Denied Ban appeal

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas

ow'd u know oi was bri'ish
Feb 13, 2013
An appeal is for the banned user to explain why he should be unbanned, not for the peanut gallery to pry for extraneous details. Polioman knows why it happened. He was warned in triplicate. It was a relatively public affair, plenty of people saw it and saw his responses to it. I don't know why you keep saying he wasn't warned. He was warned. The warning was very verbose. I explained everything in full.

Moreover, this specific instance is one out of literally dozens. This is just the one where someone finally escalated to a perma instead of giving him the nth kick or cooldown ban.
Well this is the peanut gallery posting valid criticism for current admin techniques, and noticeably yours in this particular situation that's a bitter stain on the conduct, and reputation, of the server. From what's seen, and all that I or any other observer on this thread can see, is a very poorly worded, coordinated and executed string of irrational and unexplained decisions in this case that resulted in a perma ban that wasn't worthy of it, or productive at all. Whatever happened to warn, kick, ban? Whatever happened to direct confrontation? The server heamorraghes new people who are banned and kicked for less and never given a chance to improve - and this just sets another bad precident - and as I've mentioned before; someone who was warned they were on their last legs a day ago wasn't even confronted and had their conduct criticised hasn't had a chance to learn.

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
Well this is the peanut gallery posting valid criticism for current admin techniques, and noticeably yours in this particular situation that's a bitter stain on the conduct, and reputation, of the server. From what's seen, and all that I or any other observer on this thread can see, is a very poorly worded, coordinated and executed string of irrational and unexplained decisions in this case that resulted in a perma ban that wasn't worthy of it, or productive at all. Whatever happened to warn, kick, ban? Whatever happened to direct confrontation? The server heamorraghes new people who are banned and kicked for less and never given a chance to improve - and this just sets another bad precident - and as I've mentioned before; someone who was warned they were on their last legs a day ago wasn't even confronted and had their conduct criticised hasn't had a chance to learn.
Lol, as I've said 3 times in this thread and now four, warn kick ban is exactly what happened, to a T. Continually repeating a lie won't make it a truth.

Polioman

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Identity
An appeal is for the banned user to explain why he should be unbanned, not for the peanut gallery to pry for extraneous details. Polioman knows why it happened. He was warned in triplicate. It was a relatively public affair, plenty of people saw it and saw his responses to it. I don't know why you keep saying he wasn't warned. He was warned. The warning was very verbose. I explained everything in full.

Moreover, this specific instance is one out of literally dozens. This is just the one where someone (in this case it was actually an RDA who said to do it) finally escalated to a perma instead of giving him the nth kick or cooldown ban. I actually started with a kick before being instructed to up it to a perma.
You removed me from the faction with no prior chat warning. There was no warning at all from you. I saw that there would be a box of tires because of previous dealings where we have had to replace the tires for that car. So I brought them over and I used a prop specifically so that it would show where it was and I wouldn't lose track of where it was.

Kat_

pajama gal
Dec 15, 2014
Identity
She/Her
I think Polonious missed his opportunity to be given quick-talks and warnings since he's had 14 bans since 2019.

Enraged

Mana Addict
Jan 26, 2018
Identity
Polio buddy what are you actually trying to argue right now? The semantics over why you were removed from a faction...on a server that you can't even play on now because you're legitimately permabanned?

Take Sky's words to heart buddy cause that's your only olive branch to clean your act up and potentially get unbanned one day.
You're running in circles on this appeal and it's going to get you nowhere. Take a step back, take some breaths, own up to your behavior, and go from there.

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
You removed me from the faction with no prior chat warning. There was no warning at all from you. I saw that there would be a box of tires because of previous dealings where we have had to replace the tires for that car. So I brought them over and I used a prop specifically so that it would show where it was and I wouldn't lose track of where it was.
I have told you specifically, and the CEC in general (that makes two separate notices that you have received with regards to this very specific issue, not counting the rest of the warnings you've been given for various other misbehaviors), that low effort filler roleplay will get you removed from the CEC. What you were doing was plainly disruptive and eroded the roleplay efforts of other players. I told you as much on the server. You chose to ignore it - that was the final point on a very long list of reasons why you were permabanned. If you aren't even willing to accept fault on this one point, I can't think of any reason we should even begin to cut you slack on the rest. You are obviously not interested in improving your behavior, even though you are also obviously capable of it.

