Ban Request : Steve

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan5150

Mr. CHUB
Jun 6, 2007
Players Name: Steve
Steam ID: N/A
Reason for ban:Abuse of "administrative power", Abuse of TS Admin Power, Abuse of the Forums Community et al
Proof: Anyone who's been on the boards, or been abused my his inconsistent policies and/or anyone who he's stuck a ban on or had their forum account fucked about with maliciously. IP.Boards logs should be sufficient unless they've been modified.

What would you like to see improved: Him banned for 30 days from the Forum and TS, his ability to modify or subject other people to his inane rulings that somehow has him marked as a global moderator with little apparent contribution to the forums or this community.

Steve has been doing the same thing since 2013, claiming that he'll develop and provide essential services to the community, while in the mean time he sits on his haunches abusing his power. He fucks about on the forums, using his power to fuck over people who either A. he can't deal with or doesn't know how to talk with and uses his powers in TS and the boards to keep people away or fuck them about enough so that they just don't bother.

See : Pirate, My Self and the other dozen folks who he's just gone mucking about on the forums fucking with their forum accounts, where as other people's signatures remain unmolested. If he's not going to do anything productive, he needs to be tucked into bed.

I've been asked to edit in the following.

"History of editing peoples inventories and replacing them with bananas" - That would require box logs to verify I imagine.

I think Spartan is a big nerd but I have to agree for as long as I remember Steve when he announced himself as the developer messiah of TnB (some months ago when SRP was there) he has been very inconsistent on what he does and doesn't follow any system, he just follows his own opinion as law to settle his bottom on peoples heads. (squeeze his asshole over our heads)

ive been at the shit end of steve's minuscule stick ever since he arbitrarily decided i was a "troll" at ggl

the resulting fecal matter ive been splattered with has ranged from random infractions to permabanning, to modifying my user account so i would be unable to post

he's so manic about it that for a while he used to manually check every new account made to see if it was associated with a similar looking ip address to mine (or a tor outlet) because his bot to do so wasnt working

an example:

http://taconbanana.com/index.php/topic/18541-abusive-rule-bending-moderation/

i understand that he scripts for tnb, but that shouldnt give him free reign to enact whatever punitive measures he sees fit on people he holds personal grudges against

Considering he flat out lied to grant himself a reason to get rid of me and screamed in TS when confronted I am personally in favor

He's obsessive and abusive in the extreme, God help you if you're open about disliking him because he will do his absolute best to discredit and delete you

FervensPb said:
an example:

http://taconbanana.com/index.php/topic/18541-abusive-rule-bending-moderation/

i understand that he scripts for tnb, but that shouldnt give him free reign to enact whatever punitive measures he sees fit on people he holds personal grudges against
I've asked about what he's scripted and gotten little to no answer, the last time I heard anything about him scripting something he broke shit and other competent devs had to fix it.

that sounds about in line with what happened when i scripted with him for ggl so.........................

i guess i stand corrected

Steve outserved his purpose to TnB long ago. I never understood why he has power still.

E: Apparently he still scripts for TnB? If so what exactly does he script for TnB.. And why does working on a script supposedly allow him to moderate these forums as if it's North Korea

I can't possibly imagine how anybody figures it's a good idea to give moderation/admin power to people based on a role that has nothing to do with either. The whole idea of picking moderators is that you pick people who moderate, not people who close down anything and anyone they disagree with. If you can't remain impartial and learn to separate your role as a mod from your opinions, then you shouldn't be one.

Giving out additional roles as some kind of incentive to keep devs around is beyond retarded, even if they actually are being useful.

Steve outserved his purpose to TnB long ago. I never understood why he has power still.

E: Apparently he still scripts for TnB? If so what exactly does he script for TnB.. And why does working on a script supposedly allow him to moderate these forums as if it's North Korea

i asked and he just gave snide comments and deflected

I'm not really disputing any of the claims against Steve, as I'm sure you all have your grievances to discuss, but on numerous occasions I've been on TS while Steve was actively working to sort out disreputable people from our playerbase via his access to both the forum panel and the server box. People that have no reason to play at our community, and indeed many people of whom you have probably never even heard of (script kiddies, script abusers, banned players that make their way back, and etc.) While I'm sort of doubting that he does any sort of scripting for the community - and he might, it's not like we have access to everything they DEVs are actively working on - but he seems to be more of a systems administrator in the same vein as Operator.

Do continue your discussion, but I just thought I'd shed some light on what he actually does since most of you seem to think he does nothing.

I'm not really disputing any of the claims against Steve, as I'm sure you all have your grievances to discuss, but on numerous occasions I've been on TS while Steve was actively working to sort out disreputable people from our playerbase via his access to both the forum panel and the server box. While I'm sort of doubting that he does any sort of scripting for the community - and he might, it's not like we have access to everything they DEVs are actively working on - but he seems to be more of a systems administrator in the same vein as Operator.Do continue your discussion, but I just thought I'd shed some light on what he actually does since most of you seem to think he does nothing.

Which is great but the issue lies in the fact that there is a wide gap between what Steve thinks is "disreputable" and the rest of the community and he knows it and is willing to do underhanded shit that is flatly unethical and backwards to punish people he has developed a distaste for

I briefly had this issue with thor but unlike steve, thor was willing to speak to me and come to an understanding and I think we are alright now, whereas steve plugs his ears and screams until you go away while stuck on grudges he formed years ago.

Echo said:
I'm not really disputing any of the claims against Steve, as I'm sure you all have your grievances to discuss, but on numerous occasions I've been on TS while Steve was actively working to sort out disreputable people from our playerbase via his access to both the forum panel and the server box. People that have no reason to play at our community, and indeed many people of whom you have probably never even heard of (script kiddies, script abusers, banned players that make their way back, and etc.) While I'm sort of doubting that he does any sort of scripting for the community - and he might, it's not like we have access to everything they DEVs are actively working on - but he seems to be more of a systems administrator in the same vein as Operator.

Do continue your discussion, but I just thought I'd shed some light on what he actually does since most of you seem to think he does nothing.
This is something that people who are less emotionally attached, or someone more capable of handling this. We've probably got half a dozen sys admins here at the community. A few programmers who could jump in and help too but will get stonewalled because of some nonsense answer like "we have enough devs" or "one of the other devs will handle it"

Operator does that kind of work as well and he's not someone who lets personal bias affect his work.

Spartan5150 said:
"History of editing peoples inventories and replacing them with bananas" - That would require box logs to verify I imagine.
..So THATS who wiped Flower's Inventory... Huh.. Interesting

Steve handles a lot of the background shit. I've talked about coding with him, and he's a smart guy when it comes to the stuff none of you guys will ever really see.

yes he does stuff basically, it's a lot of background gears type things

combinekyle6892 said:
+support
sound like a real pleb
Sorry to do this off-topic thing, but you need to stop +Support based off of one side of the story, it's silly.

I'm pretty sure this thread is insulting to Steve which could result in a waning for "insulting other members."

Soren said:
Steve handles a lot of the background shit. I've talked about coding with him, and he's a smart guy when it comes to the stuff none of you guys will ever really see.

yes he does stuff basically, it's a lot of background gears type things
pmuch this. the majority of steve's work is behind the scenes, and fuck there is a lot of it.

Hoplite said:
pmuch this. the majority of steve's work is behind the scenes, and fuck there is a lot of it.
and that's fine but there's still a significant problem with the way he uses the powers he has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread