Timezone: est
    Character biography:
    Lived in USA for some time before. Dead-ender who survived the initial invasion. Tired of being the one to sit there and take it, joining the CCA is a dangerous bid for something to protect himself with. Not particularly kind, James can only relate to the less fortunate. The death of a friend in a workplace accident is motivating him to put in that application he'd been thinking about. James will be hard to like sometimes but is ultimately a loyal friend when you can look past how big of a dick he can be. Currently 24 with some sort of criminal record - whatever it was, it wasn't bad enough to kill him outright. He might be a thug, and one of the not so good cops, but he's still a human who you can get a beer with and tell jokes to.

1. As a citizen, your character has managed to endure twelve years of the Combine occupation, as well as the devastating effects of the Portal Storms and Xen invasion prior to the 7 Hour War. Who was your character before the Combine? What experiences do they bring from their past life? How has the occupation affected them?

James was a poor nobody with little to show for himself. Regardless, he looks back on his past life with some beat-nik freedom through a rose lens. Now that James is more determined than ever to succeed, he might feel ashamed of his old life or regret that he didn't participate more in society. The occupation has been rough and primarily a repeat of the rough shit James used to go through. Strong-willed and short tempered, James will very likely only look out for himself and the few he trusts in a dystopia where you cannot save everyone.

Accepted. Speak to a squad leader to get your recruit flags. It's a no brainer; you were only recently in the CCA and I have no reason to refuse you a second time. You can still have an interview for the character if you'd like.

• Winner Winner x 9
    #201 scumbo, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2017
  2. Redford

Redford Senior Member

Character Name: Jessica Gibbons
    CID: 61389
    SteamID: STEAM_0:0:14815266
    Timezone: EST (GMT-4)
    Character biography:

History. Prior to C17? She has none. No family she can recall or even believes has survived to this point. No friends from the past. She just remembers the train. Waking up, dizzied and bloodied by forces unknown. A suitcase full of something that she never saw again. If you were to ask her about the world prior to the invasion, she'd probably tell you she has no idea or would try to change the subject. Some would mistake her amnesia for blind loyalism. She's not one to openly fight a command or request or order from her new overlords, seeing as it's far better to comply than to take a baton to the face.

Obligation
    . Jess has earned strange history during her tentative stay in 17. She's met various people and units with interesting backgrounds and ideologies. Eventually that turned into a whirlwind as she found herself caught up a mess without a shovel to dig her way out of. All of which ended up leading to her finding herself outside the city, seeing marred, masked, and painted faces of war, ready to kill, shouting the name of "freedom". She turned herself in after a raid in the caves, realizing life out there was far more dangerous and unrewarding than one expects it to be. She didn't agree with the leadership, or lack thereof, and she didn't understand the reason for why "they" fought. The radical ideas, the lifestyle. It all clashed against what she considered a "normal" lifestyle. It was then she found herself in a cell, interrogated and roughhoused by unit after unit, asking and prodding away at her until 768 stepped into the room and questioned her. He offered an ultimatum: Join the protection. The other option was not attractive, so Jess bit the bullet and agreed to this deal. At points in her life, she figured there were going to be two options: death or penance. Open to either, though refuses to let herself be the final judge in this.

She has quite a record with the current authority, some good, some minor infractions, some majorly bad. She's no shining example of a loyal citizen, but someone that just gets pulled into weird circumstances.

Current character(s): Jessica Gibbons, Sybil Leavengood, Isabelle "Izzy" MacNamara, 'Stoneheart'

Why do you want to serve in the CCA?:
    IC reason aside, I suppose I just miss it. That and the current climate suggests you will eventually have to choose a side in this ongoing fight and the thin margin of citizens will only decline further. I've spent a large chunk of my RP life on a unit, meeting all manner of other folks that kinda sent me for a loop. It was on 407 that I met others like CLUNK, Vaccine/Lange, the Basley family, Ozaxi, and so forth. I don't think I would've been able to get that far without having actually stepped foot into that deliciously crunchy boot.

Do you have any prior experience with Combine roleplay?: I have indeed. See the questioning below for a longer answer.

PICK ONE QUESTION TO ANSWER: (I did more than one though)
    1. As a citizen, your character has managed to endure twelve years of the Combine occupation, as well as the devastating effects of the Portal Storms and Xen invasion prior to the 7 Hour War. Who was your character before the Combine? What experiences do they bring from their past life? How has the occupation affected them?

This one is easy as Jess has no real recollection of her past. The last twelve years have been a blur, filled with Union propaganda, workshifts, and good ol' fashioned water to keep her numb. Complete with Union-approved documentation and BreenCasts of the liberation of Earth (Are we still calling it Acquisition X17?), the dream of post-humanism, casting aside the shells of humanity and its primal instincts that hinder this process to reach greater heights. She'd have zero idea of what her life was like before any and all of this, only able to recall the train ride over. The first sighting of a Vortigaunt kinda put her mind for a spin as these entities weren't something that was common enough to get used to. Even to this day, she's weirded out by such, referring to them by anything but the name "Vortigaunt".

Given her circumstance, she has no strong feelings in any direction. She sees the authority as structure for a mostly misguided populace. It's true that she has witnessed obvious displays of abuse and power while in the city, but will say the same thing if asked to explain herself and what she experienced outside. Historical records, prior to her transfer to C17, would suggest her to have the makings of a "good citizen", though now her record looks more akin to a Jackson Pollock painting with various colors of red and black.

Of course, the OOC powers that be would know exactly who Jess was prior to the mind-fuckery and I can go a little more in-depth, but I shan't due to weird circumstances. I'm willing to rescind this if asked to provide otherwise.

2. Describe your character's personality and what makes them human. How will they affect characters around them? How will they react to the situations they are put into?

Jess is best described as soft spoken and pretty timid around others. Quick to jump to the beat of the authoritative drum without too much resistance. Reserved, though when she speaks, it's often out there. She represents that quiet cit that doesn't go around trying to cause trouble for anyone else, and often does her best to stay out of it. She investigates the weird, sure, but she tries her best to help others that could be struggling in some form or fashion. Less so now, due to being scorned by her work mates because of her history. She tries her best to see the good in others, though goes through great pains to overlook the obvious evils that many wear on their face. When she has a focus, however, she becomes almost obsessed with it, looking for the tiniest of flaws and making sure to correct them or at least amend them in a way that makes it less obvious. Not perfect, by any means, but willing to adapt to her circumstances.

Affecting the people around her will probably be a struggle. Jess shrinks away at crowds, though will become brave if she finds herself not the target of conversation or the focus for the crowd of groups. That said, a mean-lookin' mask with the entire outfit wouldn't help her case much as eyes would be on her. She's not know true power, and the fact that the authority is fully capable of disabling some rowdy people looking to cause trouble with a good crack to the face or a show of force is attractive to her. The way 768 put it made it seem like one giant adventure, something she'd love to explore. Nothing more up her alley than the ability to expand without being afraid.

Knowing full well she's seen the same people outside as she has inside the city, there will be a divide between actually reigning them in and tossing them to them to the slammer in the name of justice and an obvious display of power. Jess is weak enough to admit she has bonded with some of these people and would fight the mental schism to break that.

4. Have you had any prior experience with Civil Protection at TnB or elsewhere? How would you summarize that experience? How could you improve yourself?

Like I said earlier, I have. This shouldn't be too much of a surprise. My previous previous experience with the CCA varied to Socio Officer (SWORD, UNION), AIRWATCH pilot, to intel Commander (GHOST) all under the same unit, 40770 aka Jessica. Also had a short stint in VICE (Unit 00713 under a different character) and SIGMA (C74, different char). Back in the 07-09 (C18, C8) era when I was known as Vaught. Each one carried different responsibilities and expectations, all of which were interesting to engage myself into. Back when it was pretty damn strict and cursing over the radio was met with an actual blackmark or other IC punishment. I understand things are extremely different now and rules have been pretty relaxed overall. And yeah, this is the same Jess that served all those years ago. I've already discussed this with the powers that be, so don't panic.

How would I improve? Mostly by adjusting to the new iteration style of leadership, command structure, understanding the limitations set forth. Explore the various options available and where it could take me. If there is any concern about this feel free to throw a PM my way or just reject my application. Either one works.

Denied. Please post in the Combine feedback board and we will discuss alternatives. I made it clear to you in a previous, private thread that Gibbons would technically be AWOL from the CCA so it's too complicated to take that character back into the fold without any consequence. We are happy to have you in with a different character, mind, which is why I'd like you to make a thread in private.

If you want to dispute this decision too, feel free.

• Disagree x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Friendly x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    #202 Redford, Sep 9, 2017
  3. Ruffian

Ruffian Senior Member

United States
    Character Name:
    Audrey Wilson
    CID:
    SteamID:
    STEAM_0:0:76487077
    Timezone:
    Eastern Standard Time - EST
    Character biography:
    Audrey was born around eighteen years before the war. She had a younger brother, Markus. He was sixteen when the war came to the planet, Audrey was eighteen then, making her apart of the graduate program. From what she remembers of her childhood, she was a brat. Mean to her parents, spiteful, always out hanging with boys and her friends, the only person who she loved, or thought she did at the time, was her brother, Markus. After the erection of the Authority, or it's predecessor, she was found hiding in her parent's house, using the cellar as cover from the violent onslaught outside. Fiercely clinging to her younger brother, the soldiers or synths, whatever was at that time violently ripped the two apart. Living near the metropolis of New York, Markus and Audrey were an easy find. Audrey was put into the Graduate Program later that year. Her time in the Graduate Program was rough, because she was outspoken, and spoiled to a degree, it was hard for her to swallow her pride, also because every chance she had, she asked about Markus. Eventually, she learned that asking would only make things worse for herself.