Your ban was frankly overdue, even not counting today's incident. Arguing the semantics of your removal from the CEC will not get you any closer to an unban. You told skyrim last night that you were surprised you hadn't already been permabanned. Where's the surprise coming from now?

You are going to have to demonstrate some self awareness. This is not a ban you're going to wait out, come back without changing anything, and get unbanned because "it's been long enough." If you will not change your behavior you don't get to come back.

Sep 28, 2015
Polioman was given the opportunity so many times to fix his act but I'm trying to read it from Polioman's standpoint and it honestly seems like the stigma of being TnB's resident funny meme-man has gotten to his head and he doesn't really want to let that go, and that's something I can personally understand. I've seen a lot of people encourage him to be fucking stupid and even Skyrim said something along the lines of "they were trying to steer them away from his dumbassery this time around".

I can say for certainty that despite this recent ban that Polioman has been improving on his roleplay over the past year since he started, but he still has a long road ahead of him to keep on improving and he shouldn't be banned permanently if we want him to improve. He just needs to clean up his act and the community should help encourage him clean up that act rather than encourage him to be actually dumb.

e: The last four posts loaded in after I posted this, sorry!

Stierlexia!

meme thief
Jan 31, 2017
Identity
She/Her
i'm not entertaining the notion that polio is unaware of how disruptive he is and neither should you, he's been here for long enough to know better, and he does

baby

Legend
Dec 28, 2015
two years of this, man.

kind of crazy to look back on when you try to plead your case with a present case of 14 ban appeals and a continually cocky demeanor when it came to recognizing the gravity of your actions both on server and within the community in general. this is amid all the kicks, the warnings, the temporary bans you've sat out, so i'm not sure how this ban appeal can really bring anything to light if you end up free from handcuffs you've been so familiar with for two years again.

i'm sure you've done plenty of good in the years you've been bobbing and weaving all the shit thrown at you but real improvement can only come from when you denounce everything you've done in the past and actively try not to do what you've still been doing today, but shit, this is the 15th time among several admin teams who've had several discussions regarding your behavior already catching you again, bro.

only posting just to part some reality for you, and i genuinely do want to see you improve and rise from everything you've been made into: a meme, a m*nge, whatever, but this is too much homie

yo wtf vegetal vegetal

Last edited:

Kat_

pajama gal
Dec 15, 2014
Identity
She/Her
"honestly dude you betray common sense every other day and have hardly changed in the two years that you've been here. you know, or should know, common etiquette but you still do these outlandish things for your own cheap entertainment supposedly. the admin team doesn't want to deal with you acting like a mong to "trick" people into thinking you're new, making throwaway characters and getting yourself PKed, etc. don't make us handhold you anymore, we're done doing it for you or any other problem children. show some small amount of awareness and actually try to develop your behavior/writing.

unbanned. you're on thin ice." -raklo, halo unban

" Polio - sit it out, take it as a lesson and be grateful you didn't get an extended ban. You've been given plenty of chances across the last two years and it genuinely disappoints me to see you continuously doing this shit."-zombie, rr unban.

"Honest truth, I want to give you a chance to improve, but each time so far you engage in these outbursts and manage to turn yourself into a meme with your behaviour, which we can't do anything about except react to you.

Where does it end? This isn't the first time we've had to resort to banning you. Go get some sleep, come back and make an actual effort with your request because at the moment it looks half-assed."-zombie again, TRP.

i'd go through the rest but honestly i can't be assed to.

motherfuckers, stop with the constant song of 'well, they're on their way of improvement.' stop making excuses for this behavior and then laughing about it and encouraging it next turn around.

14 fucking ban appeals, and we're still on the trail of 'well, they're on their way?'. i've never seen such dedication to help anyone else of this playerbase, yet each time another appeal comes around, the opportunity is surely jumped upon to criticize the actions of a team.

don't you all get tired of this routine and cycle? my lord.

wester

Kiruclanz 2.0
HLNA Admin
Mar 7, 2015
Identity
He/Him
Vegas Vegas not sure how you can criticize pirate's "admin techniques" when polioman bought himself this treatment by being a habitual dumbass and refusing to change after 14 unban appeals.

here's his chance to learn. if the time out he's getting right now doesn't teach him, dunno what will.

Polioman

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Identity
polonius you seriously said to me last night that "i am surprised i haven't been permabanned yet, really"

with that restated, why should we even begin to consider unbanning you? you yourself were expecting this to happen. all you've done as of recent is be a headache and i'm also surprised it took this long for you to get permabanned
I've been rping and bettering myself through both my CP and my CEC characters. I have come along way even from city 45 and this iteration. I know that I have done some stupid shit like giving a new character a gun to kill some headcrabs or giving a meme guy a molotov to do whatever with it. Through these encounters I have learned from doing somewhat stupid things that my actions have had major consequence.

