[BUG] Skynet 35-Watt Infinite Ammo

The Scamming Fox

Jun 30, 2016
After having bought a Skynet 35-Watt through a trader, I then went to get ammo, yet noticed it said the text for your ammo is full/can’t get ammo. I then realized the gun equips loaded, and after firing and reloding, it seems to have infinite ammo.

Quick Edit: I did rejoin the server, aswell, and tried it. Same result.

The Scamming Fox

Jun 30, 2016
Seems that the trader shouldn’t sell the Skynet 35-Watt then, and have that switched to the TC 35-Watt. I’ll ask an admin tomorrow for a switch to the TC Version.

The Scamming Fox

Jun 30, 2016
It's been a while but I recall reading something somewhere that TC was cool to use some of the lower-level skynet plasma per Dave or something like that?

Trying to remember where I saw this.
I assume ICly even some traders would be able to get Skynet’s occasional weapon- But if it’s broken with infinite ammo the point is moot, I guess.

Edit: Skynet’s 20 Watt and 30 Watt are pretty decently seen/used, I think you’re right.

sneezing slug

「robot nana」
Nov 30, 2015
I assume ICly even some traders would be able to get Skynet’s occasional weapon- But if it’s broken with infinite ammo the point is moot, I guess.

Edit: Skynet’s 20 Watt and 30 Watt are pretty decently seen/used, I think you’re right.
The big thing with SkyNET weaponry isn't so much of the infinite ammo (I don't think people care too much about that) but rather the fact that they're not really meant for human use- they generally pack a punch, are heavy as is, and might even emit some form of radiation. (Charlie folks who are more in-the-know with plasma can step in and correct me i needed)

Hence why TC converts them in the first place, so that they can be used by humans.

Charles.C

Apr 1, 2018
The big thing with SkyNET weaponry isn't so much of the infinite ammo (I don't think people care too much about that) but rather the fact that they're not really meant for human use- they generally pack a punch, are heavy as is, and might even emit some form of radiation. (Charlie folks who are more in-the-know with plasma can step in and correct me i needed)

Hence why TC converts them in the first place, so that they can be used by humans.
Normaly they would melt your hands bcs they emit a fucking ton of heat, atleast that's what've been said always

Desrat456

Sep 22, 2012
Tbh, the way I've always done it is this. Skynets weapons vent heat instead if just dumping it into a heatsink. If a human has a skynet weapon, I just kind of write it off as the weapon having a jury rigged heat sink system, because otherwise your hands would be steamed hams.

sneezing slug

「robot nana」
Nov 30, 2015
Tbh, the way I've always done it is this. Skynets weapons vent heat instead if just dumping it into a heatsink. If a human has a skynet weapon, I just kind of write it off as the weapon having a jury rigged heat sink system, because otherwise your hands would be steamed hams.
No superintendent, I said steamed hands

Davebrown

my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
Senior Executive Administrator
May 16, 2011
Humans have been allowed to use Skynets lower watt rifles for quite some time.

Basically anything below 60watt is ok.
Its due to the size of the weapon - the heat sink stuff ca be explained away as jury rigging modifications like desrat said

The 35watt is actually just broken, so ill fix it.

The difference being that Skynet drones have access to a different version of the weapon, with different stats etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)