When she was released from the graduate program, six years later, she was thrown from City to City, bouncing to a few before she arrived on the train to City Seventeen. During her time in City Seventeen, she was a 'model' citizen. For, Duty is it's own reward, is it not? She did the workblocks. She did the cleaning. She lived in the crowded apartment. She worked in the factories. She hated it. She complied for one reason: Markus. If she survived, surely he could to, right? She wanted some element of family. Everyone here was so miserable, and Audrey was to. It isn't that she wasn't loyal, because she was. The Combine was the only option. She understood why Markus was taken, she just wanted him back. Only the benefactors could help her, so one night whilst wandering around the City, a brightly painted poster spoke out to her: "Duty. - Join Us." She thought: They could find her brother. So, Duty it was.
    Current character(s):
    Ethan Long, Blake Long, Johnathan Havenburg.
    IC:
    Hello, I am Audrey Wilson. I want to join the Civil Authority because I possess a strong sense of duty to our benevolent benefactors. I am determined to help protect the city from those who do not see the benefit of our hosts. I am a Graduate. I have people skills. I think I could be a fine addition to our wonderful Metropolitan Police Force!
    OOC:
    I'd like to join the CCA because I have experience in the faction. I played as MPF/CCA on ShockCoreGaming, Earthfall Network, and other servers. I enjoy playing the part of sympathetic do-gooder, or harsh crook. I fully understand the need of the MPF/CCA for facilitation of roleplay. I've done a good amount of RolePlay on a unit and I suppose I like having a few lanes of roleplay open to me, so I am not limited to playing a citizen. I suppose I've always wanted to apply for a CP on TnB, but I never had the chance. I'd very much like the opportunity to develop a character in the vast and developed lore that TnB offers.
    Do you have any prior experience with Combine roleplay?:
    Yes, as stated above, I have experience with MPF. Aswell with C/OTA.
    QUESTION & ANSWER:
    Have you had any prior experience with Civil Protection at TnB or elsewhere? How would you summarize that experience? How could you improve yourself?
    My experiences elsewhere have been average, at best, whenever I look at the CCA Forums on TnB, I yearn for the development it offers. I suppose I've always gone along with whatever sever I was playing at, until it got so bad I left. I never really gave it my "all". I could improve myself in many ways, one of them being more serious in my roleplay and trying my best at what TnB offers. Another way I could improve my roleplay at CCA/MPF is to try to keep my storyline - A lot of times I change my character's attitude, forgetting their backstory. I've been trying my best to fix that, making sure I seperate ME from my character.

Accepted for interview. Seek out a member of Field Command and see if you can talk your way into admission. I respect that you know that other CCA structures and experience pale in comparison to this place. We have a very high standard and you can be removed on the fly for mistakes.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    #203 Ruffian, Sep 9, 2017
  4. Ashea

Ashea Member

United States
    Character Name: Laquaiesha Boursiquot

CID:

SteamID:
    STEAM_0:0:72194997

Timezone: UTC-05:00, EST.

Character biography:
    Laquaiesha was born in the developping country of Haiti in 1986. She lived her childhood under a rather firm dictatorship, forging a harsh character trait from the beginning of her life, having learnt to keep her back straight from such a young age. At age of sixteen she found herself a job in a hotel resort in Port-au-Prince. Not the highest paying job, but it's what brought food back home. Once she turned eighteen is when the Portal Storms started to be a thing. Each waking hour from that point was a living nightmare, Haiti plunged into chaos, fighting over scarce supplies of food in xenian-infested areas. Haiti being the place that it was at the time, it wasn't too hard to snatch a weapon from a dead guard or a smuggler, and that's what Laquaiesha did. She lived through many firefights and crazy situations. She killed many things ranging from zombies to humans, a thing she'd never forget. While millions died in Haiti, she managed to get through everything with most of her family during these two years. Comes 2006, Laquaiesha and her family moved into a millitarized ambassy of the United-States. She got through four long years before the Seven Hour War began and lead to the combine regime being installed on Earth. She was twenty four at the time and already made it through an entire life of living hell, the idea of having a roof over her head and a more stable source of food than when she was scavenging for years was a an idea she was pretty happy about. Years gone by, Laquaiesha learned her place in society, moving out of other people's way, attending workshifts and staying out of trouble. But here comes another chapter of her life.

Current character(s): Emma Lavoie, Cletus Donovan, Jordan Smith, Laquaiesha Boursiquot.

OOC: I want to experience something new and embellish in my RP capabilities. And with the uprising coming soon, I wish to explore the idea of having an unit in these times.

I do not, this would be my first experience, would I be accepted.

PICK ONE QUESTION TO ANSWER:

2. Describe your character's personality and what makes them human. How will they affect characters around them? How will they react to the situations they are put into?

Laquaiesha is a complex individual. Although never diagnosed, she is a bipolar woman. She can go through months of depression, to months of joy, general happiness. She can make friends as easily as she can make enemies. Her interests shifts often. Her emotions can easily be percieved by other individuals, sometimes changing the mood of others, for better or for worse. If she manages to enter the Combine Civil Authority, who knows how she'll act like, or react. She never really been in a position of authority, maybe power will get to her head, or maybe she'll stay humble, and lay low.

Accepted for interview. Please contact a member of Field Command. I really like the direction you want to take with her: there aren't too many imperfect, medically diagnosed characters within the CCA. Though, how you described her trait sounds more like clinical depression than bipolar disorder. You may want to read up (or I may be wrong, who knows) when portraying her.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #204 Ashea, Sep 10, 2017
  5. Cato

Cato Senior Member

United States
    Character Name: Henry Mason
    CID: 13785
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:68710637
    Timezone: CST

Character biography:
    Henry's life before the war could be described as normal enough, he had a family and two younger brothers. Born in North America and grew up in the suburbs. He was just shy of Eighteen years old when the first portal storms hit and shook the world as he knew it. Like many families he was moved into a large urban sprawl that was protected by the military. The following years were rough on him and his family, food was harshly rationed, common place items became rare, but in the mean time they survived, the military did what they could to keep everyone safe. Then one day the sky opened up and all hell broke loose. During the intense fighting Henry was separated from his family, every attempt he made to go after them was futile. He hid in a underground shelter to try and wait out the battle as it carried out during the night. When all the smoke and dust cleared the city had been decimated, any and all of the survivors were rounded up and moved around for what seemed to be for an endless amount of time. He never saw his family again from that day on.

Henry was already to old to be entered into the Graduate Institutes and was instead placed directly into the citizen work force like so many others. He held out hope for finding his family the first few years, he transferred from city to city in search of any hint or clue of them, but never heard even a whisper. As time progressed the quality of life decreased, life became harder. Some people just fought over scraps. Henry himself was victim of seemingly random muggings, other citizens decided to take advantage of there fellow man. Stealing tokens and rations coupons for themselves. After his most recent transfer he became fed up with it and opted for the better living conditions and perks that joining the CCA offered. He also hoped that maybe joining might just help him know the fate of his family so long ago, at the very least he was looking for closure.

Current character(s):
    Calo, Henry Mason.

OOC:
    I have always found CCA role play unique in it's own right when playing on Half Life 2 themed role play servers. I genuinely enjoy playing as the faction in the setting and always strive to play and develop a unit in most servers I have been a part of. For some reason it's a lot more easy to immerse myself into the setting playing as a unit, though this may have to with the fact that I am more of a reactionary role player. I also do enjoy the opportunities you receive when role playing as a unit to actually initiate role play or become a part of it. Either being just idle chatter between you and a patrol partner, or responding to just about anything imaginable.

Yes, just about every Half Life 2 role play server I have participated in I eventually applied and was accepted into the MPF/CCA/Whatever they wanted to call it, faction. I can list most of these servers out if asked to, though many of these servers have garnered a bad reputation or are long gone and I would prefer to not do so.

Have you had any prior experience with Civil Protection at TnB or elsewhere? How would you summarize that experience? How could you improve yourself?

No I have not had prior experience at TnB playing as Civil Protection, but as mentioned above on many servers I role played on I had the white list and enjoyed developing a character for the majority of the time played on said servers. From the first server I ever joined until now I can summarize it as a bit of a bumpy road honestly. For awhile, as being new to the whole thing, I was confused as how to act and feel about many things as they happened around me. But the longer I kept at it the more I improved at it. Learning that these characters aren't just autonomous unthinking robots but real human being with different opinions, thoughts, and feelings. I fleshed out my own stories and motives for doing things, at first it was about the characters past that influenced decision making but as I slowly progressed throughout characters I understood that recent events can mold and change a person as well, even more so in the setting and environment of the Half Life 2 universe.

Accepted for interview. Please seek out a member of Field Command. I'm nervous accepting someone with one post but hopefully the interviewers will vet you out better. Good luck.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #205 Cato, Sep 10, 2017
  6. RGB

RGB I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Character Name: Lauri Hikipää

CID: 06163

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:50422089

Timezone: GMT/BST

Character biography: Lauri's not so old, got his whole future ahead of him. Actually his 21st birthday is coming up soon. He's about to graduate and he's already decided what he's going to do, that's join the CCA right away. Forwarding those enlistment papers in advance even, at least he found out which City he's going to, nagged somebody until they caved and told him all he wanted to know.

Real overeager sort, you know the type, way too excited about something you can't imagine being so pumped for. He's a Finnish kid but you'd hardly know it, he was 8 years old when the occupation started, his cultural identity is pretty warped, mostly propaganda-fed, that's gonna stick with him for life.

Live and die for the Union and all that is his firm belief system, and he believes it, he really does, even when presented with pretty clear evidence to the contrary, but it's not so sure how long he can keep that up, he's pretty faithful that what they told him was true so maybe he'll deny it forever, or just reframe it, or sort of lose his head some when his entire life turns out to be stacked on top of a mountain of garbage.

