Accepted Ban Appeal - Blitz

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Zealot
Jun 7, 2011
Name (As well as any former aliases you can think of): Blitz

What were you banned from?:
While it was stemming from an SRP thing, my forum account got banned too (though it seems as time has passed I'm mysteriously able to see and post on the general forums.) Seeing as SRP was the only active TnB subcommunity at that time to my recollection, I just treated it as a community-wide ban.

Original length of ban:
Permanent.

Time since ban:
4-5 years.

Who banned you:
I used to think it was Anony but come to think of it he didn't have admin powers back then (I think) and had admin friends in his back pocket that did it for them. If it was going to be anyone in particular it definitely would have been Bennet as he was the one who was shadow removing my lore posts for Anony's sake. But I can't confirm.

Reason for original ban:
Scroll down for TL;DR.

I was the subfaction leader of the newly authorized UKM Spetsnaz group in the last SRP iteration. I was not unused to leading factions (especially SRP's UKM) and I was pretty active on SRP, having had event flags and a couple of characters who were entirely dedicated to giving people interesting and challenging missions with a slower pace focused mainly on the unknowable nature of the zone. But people did NOT like that I was going to run Spetsnaz as a male-only faction. One of those people being Anony, who I never really had a lot of contact with despite us both being TnB "oldfags."

Regardless of that, I was happy to have charge over a faction like this and was excited to make Spetsnaz a clandestine, nameless organization acting with plausible deniability. I spent hours making a couple of lore posts and then posted them on the subfaction forum that was created for me. I was reading over the main lore post I had created when I refreshed the page to push out a new edit correcting some spelling mistake, and I got an error saying the thread doesn't exist or something to that effect. Since TnB's forum has never really been known for its stability, I figured it was a fluke and wrote it up from scratch again (didn't think to make a Word doc so I literally just sat there and rewrote the whole thing up again.) It stays up for a bit, then after some time, same thing, it's gone.

Now I'm getting suspicious. My regular posts elsewhere are fine, but my MASSIVE lore posts that I spend a great deal of time on are getting deleted within minutes of being posted? I had already bumped heads with Anony over this stupidly over politicized issue of a single, small special forces subfaction being sex-restricted (despite the fact that the main UKM faction was male/female integrated and would be MUCH more active than Spetsnaz) so I had my suspicions. I didn't really have anywhere to go, I remember asking some admin """friends""" (Xeanos in particular comes to mind) and everyone I approached said it must have been a fluke or someone with very high privileges must have been doing it because they can't see history of the thread even existing. We'll come back to this part later.

The details get a little fuzzy at this point but I remember I eventually I put 2 and 2 together and confront Anony about it. He says I'm crazy, tells me he has nothing to do with it, etc. I back off, believing him for the moment (I had never met someone so cowardly in real life or on the internet to blatantly lie about some childish stuff like that when confronted), and do some more digging and talk to some more admins. Eventually, I don't know how or who told me, I get proof that without a doubt Bennet is deleting my posts on Anony's behalf. Angry, I confront Anony about it in TS3. All the admins he was in the same channel with come into the channel he and I are in to hash it out, Xeanos and some others I sought help for included. It was a silent admission that several members of the admin team I had sought for help were in on this the entire time.

I knew TnB is really a cliquey place, but that really disgusted me, seeing as Xeanos and I were tight and I literally had 0 beef with some of the other admins in that channel that were coming in to see how I got "owned." While Anony had literal adrenaline-fueled quiver/stutter voice despite having a backing of several admins in the channel I told him off and told him to stop instigating Bennet to delete my stuff. I don't recall if Bennet was in the channel, if he was we must not have spoken much or I didn't even care enough to address him as Anony was the main "conspirator" in this really sad plot to delete my lore posts. To speak about Bennet and I's relation briefly: like Anony before this whole mess, I had pretty much 0 contact with Bennet over the years we had both been in TnB together, so I don't know why he went ahead and took orders from this guy who, to my knowledge, he hated or apparently had started to hate not long after this.

After this argument ended, I knew that any attempts of mine to try and do something cool or interesting within SRP was done, or that it would be extremely hard. The ban followed with my argument with Anony and I was done with TnB at that point. I had a rivalry with Dave (that post I made in fast threads was no joke that shit lasted years) which climaxed with me leading UKM, Dave never once did some ratlike stuff like shadow delete my forum posts (to include my large lore posts on the UKM) and then lie to me about it.

TL;DR

I was given command of the Spetsnaz subfaction and had the intent to only have males serving. Several people didn't like this and Anony conspired with his admin friends to delete my posts and lie to me. Bennet shadow removed my lore posts several times. I argued with the pathetic jailbait-seeker Anony who had his admin friends who had been "in" on the little plot sit in (despite us agreeing it would be a man-to-man discussion about why he felt it necessary.) The argument ended and I found myself banned at large.