But I have also done some good with new players. I've helped out newer or returning players with filling in what has happened with the current server so that they can get involved and have a good time playing this server. I have come a long way from my dealings in trp, a very long way and it can be shown that I have improved from that and I would prefer for it not to be used as an example against me because I know how I was on trp and even city 45.

you are really missing the point buddy

nobody is going to come on this thread and defend you because there's no reason to defend you, sorry to say. i'm not going to pull the whole 'name one thing you've provided to the server' because that's not really an argument i like to use but i would like you to name me one meaningful thing you've done recently with a character of yours, on top of answering to what i said above

you're not going to get your way out of this by bashing pirate. you would've been banned with or without him
I have participated in a serious castle investigation that lead to the capture of a corrupt squad leader and provided a heavy dynamic of rp from it and the events after it. I was involved in an event which allowed people to get to S3 and getting to S3 itself when it first opened. I provided rp with my character Stephen Ulysses even with the prior events of the easy boys, with many viewing it as very mingy and unserious, I decided to stop and put it to rest and focus on better characters.

"honestly dude you betray common sense every other day and have hardly changed in the two years that you've been here. you know, or should know, common etiquette but you still do these outlandish things for your own cheap entertainment supposedly. the admin team doesn't want to deal with you acting like a mong to "trick" people into thinking you're new, making throwaway characters and getting yourself PKed, etc. don't make us handhold you anymore, we're done doing it for you or any other problem children. show some small amount of awareness and actually try to develop your behavior/writing.

unbanned. you're on thin ice." -raklo, halo unban

" Polio - sit it out, take it as a lesson and be grateful you didn't get an extended ban. You've been given plenty of chances across the last two years and it genuinely disappoints me to see you continuously doing this shit."-zombie, rr unban.

"Honest truth, I want to give you a chance to improve, but each time so far you engage in these outbursts and manage to turn yourself into a meme with your behaviour, which we can't do anything about except react to you.

Where does it end? This isn't the first time we've had to resort to banning you. Go get some sleep, come back and make an actual effort with your request because at the moment it looks half-assed."-zombie again, TRP.

i'd go through the rest but honestly i can't be assed to.

motherfuckers, stop with the constant song of 'well, they're on their way of improvement.' stop making excuses for this behavior and then laughing about it and encouraging it next turn around.

14 fucking ban appeals, and we're still on the trail of 'well, they're on their way?'. i've never seen such dedication to help anyone else of this playerbase, yet each time another appeal comes around, the opportunity is surely jumped upon to criticize the actions of a team.

don't you all get tired of this routine and cycle? my lord.
This just a low blow. If you don't think that somebody can change over the course of two years, you are sorely mistaken. Many of the people currently on the server and the admin team wouldn't even be here if this was the case.

Kat_

pajama gal
Dec 15, 2014
Identity
She/Her
You do realize you are currently in an unban thread because there are doubts that you have not changed enough over the course of two years? That your behavior is actually what is still in question after two years? That's more on you than me.

Kat_

pajama gal
Dec 15, 2014
Identity
She/Her
The actions I did on trp were much worse and cannot be compared to what I have done on this current HL server.
So you think that your behavior has changed, yet last night you tell shinzo that you 'probably deserve to be banned.' I'm failing to see the logic here, because to an extent, it seems even you know you're still being a shitter after all this time.

Wiz

Actually a wizard.
Jul 12, 2015
Polio you literally haven't changed an inch since TRP. There's a reason I had a keybind set up to mute you from OOC.

sky

your newest internet obsession
Roleplay Department Administrator
Sep 18, 2015
Identity
They/Them
i'm not going to make an official response for a little bit but i will give him a little credit in that he's stopped doing the weird shit he used to do on trp; that, however, doesn't excuse his current shenanigans

don't group up to shit on him, i'm all for bluntly pointing out the flaws but it's starting to become a bandwagon of hate

Raspberry

Banned
Dec 31, 2013
agreed. if you went through and picked out all of my appeals you'd probably have an even longer list. keep his prior shit in mind but don't throw '14 appeals!!!!' at him. This is a guy who has very actively been trying to improve his behaviour. That much I can vouch for personally, if you think otherwise then maybe you should come actually interact with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)