He's signing up because that's what they told him to do. Serve the Union, and this is a good way to serve the Union, right? High suitability scores on the enlistment form don't always seem to line up to actual suitability. Well he sure thinks he's suitable, so that's what he's doing.

He has no idea what he's doing.

Current character(s): Chu Ngon Quyen

Why do you want to serve in the CCA?: I enjoyed it before, I stopped having fun by the end thanks to me being hugely overstressed with real life stuff on top of my CCA stuff so I ended up making plans to resign, and was given an out a little before that went through. I am no longer stressed by real life stuff and want to come back to it, because I think I'll enjoy it now I'm way less stressed.

Do you have any prior experience with Combine roleplay?: Yes, I have applied for and played in the CCA a few times this iteration and have held a position as adjutant this year across three characters back to back.

Lauri's just a kid, and that's the core of the concept. He's just a kid, and he's incredibly innocent and naive. Lying, to him, isn't a concept he's used to, despite lifelong exposure to it. Way too nice, way too trusting, and slow to pick up on social norms, maybe he's got a learning difficulty for that because these hard lessons about the nature of people never seem to stick, or he's denying it all. Either way, he keeps his head high and hopes higher, annoyingly and persistently chipper.

He thought this job was the perfect fit for him, and his civil duty, and boy was he wrong. When the pressure ramps up he's the opposite of a good unit and will probably hide in a corner when something goes bad, if he gets spooked, or maybe he'll just fuck up throwing a flashbang from the nerves of trying to look good to his superiors.

He'll be the first to crack under pressure and probably the first to fumble without any. There's always a screw up who somehow got on the team, who somehow manages to keep going.

Accepted. You can either contact Field Command and get your flag or attend an interview. I'm happy to see you take another stab at the CCA and this character seems very different from what you regularly play. Looking forward to seeing them play out, just pay no mind to the space lizards blocking our comms while HC sips on that sweet civilian nectar; I had a cousin that I swear fell into the pit of the stuff and he turned green for a week. Anyway, we're living in a dystopian nightmare but at least Ted Cruz is dead.

Here's a spaceship 8::::::::D lots of love Salvia out

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    #206 RGB, Sep 10, 2017
  7. ThePastaAvenger

Germany
    Character Name:
    Heinrich Holtzmann
    CID:
    SteamID:
    STEAM_0:0:25139530
    Timezone:
    UTC+1
    Character biography:
    There's nothing too special to note about Heinrich. He was a hard-working student, and now he's a hard-working man. A typical German, you might say. He kept to his work in the factory, clocking in and clocking out, day in and day out. He was efficient, he was loyal, he was obedient. What always angered him, however, was seeing some of his colleagues slacking off. But seeing them steal various items either for themselves or to help the outcast rebels angered him even more. Heinrich feels the need to follow the law, since he believes it is the very thing that keeps society together. He had to complain to the manager, but that did absolutely nothing. He was left unsatisfied, he was left in rage. There were still savages in his workplace, and he could not stand it. Because of this, he now needs to not only follow the law, but to also uphold it. Heinrich wishes to see any and all rule-breakers and outlaws eliminated, for he fears that they may completely destroy what now remains of mankind's past civilization. So, the only logical choice to him was to report to the CCA for recruitment.
    Current character(s):
    Denis Schumann, Heinrich Holtzmann
    I always liked serving in the CCA, and it was always a blast. I've had a hiatus of maybe two years or so, and I'd really like to get back, since this faction suits me the most.
    Most of my time on TnB has been spent in the CCA, and that was over multiple versions. I was 02 at most, but I still saw a lot of stuff and feel experienced, even though I might be a bit rusty now.

4. Have you had any prior experience with Civil Protection at TnB or elsewhere? How would you summarize that experience? How could you improve yourself?
    Spent a lot of time in the CCA, been through a lot of stuff. I always did my best for the good of the Union, but also to ensure a fun roleplay environment for both parties.
    I believe I'm still a bit lacking in my roleplay skills, at least in this sort of digital format of roleplaying. I need to learn how to use the system and its commands to better convey my character's thoughts and actions.

Accepted for interview. Please contact a member of Field Command. The application is a little basic but I'm going to take your word based on the experience you have.

#207 ThePastaAvenger, Sep 10, 2017
  8. Mister Rogers

Mister Rogers TnB's Dreamboat & nicest person

United States
    Character Name: Leonard Ramirez
    CID: TBD
    SteamID:
    STEAM_0:1:13930531
    Timezone: EST
    Character biography: Born a third generation Mexican-American family, Leonard grew up with seven siblings. While his parents did what they could for him and his siblings, Leonard dropped out of high school and worked as a line cook for several years. With the arrival of the Portal Storms, Leonard joined his father as a laborer for a construction firm, repairing damages done by the storms.

Like so many, the arrival of the Combine separated the Ramirez family. While at first distraught with grief, the ever resilient Leonard made friends with his coworkers, devoting himself to whatever task was set in front of him. While never a hardline believer in trans-humanism, Leonard took every opportunity to learn, something never offered to him before. Reuniting with a previous coworker that was off-duty, Ramirez saw the benefits of enlistment. Chewing on it for a few weeks, Leonard finally put in his application.
    Current character(s):
    Foxtrot
    Meyer Rabinovich
    Teppo "Ham" Hämäläinen
    Avery Hayes
    Lyubov Viktorovna Shchepkina

Why do you want to serve in the CCA?: I at the end of the day miss roleplaying a unit. I enjoy a character's internal conflict between someone trying to remain human in an inhuman world.
    Do you have any prior experience with Combine roleplay?: My previous unit made it to the rank of MACE.02.

My previous unit reached the rank of 02 within MACE. My experience was beyond interesting. 38340 started a man who wanted the beatings to stop, a roof over his head, and a meal in his belly. The original question for 38340 was "What is a 'good' person capable of staying 'good' within the CCA?" And in the case of of 38340, he couldn't stomach it any longer.

Leonard is a different story. His life, while it didn't improve under the Combine's rule, it didn't go completely down the shitter. I'm curious more now to see how far down the rabbit hole of trans-humanism he will go. Will he stick close to the Union but retain he humanity or will he be swallowed up and made into another masked man who has stomped out their humanity.

As for what I could do better? Perhaps a touch of tasteful cruelty on the part of Leonard. 38340 was a hugbox for the most part unless forced into a corner (though, this did happen more often than not). This doesn't mean Leonard is going to be some sicko who beats people for a laugh, but I believe 38340 didn't fear the results of his actions.

Accepted. You can either attend and interview or contact FC for recruit flags. The CCA is a rotating door for you, always happy to welcome you in after your breaks. I know that you're capable.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    #208 Mister Rogers, Sep 10, 2017
  9. TheFreshPrinceOfOlive

TheFreshPrinceOfOlive Senior Member

Canada
    Character Name: Natasha Roma

CID: 01313

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:105058407

Timezone: UTC-05:00

Character biography:

Natasha Roma had a relatively non-standard way of living pre-war. She was the daughter of two gypsies in western Russia, and followed the roads with her family wherever they would take her. She had no formal education, however. Even so, her mother attempted to scrape together what little textbooks and educational tools she could get, so her daughter may grow up with at least a decent amount of education. Her parents love and care for her was only matched by the affection she gave to them. They were inseparable.

That's since changed, however. After the fiasco that was the seven hour war, her parents lay dead in the ruins of a subway station, and she crawled weakly from the ruins with tears in her eyes and a metaphorical hole in her heart. She was left to wander the streets alone - No remaining friends, no remaining family. Her survivor's guilt wore away at her, as though some demonic creature was slowly gnawing at the back of her mind. Years passed, and as they did Nat grew older. Now the age of thirty, she thought there'd be two options for her - remain in the same rut that she'd carved for herself, adding further to the anxiety or the guilt, or join the CCA and actually do something that might finally give her the chance to feel useful - to feel happy again. Nat, of course, happily took a stab at the latter.

Current character(s):
    Horus Petescu
    Isaac Pancake
    Magnus Carter
    Dragoslav Ivanov

Why do you want to serve in the CCA?: This can be IC or OOC.
    I want to have a CCA character for some rather simple reasons - I've never had a CCA character, and I like the situations they get to RP. I like having complex characters, and I feel like CCA members are nothing short of complex.

Do you have any prior experience with Combine roleplay?: Never on TnB, however on a few other (now dead) HL2RP servers I had quite a few ground units.

As a citizen, your character has managed to endure twelve years of the Combine occupation, as well as the devastating effects of the Portal Storms and Xen invasion prior to the 7 Hour War. Who was your character before the Combine? What experiences do they bring from their past life? How has the occupation affected them?

Natasha Roma grew up on the roads of eastern europe. Her family was a small collection of nomadic gypsies who rode around in carts all day - therefore, she was never used to staying in one place for more than a month at a time, meaning that when the Combine consolidated power and began to transfer people all around the world, she simply saw it as though she were getting back into the "swing" of things. There was no place she saw as hostile, no place she wouldn't dare go - Everything was unexpected, which is how it has always been for her. That, she could live with.

The years under occupation did take a toll on her - she suffered survivor's guilt, often asking herself why she'd survived and no one else she'd loved. She felt as though she had to do something useful and productive in order to make up for her being the only survivor, so she often worked herself right into the ground. She wake up early, eat very little, go to her work shifts, work as hard as was humanly possible for her, then return to her shitty apartment and fall right into her mattress. She saw herself as a living debt to her parents.