And before anyone mentions my affiliation with eTnBers, I literally was only on there to point out how bullied and pathetic Anony's life must be and the fact that (if it was actually him) he had a picture released with a glob of smegma visible on his dick.

Bozo

Thread locked.
May 21, 2011
Remember, personal vouching, either for or against the appeal, is prohibited.

Carry on.

scramble

good natured
Media Team
Jan 1, 2015
sounds like stale beef, but i would expect input from relevant parties to corroborate your story or question it

you've provided a lot of information here, but i'm still left wondering a few things - are you able to play on any of TNB's servers right now? seeing as you're not banned on the forums, and this is so old and uneventful i doubt your bans were carried over, have you tried to join halo or trp?

did i miss something? i feel like there's something missing

Blitz

Zealot
Jun 7, 2011
sounds like stale beef, but i would expect input from relevant parties to corroborate your story or question it

you've provided a lot of information here, but i'm still left wondering a few things - are you able to play on any of TNB's servers right now? seeing as you're not banned on the forums, and this is so old and uneventful i doubt your bans were carried over, have you tried to join halo or trp?

did i miss something? i feel like there's something missing
I am able to play on the servers most likely, but seeing after Halo RP's scandal and Bennet himself coming out and saying that it was the culture of TnB that killed Halo more than anything, why would I just come back silently? What's the point of coming back silently when my ban was a prime of example of the shitty, conniving stuff people on here hate so much? If I get unbanned for this then it's all good but if not then it just proves to me that the system is still as immature and childish as when I had my massive lore posts removed because a guy who had connections didn't like me.

pirate

TnB's Most Wanted
Sep 8, 2011
I am able to play on the servers most likely, but seeing after Halo RP's scandal and Bennet himself coming out and saying that it was the culture of TnB that killed Halo more than anything, why would I just come back silently? What's the point of coming back silently when my ban was a prime of example of the shitty, conniving stuff people on here hate so much? If I get unbanned for this then it's all good but if not then it just proves to me that the system is still as immature and childish as when I had my massive lore posts removed because a guy who had connections didn't like me.
? you aren't banned, but you're appealing an expired ban from long past to make some kind of point? am i understanding correctly?

Broly

Jul 16, 2019
I am intended to be permanently banned.
Are you saying this because you were perma banned on SRP but not on the other servers so if you logged on you would be banned again? Either way I'm confused.

Blitz

Zealot
Jun 7, 2011
Are you saying this because you were perma banned on SRP but not on the other servers so if you logged on you would be banned again? Either way I'm confused.
No, I'm saying this because I was permabanned community-wide, including on the forums at one point. I don't even know how I'm able to post on this account tbh. My reply to scramble scramble was hypothesizing that it's possible that with how long it's been and how many iterations of HL2, TRP, etc have gone up and down since then it could be that my steam account ban didn't "stick."

edit: also not to mention the person who presumably banned me and definitely was the one behind deleting my posts is now an RDA. If I just go and play as Blitz on the server it stands to reason I'm just going to get banned again.

scramble

good natured
Media Team
Jan 1, 2015
that sounds like a very sensible rationale - you weren't sure if you'd be good to go, so you've gone and buttoned up the old ban so that it's squared away or atleast addressed before you move forward
that's just a little uncommon, but i don't see any problem with that, i think it's somewhat commendable that you brought it up - i appreciate that you've respected boundaries to do that, and here you are just trying to get it all cleared up

as far as i know, anony is gone, so you might have to hang tight until either bennet or someone from that period might be able to kind of corroborate what you've said so far - it's really unfortunate we have to take as much care as we do, but often when we have old appeals like this, it's someone like cup who none of us younger members have ever met (hopefully) but can very easily be attested by players at the time to just be bad news

i would have high hopes though - as you said, we recently had kind of a public confrontation and i genuinely think it's propelling a push for betterment all around. i think bennet's transformation of the rda and moderator roles are very good signs of a better attitude from up top, with a larger roster of people involved in community management than him alone taking all the responsibilities that he was burdened with. i think this is a very promising time to be returning to the community, and i hope we can have more returning players if not newcomers entirely.

best of luck my friend

bennet

Roleplay Department Administrator
May 22, 2011
didn't read the whole thing but was this over the stupid argument of you saying there shouldn't be women in the zone or the ukm or something

honestly really not fussed anymore mate play if you want it doesn't look like you're banned so

Vosk

Actually a real swell fellow.
HLNA Admin
Media Team
Mar 13, 2012
It’s been a long time since the original ban, and the other party isn’t even here anymore. Old beef. I don't see why we can't have you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)