CA + Loyalist Clothings Ideas

Llyods

May 17, 2019
Hey guys,

I think that Dave gave the OK for suits for Civil Administration and he likes the idea of loyalist clothings to make them look different than your regular factory plebians.

This thread is so before I donate for them, I want us to agree to what it should look like because it's going to be in your server seen by you guys. I don't want anything that'll break the atmosphere or immersion, I want these to add to it.

That being said...

For Civil Administration, its obviously got to be your usual suit & tie with a Combine symbol somewhere. But color, tweaks, and etc. do you guys prefer to see? Should female models use skirts or pants? I'm more partial to charcoal colored, female models using pants, and etc. how about you guys?

For Loyalists or someone that works something 'above' menial labor work, I always wanted them to have something that signifies they are above the rest. Regardless of circumstances, there are always human beings that is willing to sell out their fellowkin to get the privilege of being treated mildly better or have the feeling of superiority, like 'they are not like the rest'. We see this with Breen, for all his talks about unity, he himself wears a fancy suit with marble busts of him everywhere, living in luxury while the citizens suffer.

Dave and I was thinking of a tweaked version of:

It could be little too Sci-Fi-ish to some, but it can always be tweaked or suggested for something else, hence why this thread exists.

So, thoughts?

Waptnt

Legend
Dec 3, 2011
The female uniform has been used in pieces before by custom models thats all I know. Usually those characters were loyalist administrators so it would probably be fine.

Bennet Dyson

Non-Roleplay Department Administrator
May 22, 2011
Not sure what you're suggesting here, you can't donate to decide clothing for an official group and I can tell you I wouldn't have CA's using clothing like that from that addon. It might fit the theme later - but it doesn't now.

Llyods

May 17, 2019
Not sure what you're suggesting here, you can't donate to decide clothing for an official group and I can tell you I wouldn't have CA's using clothing like from that addon. It might fit the theme later - but it doesn't now.
Beets approved getting a suit for the CA & Dave okay'ed it as well, the CA itself is just getting the suit because I hate looking what should be the elites of a dystopian society wearing Combine pants + that white shirt.

The add-on is for just like the Loyalists, like the upper echelon of ass-kissers who want to look special, it's just an idea & concept that I want others to give their input on how Loyalist clothings should look like.

Wheatos

Legend
Sep 27, 2015
I want frumpy pan suits, shoulder pads, itchy turtlenecks, wool jackets, plaid patterns, pencil skirts, stockings, colorful vests -the whole 80s/90s business attire enchilada- scavenged from abandoned department stores and I want them now.

Sinclair

Zealot
Feb 15, 2015
these clothes look really militaristic, more befitting of officers and things most of the time than politicans. i think you could add male/female versions but DEFINITELY with those bars/medals removed from them.

i think CA's should dress more modern day white collar/politician. suits, ties, dress shirts, blazers, etc. especially since they're trying to portray a 'human' face of the combine, so they should dress like, yknow, humans. not empire officers.

Bennet Dyson

Non-Roleplay Department Administrator
May 22, 2011
Don't donate for clothing for official factions, that's something we cover ourselves. Not sure why Dave is okaying something when he knows he has the brown suit ready to go as we discussed. That's what they should and will be using.

Wheatos

Legend
Sep 27, 2015
Breen wears a fucking turtleneck and not only a tweed jacket but matching tweed pants like what?? tweed pants y'all

no thank you to General Tarkin suits

Llyods

May 17, 2019
Don't donate for clothing for official factions, that's something we cover ourselves. Not sure why Dave is okaying something when he knows he has the brown suit ready to go as we discussed. That's what they should and will be using.
oh.

NEVERMIND BOYS, PACK THIS SHIT UP

delete this thread please

unless we wanna discuss loyalist clothing still...

Miguh

Zealot
Aug 13, 2016
There's already an administrator clothing script in the server's addon pack if you haven't noticed.

We admins can't spawn it, so you can't use it, but I'm sure we'll be using it in the future.

Ghost

yuge guy
May 20, 2011
I mean, you could still spend your hard earned dollars on loyalist clothing, just don’t have it attached to a faction I guess.

That SciFi shit toned down wouldn’t be too bad.

CCA conscripts here we come

Llyods

May 17, 2019
I mean, you could still spend your hard earned dollars on loyalist clothing, just don’t have it attached to a faction I guess.

That SciFi shit toned down wouldn’t be too bad I guess.

CCA conscripts here we come
aight boys, this thread is now loyalist clothing thread, I didn't know the whole situation with the CA having actual suits in the works, wasn't notified of it.

SO WITH THAT BEING SAID

What should clothing geared toward Loyalist look like? We have facewraps, black jackets and pants that makes them look like hoodlums, and etc. What clothing for loyalists would you guys like? Something that makes them look snobby and helps them pretend they're a 'higher' class above than the other plebians even though they're in the same shitpit?

Owain6521

XCCR Ration Hoarder
May 30, 2011
please no sci-fi clothing. i feel like 'high-class' loyalists kind of misses the point of 'bending to the dehumanising force that strips all individuality and removes citizenship on a whim as a fearful sycophant' and leads to the kind of weird, godawful loyalist/ca culture we've ended up in the past where CA offices look like the palace of versailles, and workshift managers sit around drinking fine wine and discussing theatre etc.

honestly just variants on the blue jumpsuit seem ideal to me

Awskarr

New Blood
May 20, 2011
I don't think fancy/custom made uniforms should be a loyalist thing. If you take a look at authoritarian rule in North Korea or Nazi Germany, regular civilians who are loyal to the party wear things like pins or similar. If you aren't in Hitlers inner circle or the military/SS/police equivalent on you HL2RP character the you wouldn't go around sporting a custom made uniform. Keep in mind that in both Nazi Germany and North Korea there would be far more individual freedom than under our benevolent rulers in the half life universe.

Last edited:

247-0006-0001 'Jimbo'

May 28, 2017
It'd be cool to have a sort of brownshirt/blackshirt Esq loyalist uniform that indicates higher tiered involvement - those with high amounts of loyalist reputation that are loyalists should be given the option to express that through seeable armbands and such.
It'd be nice to have more loyalist varients of clothing on the server and uniforms for the Medical/CRU factions that fit the dynamic of what they are.
I do like the way Nebulous uses the conscript uniforms to signify the CWU-types, so, maybe something like that would be cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)