Accepted for interview. Please contact a member of Field Command. I like this application, I think Natasha has good prospects for a character. My advice is try not to fall too much into cliché Russian territory.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #209 TheFreshPrinceOfOlive, Sep 10, 2017
  10. Chubbs70000000

United States
    Character Name: Matthew R. Luna

CID: 70071

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:33797777

Timezone: UTC-08:00 (Pacific Time Zone)

Character biography:
    As what could be described as a star graduate from the Universal Unions' propaganda academies; Matthew was the ideal target outcome for the Combine rule over the Earth youth. Separated from his parents at 10 during the move to military controlled urban zones in Southern California; Matthew was forced to the growing population of orphans spanning worldwide as an outcome to the portal storms. Devastated and perhaps depressed from the loss of his parents and family Matthew lived a less than happy life until the invasion of the Universal Union. Some time after the effects of the 7 hour war Matthew along with countless other young survivors were herded away from the dark and helpless life of the ruins of what once was called home. An overwhelming feeling of purpose and moral duty swept over Matthew during his time in the Combine educational institutions. Where others saw ill-intent invaders he saw saviors and supreme leadership in the UU. Where others saw a human race plunging into slavery and oppression he saw the ones who avenged his family. Graduating with many merit awards Matthew was given the honor to speak in front of his graduating class before transfer to the work force. Topics of furthering the human race and serving our saviors till death were each great topics of his speech. His transference to City 17, as he says, as a skilled laborer was nothing short of a great honor. Yet something inside him yondered for more purpose.

As he made himself comfortable living as a citizen working day to day; Matthew felt more in tune to a greater calling. Each day he'd arrive back to his assigned apartment; greater feelings of superiority would beset him from his fellow coworkers and citizens. He could see loyalty where none was appreciated and to the contrary no loyalty where it was seemingly presented by non believer citizens. He worked day to day for the most part keeping his feelings to himself, though truly unhappy with his current stale position. Less than six months into his service as a labor-man in City 17 Matthew made the decision to put his application into the CCA only to further his loyalty and service to the cause. His devotion grows evermore each day he awaits word back on his application status. As he attends his work cycles all he can think about is his disgust with some certain other citizens and coworkers. Removing himself from the same status as them must make him superior; or so he thinks.

Current character(s):
    Matthew R. Luna
    Walter Kerntz

I wish to have a character in the CCA to come back to my roots of playing mostly CCA unit's back in my old roleplay times as well as to enjoy the roleplay that comes from being in such a position. I thoroughly enjoy being in a well organized and paramilitary enivornment such as the organization and find that when associated with the Civil Authority experiences for all people involved seem to gain much more in depth and well thought out roleplay situations.

Yes; In the City 08 days as well as the aftermath of City 08 I was a Union ground Unit eventually reaching the rank of Officer for the squad. I also played another ground unit reaching similar rank of another serious roleplay server much further back.

Before the portal storms and the Xen invasion Matthew was a well established American child living in a peaceful Southern California with his family. Once the portal storms and the Xen invasion displaced or perhaps killed his parents, Matthew became a rather troubled youth within the confines of the fortified urban zones of America. His anger and depression overtook him, becoming regularly recognizable to orphanage proctors as a trouble maker to say the least. His short temper would seem to get the best of him; causing him to lash out to the other boys his age who seemed to grow entitled or complacent. Matthew never was one to enjoy the company of those who wanted hand outs. Perhaps leaving him to an orphanage wasn't helping his short temper either. The occupation of the Combine, however, has seemed to give Matthew a new hope. Where purpose and cause was not visiable within his life pre-war, the Combine gave it to him. Being heavily indotrinated into Combine propaganda and a sense of superiority over others who he views as "weak" Matthew longs for the day to perhaps be in a position where he may act on these aggressive and "alpha" mentality thoughts.

Accepted for interview. Please contact a member of Field Command. Matthew has a quite generic backstory which I hope you flesh out as you participate in the CCA. I'm sure you'll have enough opportunities to do so.

#210 Chubbs70000000, Sep 11, 2017
  11. Rexzous

Rexzous New Blood

Canada
    I'm back boys and girls, its been about a year so I figured I might join back up.

Character Name:
    Boris Ivanov
    CID?: 19178
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:34498378
    Timezone: EST

Character Biography:

( As I was previously a CP on this character, I included such experience into the biography. I believe I was transferred to another city when I had to drop from activity for awhile.)

Boris had always been a loyalist. A man who had always seen the normally cruel behavior of the combine as simply the next step for humanity, and the work of the Civil Protection as nothing more then just another job. Ever since he had arrived in the city, he had always tried to convey to less compliant citizens the gift they were being given. It wasn't mindless preaching, Boris had attempted to find as much information he could find to prove his thesis. He read books, read what the combine had promised and thought it over again and again until he too could see the reasoning behind it all. It was after awhile, providing people with a genuinely happy, compliant image of combine-humanity cooperation that Boris finally surmounted the best way to gain people's trust. He would have to commit to such ideals, he would have to be the example for the rest. As such, he submitted an application to the CCA for employment; shortly after being accepted.

Work in the C.C.A was hard, and being a recruit in the Metropolitan Police Force was quite daunting. It was here, Boris found his ideals and courage challenged by a new obstacle, the malignant rebellion working its tendrils into the minds of the citizenry. Slowly, Boris noted more violent incidents occurring within the city walls, more and more of his new colleagues in the force were winding up in the medical bay's of the nexus. The stress of seeing his comrades wounded, and the ever-noticeable glares from the citizenry drew Boris inwards, until the fateful day in the slums where he would earn his 05 ranking. Boris had long forgotten the man who had fired upon them from the construction site, or the eventual capture of said man. What he did remember, was the pride he felt. The man was not a rebel, but a murderer. A Citizen who had, in his greatest illusion, taken the life of another citizen, an innocent. Boris noticed that day, there were no glares, there was only thanks. At this point, Boris no longer held doubt in his ideals, and as an 05 began to steadily work towards a cohesive relationship with the Citizens who were ever present.

A few weeks later, he was sent to another City, somewhere far away. Today, he returns, a man changed by experience, or the ever idealist.. only time will tell.

Current Character(s):

Boris Ivanov
    Francis Fitzgerald

I was a previous member of the C.C.A., I dropped out due to lack of time and overall disinterest at the time, but I've come back and noticing that the applications are open, thought I might see if y'all want me back. I have much more time now to dedicate to role-playing then I did before.

Yes, as stated above.

4. Have you had any prior experience with Civil Protection at TnB or elsewhere? How would you summarize that experience? How could you improve yourself?:

I was quite a weak writer at the time, and got in off sort of a fluke. I wasn't confident in myself to actively be engaged in passive roleplay which was my ultimate downfall. My experience in CP was quite enjoyable however, and every day I actively feared for the other characters I had come to know through Boris. I always aimed to make an impact, but I feel like a fell short a lot of the time. My goal would be to make this potential unit shine and provide yet another sentinel to stand atop the walls of the Universal Union and provide a much more purposeful roleplay, for real this time.

Accepted for interview. Please contact a member of Field Command. Judging by your post, I figure you have the experience down to play a unit and with Boris previously being part of the CCA (then transferring to another city?) he shouldn't have any problem fitting in. I'd only recommend you determine his history better: if he was previously in the CCA, you can't really quit, so when he moved cities I recommend you write in it was to perform in another squad.

#211 Rexzous, Sep 11, 2017
  12. Lemonfizzle

Lemonfizzle Member

United States
    Steam Name: Lemonfizzle

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:21056736

Character Name:
    Leroy Carter

Time Zone: EST

Current Characters:
    William Carthritch
    Jack Whateley

CID?: 09299

As far as OOC goes I've done a lot of Half-life 2 roleplay, but I've never been able to experience it through the eye-holes of a CCA gas mask, it's something I'd like to give a try, see how I do and how I enjoy it, I also think it'll help me mingle with the TnB community by having a combine character on the server

No, not really.

Character Bio: Leroy or "Roy" is a burly Australian man, born in 1991 the only child of a humble carpenter and a chatty diner waitress. Roy's childhood was, well as average as any kid's life can get in the Western Australia heat. Though, it got a lot less average when green portals started spitting out nasty Xenians. Though the town he grew up in didn't take kindly to the idea of being pushed around by strange squishies from space in-between. All those able took up arms and held the strange critters back best they can. They eventually set up walls and a perimeter system to keep out the nasties, and survived long enough for the ADF arrive and move them to a cramped Civic center, which was a bit worse off than the town was. Years passed in the crowded, sweaty Civic Center, and then The Combine arrived. Bam. Took us down in seven hours. Strangely, Roy didn't feel any fear or despair, he felt more in awe at the raw power; Much more than the Xenians. You see, Roy is a survivor. So he did what he believed fit to survive; he conformed. He went into a Graduate Institution and was spoon-fed Combine Propaganda. He didn't mind it really, the thought of a 'next step in human evolution' and 'the knowledge and secrets of the universe' sounded quite appealing to him. Not too long after he became an upstanding citizen, doing as told, attending workshifts and what not. He began to want more than the blue jumpsuit. He heard talk of malignants, terrorists, hurting people and attempting to hinder mankind's evolutionary progress. Roy wasn't going to idly stand by while this happened. He decided to apply himself into the CCA.

Personally, Roy can be quite charismatic and easy to get along with once brought out of his shell. Enjoying things like good tunes, cracking jokes, small talk, and the occasional cold one with the boys, but he sets a fine line between work and play. Professionally, he's a no-bullshit, get-things-done-and-get-them-done-right kind of guy. Savvy in survival skills, he is willing to do what is needed to keep himself and his fellow comrades alive. Though in some rare situations this level-headedness can be lost. Due to personal childhood experiences, Roy has a particular disliking to Xenians, like headcrabs, bullsquids, and other creatures that often showed up during the portal storms. Less of a fear, and more of a loathing. He sometimes will discreetly chastise a Vortigaunt if given the chance.

Accepted for interview. Please contact a member of Field Command. I was wary about this one but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt to prove yourself in the roleplay.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    #212 Lemonfizzle, Sep 13, 2017
  13. Vegas

Vegas Member

United Kingdom
    Character Name: James Rose
    CID: 95171
    SteamID: STEAM_0:0:19068400
    Timezone: GMT+1, BST+0, EST + 5, PST + 8.

Character biography:

I've done a bit more because I think it ties a bit better into other questions.
    Born the son of an English Commissioned Officer James had a private life of splendour and privilege; from grammar to public schools, and through public schools to Oxbridge universities. This doesn’t necessarily dictate he was a smart man by any chance; wherever he had failed in with his work or teaching he found the money to make up the marks. Though throughout his childhood and militaristic upbringing there had been nothing inherently militant about the man. He had learned to walk, talk and act as though he belonged, though refused to follow the set path. Others would have considered him a Rupert; a Toff, a Batemen or Yuppie. What he lacked in educational skills he made up for in sociability; and more importantly, wealth, though he was never afraid of the consequences of his own actions and seemed to delve into sociopathic tendencies. His travels prior to the war took him into the heart of Deutschland where he studied law and learned to consume the local culture, until those fateful seven hours of Armageddon and the new world that awaited.

Using his wealth to hide and move from the cities, he had distanced himself and tried to hide away; he was sensible enough not to not resist the incoming invasion. And whilst he watched men get hunted in the streets his grip on reality had soon faded; existential depression and wonder crippling his once molded mind. There was no place for him the new world; what he had been was all forfeit for what he was. Cast to the streets and forced to rub shoulders with simpletons; a drastic shift in reality made his mind distance itself from the shock. His life of grandeur had turned into citizen housing, apartment blocks, and most dreadfully, tireless and meaningless labour. The new world had re-moulded him; why at the core he was still made from the same Iron he was forged of there was no way to survive the new world without taking a few blows, perhaps some literally. The systematic abuse and treatment had left him dug into a pit so grand that the only opportunity laid within the respectable, but tiring efforts of labour provided by the Civil Authority. Or the less respected- and what he had assumed to be- easy life of the Civil Protection authorities. The choice for him, was easy.

It is not a military character. He has no military knowledge, he has just been brought up in a disciplined fashion. If his position conflicts with any canon related aspects, feel free to straight up say no. I won't complain.

Current character(s):

Mikhail Vyachaslav
    Krieger Ekkehardt
    James Rose

Why do you want to serve in the CCA?

I’ve experienced a bit of Loyalist RP. I’ve done tonnes of Citizen RP, but most importantly I haven’t much touched on Civil Protection as it’s been a little “Once bitten, twice shy.” As until the last couple of years I’ve had seemingly bad experiences with it. But now, with all the changes it’s become a more human faction, not one run seemingly by robots, which in itself gives a proper chance for character development beyond “ends up as a rebel” or “ends up as borderline Hitler”. And hopefully, if I were to get a part in the CCA I would be able to not only make new companionship's and the sort, but perhaps change the perspective and view of other citizens in an impactful and meaningful way, other than turning them just Pro or Anti-CCA. If I can make a meaningful impact on someone’s character, then that’s all I could hope for. I do not believe in preserving characters or playing them as Marty Stu, and hopefully, with the chance to, will provide a meaningful antagonist to someone else's story and a protagonist in another's.

Do you have any prior experience with Combine roleplay?

Only a long time ago as a member of the CCA/MPF. Talking about what must have been 2011/2012. But plenty of experience working alongside them as a member of the Ministry of Development and as a subject to their torture and rule as a Citizen.

Describe your character's personality and what makes them human. How will they affect characters around them? How will they react to the situations they are put into?

James is eccentric. He feels as though he no longer lives in reality; whatever world and life he had before no longer exists, and with it his world has collapsed; his negative traits have begun to cling on to him and change how he views the world. He clamours for the lifestyle he once had, but feels so lost in a world devoid of typically human chaos that he clutches at straws. Whilst by no means a bad person, he revels in greed and ultimately selfish nature, and hopefully the characters around him help to bring him through the clutches of his own vile insanity; his exploitative and erratic behaviour and previous violent tendencies leave him a little unpredictable, and other characters should consider him, not because he is mean, angry or particularly frightening, but because he has a disconnect from normative tendencies. Perhaps in the long run his traits develop, spiralling out of control and becoming manipulative, disorganised and focused; with greed poisoning his soul it would be an unclear future. Hopefully, given time and chance, it will put not only his character, loyalism and devotion to the test, but also the devotion of others.

Accepted for interview. Please contact a member of Field Command. I like the idea of James being raised in such a fashion and I respect that you aren't giving him any sort of benefits from it such as military understanding. It's a good stepping stone for the character as he starts out within the Union. All his teachings should help him survive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #213 Vegas, Sep 13, 2017
  14. banditofdoom

banditofdoom New Blood

United States
    Character Name:Vladimir Kentrufsky
    CID:65715
    SteamID:STEAM_0:1:22058736
    Timezone:Pacific Standard Time (UTC-08:00)
    Character biography:
    Vladimir was a loyalist in the early days of the Civil Protection and the UU. He didn't do much in the ways of rebelling, believing humanity had already lost. He simply observed the way Civil Protection was, wanting one day to join them. What better way to join then to first study what you were getting in to. As an engineer by trade, Vladimir had critical thinking skills and as such, knew how to serve the Union without getting too much in the way. He looked past the way Civil Protection treated citizens, sometimes being treated like shit himself. He knew that these were people who had also lost hope in humanity, whether it be to have better living conditions, better food, or simply a place to belong again. Vladimir also was looking for these things, and what better way to do so then in Civil Protection? So he made his application and sent it in to be judged.
    Current character(s):Vladimir Kentrufsky, Leonardo Pascuzzi

Why do you want to serve in the CCA?: I wish to join the CCA for the better living conditions, treatment, and payment that CCA members receive.

Do you have any prior experience with Combine roleplay?:I have had about 4 years of experience with combine roleplay. I have even had some experience in previous versions of TnB back in the day as a Low-Ranking CCA member. My main experiences are typically in GRID and sometimes HELIX (Grid being Mechanical stuff and Helix being medical stuff) in other HL2RPs to which I am best suited for fixing and repairing and sometimes even making things for the Universal Union

Civil Protection is a position that brings with it both advantages and disadvantages, and they are typically not well received by the citizens they oversee. What motivated or motivates your character to enlist? What experiences have led to this decision.

My character is motivated by the feeling to belong somewhere, as well as live a general all around better life and be treated with some form of respect, even if it is out of fear from the citizens. He has seen the way humanity was decimated in the 7 hour war and wishes to be part of the great force that is the Universal Union so hopefully he can be spared.

Accepted for interview. Please contact a member of Field Command. I was considering denying this because of how you harassed HC and kept telling us you should have a unit without an application but I'm willing to let it fly. Prove that you're actually worth something for the CCA and there'll be no problems.

• Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1
    #214 banditofdoom, Sep 14, 2017
  15. CyrusWolfie

CyrusWolfie New Blood

United States
    Character Name: Clementine Meyers
    CID: 86242
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:28482973
    Timezone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-08:00)
    Character biography:
    Clementine worked hard to get to where she was now. A girl of a family of four, she worked as an engineer in her father's shop, fixing up cars, boats, TV's, and other such electronics for some heavy payment. As the CCA invaded, she worked towards trying to help the civilians in their time of need. However, the Union would close on her fast, and unfortunately Clem had to give up some people while she ran cause she didn't want them to hurt her brothers or sister. Living in the French cities was hard on the poor girl though, as most of the officers were abusive and wouldn't care or even look her way. That is why she moved to City 17 in hopes of gaining favor with the CCA there and eventually becoming what she dreamed: Something to help the civilians while proving her worth towards the Union, hoping to change the world for the better.
    Current Characters: Clem Meyers, Walter Claude Isaacs [AKA Walts]

I wish to join the CCA so I can prove my worth towards the city and eventually the entire Union. I also want to show that I can be one of the best engineers they have, and I'm ready to prove it.

Have you ever had experience with Combine roleplay?: I've had up to 2 years experience with Combine roleplay on multiple servers, where I worked a lot with the community and not just the CCA.

Clementine has a basic personality, but she's very defensive. She's pensive, and usually takes a few minutes to warm up to you. If she seems at all spaced out, it's possible that she just thinking of past events, or of her family back home. If you get on her bad side she will harm you, but stay on her good side and she'll work towards making you a trusted friend. In any given situation, she will try to work out a solution before leading it to violence, although she is afraid and will follow commands to a T even if it means the death of her neighbor.

Accepted for interview. Please contact a member of Field Command. While you're quite new I do like the basis of Clementine and I'm willing to give you a shot as we're being more relaxed in our screening process. I hope I'm not making a mistake. I enjoy the idea of somebody hiding within the CCA and obeying the orders even if she doesn't agree with them.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    #215 CyrusWolfie, Sep 15, 2017
  16. Anony

Anony Spin Doctor
    HL2 Community Leader

Applications have been processed. Please review the notes and seek out Field Command for interviews.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Zing Zing x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Bennet Dyson

Non-Roleplay Department Administrator

Ireland
    Applications are now open. Please follow the below (indefinitely relaxed) format.

While you shouldn't focus too heavily on your character's childhood, some general things worth remembering:
    • The rough timeline: the Resonance Cascade around 1998, the Portal Storms starting in 2004, the move to military fortified urban centers in 2006, the 7 Hour War in 2010, and then our current setting in 2022. Take into consideration the likely drastic change in technological, governmental, and cultural development once the Resonance Cascade occurred.
    • You cannot be an ex-military character without administrator authorization. All standard authorization requirements apply, with the minimum age being approximately 21.
    • Civil Protection and Overwatch would not have been present during the 7 Hour War, with the Combine invasion probably having been synthetics exclusively. Establishment of all Civil Authority branches would not have been an immediate process.
    • If your character was between the ages of 8 and 18 at the end of the war, they would have been inducted into the Graduate institutions and indoctrinated with propaganda and teachings to side with the Combine. They would graduate sometime between 18 and 25, depending on age of induction and other variables, such as obedience, merit, and devotion to the transhumanist ideal.
    • Understand that applying for Civil Protection would put a spotlight on your character and their past record, with the vetting process serving to eliminate any potential applicants with a lengthy list of violations and crimes, ergo it would be wise to avoid applying on any sort of anti-citizen or malignant. If you've been missing ration distributions, work cycles, or been outside the city for extended periods, it would be noticed. We trust the applicant and give them the benefit of the doubt to only apply understanding their character's circumstances, reporting otherwise if their character's situation would raise flags. If you have certain intentions to act as a mole, we ask that you post a thread in Feedback to get proper authorization and permission.
    • This list is just a general reminder on certain elements, and simply reading it off and throwing in these facts without actually considering its purpose and effects is a way to get denied. We want to see more than simply a statement of random facts, preferably that you've given thought to your character and who they are.
    • If you have extenuating circumstances or reason that prevent you from posting your application in public, post the application in the Feedback forum.
    • For reference: CCA Standard Operating Procedures, and Making a barebones character.

Character Name:
    CID:
    SteamID:
    Timezone:
    Character biography:
    Try not to focus too much on your character's childhood, talk about the events that have led them to join the CCA.
    Current character(s):
    Character reminder:
    Citizens are typically not native to the local region, and have experienced their current living style for approximately twelve years. Be mindful of your character's age, how it would affect their mentality, their lives prior and after the arrival of the Combine, and other factors that play greatly into their history. A character who has most of their adult memories post-war or established from a Graduate Institute would perhaps know very little about the pre-war culture, whereas someone who entered the current society as an adult would have more reason to be cautious and aware of the Combine's nature.

3. Civil Protection is a position that brings with it both advantages and disadvantages, and they are typically not well received by the citizens they oversee. What motivated or motivates your character to enlist? What experiences have led to this decision?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Massah DoomGuy

United States
    Character Name: Chelsea Dixon

CID: 13642

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:35800711

Timezone: UTC-4

Current character(s): Chelsea Dixon

Character biography:

Chelsea was born in 1987 to two people who are now nothing but a fuzzy memory with a sister named Claire who was just recently reappeared. Her life was rather uneventful up until 2010 when the Seven Hour War started- she was a senior in college in one of the major protective cities when the Combine showed up, and her city was designated City 19- it took the Combine only a matter of weeks to turn her beloved home into a prison, and she was transported off instead to City 13. The Combine had no reason to keep her in the city- she wasn’t malignant, rather, moreso afraid of what was to come.

During her stay at City 13, she managed to pick up a minor job as a bar attendant. Selling Union approved beverages and cigarettes, she quickly picked up a nack for paying attention to multiple things at one time, her eyes never focusing too long on one thing, never really causing trouble and most of the time the woman had a smile on her face, trying to ease her patrons into thinking that everything was normal- and crying herself to sleep at night. There was a day when Civil Protection raided her bar and overturned every table, looking for something and arresting quite a few people, including Chelsea. She was released later on in the day and sent back to her subsidized housing, told that the sale of alcohol was ‘temporarily banned’ in her city.

She’d been slightly perturbed, but the incident only solidified her position as a supporter of the CCA- and hearing that transfers to a new city district were now open, she elected to transfer to City 17, ending up being located at first in the C block of Union subsidized housing. After a raid on that block to find a rogue Unit, (Cerberus), she again saw the efficiency of the CCA at work- and became extremely interested in joining their ranks. After talking with a few units (700, 872, 137, - even 666’s demeanor did not dissuade her) her love for the Combine only grew- which in all other times should not have happened, but she has since been registered by INSEC as a loyalist. Finding CCA citizen recruitment open, she tries her hand….

For the roleplay, first and foremost. There have been many a day where as a citizen I’d been confined to my apartment, only to have it explored and searched by the standard rank and file units, and now that I’ve gotten to where I can proudly say that I’m on the server nearly every day, I’d like to be able to further someone’s story- or my own, even, in the roleplay that goes on stemming from the Combine Civil Authority.

[IC reasoning]
    Chelsea, on the other hand, wants to join the CCA to work more closely with those she considers friends. She remains blind to the beatings due to the fact that for one- she's accepted it as the norm, and two- she hasn't been subjected to it yet. Of course she's had her fair share of IC beatings before, in her backstory, but those were because she -knew- she was wrong- she was a troublemaker in City 13, but not enough to be considered a malignant. The CCA beat that out of her- made her a loyalist where others would turn to further acts of outward violence. There's no reason to her to fight the authority- she respects them because to her they're more human to her- reminding her of the strict curfews of the military during the times when the cities were nothing but walled off hubs of activity due to Xen being a new arrival to the planet.

A little bit, but nothing too major. I was an MPF unit on a smaller NS HL2RP server (which if I’d remembered the name of it, I’d like not to say because honestly being associated with a server that had the mainstream HL2 characters as players seems highly toxic.) That would be my only experience roleplaying as a CP unit, and I have none other experience except for the standard rebel vs. and civilian and CP roleplay.

3. Civil Protection is a position that brings with it both advantages and disadvantages, and they are typically not well received by the citizens they oversee. What motivated or motivates your character to enlist? What experiences have led to this decision?

What motivates Chelsea to enlist is the fact that while others seem to stray towards the rebellion and Uprising, wounding those that would protect her, she has decided that after seeing the units that she essentially loves and respects being cast aside or injured by the rebellion would be perhaps better off in their ranks than alongside them as a loyalist- which she will remain as after joining, because she’s made it very apparent that she loves her work and would like nothing more than to just pile something else glorifying her city atop her work at the Civic Centre- however she would understand if one was to tell her she couldn’t and needed to focus on protecting others first before advancing her own agenda. She finds that there would be no greater honor than serving the Universal Union by joining the CCA.

Accepted for interview. Chelsea has a somewhat developed backstory, but her reasoning for joining the CCA feels like it's very cookie cutter. I would have appreciated you expanding more on why her bar being raided and shut down contributed to her supporting the CCA instead of just stating it. You also have a habit of writing run on sentences throughout your application, but essays aren't always perfect indicators of roleplay quality. If you keep what I've said in mind, I'm comfortable letting FC judge your ability in person.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #218 Massah DoomGuy, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017 at 1:01 AM
  19. Duaine The Rock

Duaine The Rock schween suckler

United States
    Character Name: Trinity Berenike
    CID: 32414
    SteamID: STEAM_0:0:41915278
    Timezone: Central Standard
    Character biography:

Living rural hill country of Texas where land was cheap, beautiful, and vast Trinity was blessed with tranquility. Trees in colorful shades as the heat bore down on them, plateaus carved and singed to the hue of brown flesh, it was beautiful. It was all so delicate making it easy to be dissected limb by limb, and so fast as she was hardly 7. The portal storms put a quick end to her playful weekends she spent exploring nature with her many older brothers. Her family thinned like the fat around her ribs. Life in the fortified cities was difficult, she was chained down in the urban sprawl. On top of all else, she faced a lack of purpose and the constant death of family members due to illness spread around survivor's camps. The Union's arrival was almost a blessing. She hadn't been to school in years or have some sort of goal to cling to in life. As someone so young it wasn't difficult for her to make excuses, cognitive dissonance set in fast. Eventually, she truly believed in some sense the world was safer now. At the very least there were no wars, she had no more brothers to lose. Even though her stomach occasionally rumbled, it could always be worse. Her identity as a graduate molded her personality, much like how a class clown is expected to goof off. While she could only babble the party talking points in loyalist meetings, that was all she needed. She was to conform, blend, make no stir or squabble. The next logical step for her was to enlist, besides after all that was the propaganda crammed down her throat made everyone she knew enlist.

The CCA conflicts with common rational human morality. They're violent thugs who bash a skull in simply because they're ordered, and that excites me. Not in the sense that it's fun to type long emotes about gore, but more so on a psychological level. It's fun seeing your character twist and deny reality.

I've been every socio rank, field command rank, and even an intel unit.
    Some of it's good some of its bad, but I have a feeling this one is going to be on the better side ;)

Describe your character's personality and what makes them human. How will they affect characters around them? How will they react to the situations they are put into?

Think of Alexander Graham Bell the guy who invented the light bulb, wrong he actually stole the idea. The poor schmuck who came up with the telephone first paints my character perfectly. Someone whose every need was fulfilled, not in the sense they were pampered. More like they were satisfied with life, they could achieve a bright future sadly their future was stolen. Now they're cold like the drafty shit hole of an apartment they sleep in. Having your formative years stolen from you is one of many unwritten rules to make horrifically unbalanced people. I find people will enjoy seeing my character grow and bud into new shells and personalities as time goes on.

Accepted. There could have been more added to the application, but you've painted a good picture of your character. You have plenty of past experience, so I don't see why you'd need to do the interview. You're welcome to if you want, but otherwise just ask for flags and let FC know to roster you. I look forward to seeing how you do in the CCA this time around.

• Agree x 4
    • Friendly x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    #219 Duaine The Rock, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017 at 1:02 AM
  20. Newticus

Newticus New Blood
    Contributor

United States
    Character Name: Tyler Watts Jackson

CID:

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:39856334

Timezone:
    Eastern Standard Time.

Character biography:

If you've been to any small town in the midwest, then you already know what Tyler's hometown looks like. It's the kind of town where everyone knows everyone and law enforcement can sometimes get a swelled head. Tyler's father was a police officer and damn proud of it. Tyler? Well, he couldn't give a shit. His dad would come home spouting some nonsense about how he feels so dignified and respected because of his position, and then shuffle off to work to assert his authority. Tyler would focus on his schooling and nothing more. He had only just started, after all, and would need to perform high to live up to his dream of becoming an astronaut! Or a uh... a scientist! No? Well, at least Tyler had some time to learn and decide, right? Wrong. He had barely been in school for two years before the world decided to flip itself on its ass. He was quickly re-introduced to the academy following the fall of man, and devoted himself to his studies once again. The world had changed around him, but his indecision didn't. Once he graduated, the deadline came for the question everyone had been asking him all his life. What're you going to do now? This time, though, he had an answer. He decided to pursue a position in the CCA, but not because his heart told him it would be fulfilling, but because his old man did the same thing back home. If his dad liked it, he should too. It's genetics, right?

Current character(s):

Aileanna Kerr
    Dr. Kaitlyn Dewitt
    COTA.APEX-OWR.84101

It's something I've never experienced before, and I'd like to try it out before this edition of HL2:RP comes to a close. I've been waiting for the applications to open, as I've not felt confident enough in my abilities to submit an application at any prior date. I figured that now's as good a time as any.

Nothing substantial. I played on a server right when clockwork came out that revolved around rolling for every interaction and s2k for every firefight.
    I'm aware that's not how it works normally, please don't judge me. It was the early 2010's. Gmod was is a lawless wasteland.

Civil Protection is a position that brings with it both advantages and disadvantages, and they are typically not well received by the citizens they oversee. What motivated or motivates your character to enlist? What experiences have led to this decision?

Ever since the beginning, Tyler just assumed that this was how it went. The officers enforce the law, and in doing so risk themselves. This risk grants them the privilege of power, and power is not real unless you choose to assert it. He see's the complaints of those not in power as the complaints of those who are simply too weak or too lazy to claim it for themselves. His motivation to enlist started as a harmless continuation of the ever-progressing story of his life, but deep down possesses a desire for power above all else. These years of being a citizen among the populace, of being beaten and battered by his betters, has instilled in him a deep desire to make himself untouchable. What greater place to siphon power from than the oppressive galactic empire that so conveniently landed on his doorstep?

Accepted for interview. Tyler's reasoning for joining the CCA is interesting, and I think it has the potential to be a fun character to roleplay with. We'll see what FC thinks during the interview process.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #220 Newticus, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017 at 1:02 AM
  21. Redford

Redford Senior Member

ROUND TWO

Character Name: Isabelle MacNamara

CID: 00330

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:14815266

Character biography:

Izzy has always had trouble accepting authority. Even during the hayday of Combine-established rule, or even her days as a Graduate, she's always been the type to push buttons until a sizeable fist found its way into her face or a boot into her stomach. Instigator supreme. For a while, she's not held them in high regards. As long as she stood on her two feet and someone gave her an attitude, she was ready to throw it right back with some additional insults in her mess of an accent to stoke the fire. She's blamed the death of her beloved, only known for three years, on the authority, despite never witnessing any of them pull the trigger. Obsessed over it. Even with her transfer to Seventeen, she's given the authority trouble by making the first move. Anything to make others know she's still tough, despite the heavy blow to her spirit. Workplace violations, taking breaks when she wanted. Izzy thought she was bad bitch #1. It wasn't until her unfortunate drunken black out that she found herself in a deeper hole than expected. Beaten, battered, and thrown around by some rather scary-looking individuals, she was pushed into a corner without much of an opening. An ultimatum was given to her: She could either take this life and keep plodding through it, continue with getting nasty looks from neighbors, and even random stops by authority just to give her a hard time for the rest of her stay, or find a marginally better life within the ranks. Above the rabble that scrape to make due, better than those who would rather fight each other for the smallest of material goods.

A small chat with certain elements made her re-think her current lifestyle, challenging her to make a choice: Be haunted by a death that will never change and be consumed or move on and look out for yourself. With zero of her allies from Twelve anywhere near her and a lack of support from any sides, she's actually considering putting her foot into that proverbial bear trap. After all they did for her, without pulling a trigger, she can't help but feel she owes them...or is being suckered into this.

Current character(s):
    Isabelle MacNamara

Why do you want to serve in the CCA?: Well, I could repeat myself from the last attempt I made. I'll stick to it. There are IC obligations, of course. I still miss it. I'm actually trying again on a less annoying character to do anything on, too! It was the beginning of my wild ride, and I kinda wanna hope to hop on the ride again. At least a little longer.

Do you have any prior experience with Combine roleplay?: Just gonna condense this here. Socio, from unit to command, Ghost, from unit to command. Short stint in Vice and Javelin, traded it for Ghost (sorry javs), Sigma, brief. Airwatch (was Anubis' co-pilot a few times) for a bit.

PICK ONE QUESTION TO ANSWER : (I picked two, fite me)
    2. Describe your character's personality and what makes them human. How will they affect characters around them? How will they react to the situations they are put into? Izzy is a hot head who thinks first with action. The idea of power while getting benefit out of it appeals to her a little more than trying to pull the same shady stuff that got her friends killed rapidly. She's the type to laugh at her superiors caught doing something dumb or failing at something she does easily while also suffering for it greatly. Not exactly the brightest in a social context. Some will be put off by her brazen attitude while others will probably egg her on in a fight or even applaud her for her willingness to say whats on her mind (when its not cursing and shouting). She also has her down periods, though she crashes hard.

4. Have you had any prior experience with Civil Protection at TnB or elsewhere? How would you summarize that experience? How could you improve yourself? I listed all the above, so I shan't repeat myself further. I found it to be a pleasant bag of mixed nuts. Sometimes you gotta eat the goddamn almonds that are everywhere to get to the cashews. In this case, sometimes you gotta patrol a few thousand times before you get an idea to create a bit of adventure. Though I suppose the best way to improve myself is try not to push my old ways into the new char. New face, new attitude. Gotta understand the new rules and structure before I try anything crazy.

Accepted for interview. A character with this kind of history isn't someone I'd expect to be trying to get into the CCA, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I expect she'll face plenty of challenges due to her personality.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #221 Redford, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017 at 1:04 AM
  22. Drewerth

Drewerth nothing stops MY roleplay

United States
    Character Name: Oliver Simon Rhodes
    CID: 75084
    SteamID: STEAM_0:0:55407526
    Character biography:
    Oliver was born on March 8, 1996 into a middle class family from Gateshead, a town North East region of England. He had a father, a mother, and a sister and together they lived like every other good family of the time. His life was considerably normal as a very young child, much of his time was spent playing with toddler toys and basic books while his mother tended to the early education of the "A,B,C"s and "1,2,3"s. Though, at the still-young age of 8, his time in grade school was cut short with the advent of the Portal Storms. At first it was small things, a school closing here or an otherwise dangerous incident there, but it quickly became worse as alien life began to spread throughout the region. By the time the moves to urban camps were ordered Oliver's sister had been recruited into an express medical training program to aid wounded soldiers and his father was pushed into military service as the demand for soldiers was increasing. This left Oliver and his mother alone to fend for themselves in a place where the fears of death, disease, starvation, and a whole slew of other terrible things were all possible. For the next several years life would be difficult for the boy, his mother did all she could to keep him well and continue his education but by this point Oliver had changed. No longer was he interested in social activities or making friends with other boys at the camp, a doctor put the absence of Oliver's sister and father to blame. His father returned in 2010, dismissed from service due to severe injuries suffered at the claws of otherwordly beings. He was happier than ever to be reunited with his father as he began to open up and be more social about things. For a month things seemed fantastic and Oliver's outlook was positive, one fateful morning later the father sent Oliver and his mother out to retrieve their weekly ration allowances. This was the last time either them would see the father again.

The seven hour way hit the two like a bang, physically and mentally. Oliver's camp was unluckily constructed near what became one of the Combine's landing sites. They began to devastate buildings and people left and right, including the apartment in which Oliver's father was waiting in. Citizens all around were evacuated away from the Combine and pushed into the abandoned streets of the city. Oliver and his mother found shelter in the basement of a laundromat with a group of survivors. Living in such a place wasn't easy, older boys and men went searching for food and supplies on the daily while the mothers and children stayed inside. Occasionally the search party came back with less people than they had started with, it wasn't a pretty sight for Oliver. This is how they'd live for what seemed to be weeks or even months, it didn't make a difference to Oliver, until the Union formed early administrations and the group was discovered by early loyalty and "police" groups. This is where the story of Oliver's mother ends, as the discovery of the group meant that the young were separated from the others and sent to the Graduate Institution program.

As a graduate Oliver was okay. He was certainly not the best and brightest student but he did what had to be done in order to survive. He was thankful enough to have his basic education expanded enough for him to be considered a "literate" human, as well as gain a basic understanding in both simple mathematics and the "glorious history" as to why the Union decided to elevate Earth from it's lowly state (and why previous history is corrupted). Despite this the authority involved in the transition nearly pushed Oliver off the edge. At first he was not very compliant with the instructors and loyalty groups, he only felt anger and dissonance with the actions and requests of the two. To solve this, he was quickly taught to reasons as to why he should comply with his superiors and the "consequences" should he neglect this duty. Following his graduation from the institute in 2018 with nothing more than "passing" grades he was assigned to work a factory position in an industrial city far from his home region. He'd be there for years witnessing all sorts of events, from criminal activity to public re-educations. It wasn't until he saw a lowly 03 protect an injured supervisor, whom Oliver still considered a normal citizen, from two "wannabe rebels" inside his factory. Several months later, in February 2022 Oliver's factory was destroyed in a terrorist firebombing, leaving many displaced workers without assignments. Each one was sent to a different nearby city, it just so happens that Oliver was sent to 17 to work another labor intensive job in a rail yard. It is there that he'd remain to this day, working the same daily routine with few friends to think of due to strict workplace socialization regulations. His apartment is placed in one of the slummier sites of the precinct and everyday he has to get a head start on the rations line lest they run short by a few parcels. Nowadays Oliver tends to avoid negative interactions with the police in 17, by comparison he finds them far more strict than the ones he knew before. That leads us to where we are now in the timeline.
    Sorry that it turned out kind of long, I didn't intend to do that.

Current character(s):

1. David Alexander Dunholm (68428), though technically not active.
    2. Oliver Simon Rhodes

OOC:
    I find that I enjoy my roleplay more from the Civil Protection perspective of things. Not so much the idea of having an in-character sense of "political power" but the ways in which I'm able to interact with others who either are or are not units. My better characters all have been related to the CCA in some way or form and they last longer in terms of my interest of using them. Just recently I've decided to retire my long running character 68428 from the pool to start a new guy who has a storyline much more "in-line" with why most choose to join the CCA IC. I will likely answer more on that topic in "essay" question 3.

Plenty of it, I've been part of Socio, Socio FC, Elite Unit (i know it was sword don't remind me), and COTA.

Oliver's whole life under Combine rule has been nothing more than taking orders and being pushed around by people with stunsticks or with badges. While he is not necessarily discontent with the status quo, as his job is not the worst and he has never felt pressured to join some form of resistance, he's simply just "tired" of things. He knows his place in society is at the bottom and that his life is nothing more than a simple routine of "wake up, get dressed, work, ration, sleep", it's kind of like he has his own feeling of "I can do better than this, I'm meant for something greater". Everyday in his building he walks by a poster in the lobby promoting enlistment into the Civil Protection, and every time he reads the same line about "protecting others" he can't help but picture the time he witnessed an 03 protect a supervisor as mentioned in his biography. In his mind, knowing full well not all officers are good, any good officer can make a positive difference in someone's life, and he's just now got the balls to go ahead and do it. Who knows? He might even think that he'll get some benefits out of it, like better food (as the rumor goes) and a larger apartment.

I've had plenty of experience in the CCA with TnB. My first character created way back in 2014 was a unit, and that was out of pure curiosity to play what I then perceived at the time as the "bad side" (I was new to RP). I quickly became attached to the idea and when I became more experienced in RP I reapplied with a new character, 68428, who I'd play up until early 2017 when I really started to come to the idea that I've done too much on 1 character. My experience with him turned bland as many in-server situations became run of the mill for 68428. Don't get me wrong it was great while it lasted but I personally don't believe I can do much else with him so I retired the character prior to making this new one. To improve myself, well, I can certainly say I'm not the best at RP by any means and still struggle to keep up with quick conversations and in-game events. Of course anyone who worked with me knows I had a few misplaced influences and conflicts with others that (hopefully) I can start to mend and leave behind as they were.

Accepted. Welcome back, it's nice to see another experienced face around. No need to go through an interview, but you can if you want to. Otherwise ask for flags and FC to roster you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    #222 Drewerth, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017 at 1:04 AM
  23. muffinbowl

muffinbowl Senior Member

United States
    Character Name: John Jones

CID: 15342

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:58820875

Timezone:
    GMT -5

Character biography:

John is a level headed and collected individual who, until the turn of the century, lived the average life of a 9 to 5 subsidized accountant. Born in 1978 into an American impoverish family of 5 he was subject to hardships that would test his mental and emotional endurance as he had rounded the age of 16 he began putting back money from multiple jobs until he had set back enough to go to college. He left for college and was able to pay his tuition but his money troubles had only begun and soon he found himself living paycheck to paycheck and ultimately had to amass a large student loan. Years of toiling through college he graduated with a bachelors degree and was hired straight away, to work in the position he had spent his time in college for, it didn't last long.

Though he enjoyed his work, completed assignments on time, was never late and even went so far as to work late with no payed overtime when nobody else would, he still found himself laid off. Times even then were unfair and John was no substitute to the times, his day went from bad to worse when the United States military started issuing an city wide evacuation due to an alien attack, his day ended on a high note however, he got to see the very building he left in the morning in tears collapse on the horizon, the evacuation led to the outskirts of New York city, five years after that it would be the site of City 01.

Several relocation's later John finds himself in the industrial district of City 17 where he was amazed at the new technological advancements on display, all the comics he read at a young age had come true in his eyes and it enthralled him with excitement to work with this new age technology. After attaining a level of minor trust he eventually is employed into the packaging of beans and re-purposing of cans. Several years go by of hard work and dedication, an employment that John can enjoy while other people toil away on the sidelines, something John tends to avoid, is when an on site accident occurs resulting in giving him a concussion and a transferal to district 24. It is here that John has come full face with what happens on the sidelines, the underbrush of the city comes into full view as John is able to see why Civil protection are needed, he is held at gunpoint in an alleyway for his food, shot at while attempting to advertise in D2 and to stack the bar higher is able to see a shred of corruption within the CCA as two individuals receive a bribe and allow the search-e to flee without the reeducation he's familiar with. John's life has been endangered too many times thanks to the efforts of these people who would hurt, injure and endanger several innocent people including himself and has reached his wits end.

Current characters:
    John Jones
    Liang Xue

IC: John wishes to see himself as an example within the ranks and to uphold the duties that have been lacking, that and the benefits of working with them has been greatly exaggerated thanks to propaganda and other units coercing him into the option of joining.
    OOC: Truth be told I'm interested in how RP in the CCA has changed since 2015 and want to see how much Johns positive outlook can change through his service, whether it be himself or the individuals around him. That and I'm terrible at backstories and am more focused with roleplay, (Thanks writers block) I'd like to use John as a guinea pig, to test a neutral party member when placed into the ranks of the CCA given if I'm accepted.

I've once had a Cp that was able to reach 03 of JURY in 2015, nothing too crazy. I have had experience with passive, training and deployment roleplay to list a few related experiences in my short time in JURY

John is generally and by all matters in relation to the word, a workaholic. Given with the perks it has, he is also less likely to panic when placed in stressful circumstances and works well under pressure as opposed to a loss of composure like others would. That being said he is less tolerant to long term psychological effects such as shell shock, seeing as how he's never dealt with something such as this means he would be able to deal with it short hand but afterwords has another story on its own and may lead to him seeking means of coping. Johns examples may effect the party involved with him, whether they take a load off of their shoulders or anger them by making an example too hard to follow, either way he will have some impact emotionally towards his compatriots. That being said he's still human and given his tendencies to only speak when spoken to he makes for an apt shoulder to cry on or given the circumstances the work he will be getting into may break him and he himself may seek others shoulders to cry on, he'll be as durable as he can be before he himself cracks, or he won't at all, it all depends on what he experiences. He may make a bad impression and be labeled as someone who doesn't listen at all due to him saying the wrong words at the wrong time, he doesn't always have the right words to say and fumbles with his words often, he's not perfect.

Accepted for interview. You had a few run on sentences, so be sure to watch out for that when you're roleplaying. John Jones seems to be bare bones and a template character from what I've read, but maybe FC will see something good when roleplaying the interview.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #223 muffinbowl, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017 at 1:24 AM
  24. 『 The Minuteman 』

『 The Minuteman 』 Senior Member

United States
    Character Name: Jacob Ferguson
    CID: #49056
    SteamID:
    Timezone:
    Eastern
    Character biography: Jacob was young when the Combine took over, and a lot of his Pre-Combine years were marked by living with a struggling family. He saw quite a bit that made him resent Pre-Combine life and believed the Combine to actually be a way out. He became Loyal even when his Parents disappeared one day. He wishes to join the CCA for these same reasons: To move up, believing following the Combine's rules and systems and even Enforcing them is the way to do so.

Current character(s):
    • Nicolaus Glockner
    • Jacob Ferguson
    • Mark Harrison(Rarely Used)
    Why do you want to serve in the CCA?: I personally am in it for the Roleplay. I think starting off with a Loyalist character then joining the CCA and realizing what he's supporting firsthand would be awesome character Development. Not to mention I've heard a great deal of people saying it makes for great Roleplay.
    Do you have any prior experience with Combine roleplay?: None Whatsoever.
    Describe your character's personality and what makes them human. How will they affect characters around them? How will they react to the situations they are put into? The Character in question has it built up in his head that "The Combine know what's best and what's right. The Rebels are evil terrorists that kill innocents." Basically, your typical Loyalist, one of those who takes the propaganda he's fed and eats it out of a damn tube. Then he makes what could either be a Mistake or an Awakening: He joins the CCA. He gets to experience the UU's "Justice" firsthand. Maybe he'll start lying to himself that its still the right thing. Maybe he'll go insane from whatever he witnesses. Who knows. But the Character Development will be grand.
    EDIT: Work in progress. Please wait for review until I manage to fix some stuff.

Denied. Randomly capitalized letters and other grammatical errors aside, you have what Jacob is in extremely simple terms with nothing explaining what led up to his current mindset. This application requires a lot more effort, and I suggest looking at others that have been accepted as inspiration for next time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    #224 『 The Minuteman 』, Oct 18, 2017 at 12:43 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017 at 1:24 AM
  25. Somedude

Somedude Automaton
    Contributor

Applications have been processed. Please review the notes and seek out Field Command for interviews.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.