Bad Glitch

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by drac, Jan 12, 2018.

1. drac

drac Senior Member

Canada
    This has been happening for a while, but never to this degree. The last few maps, when the server population gets too high / and theres too many props (I'm assuming the latter) my textures go "flat" and become a grey or flat black texture. I can still see player models and textures fine.

However, due to the new maps lighting it has made it completely unplayable.
    I'm on a mac air 2015. 1.6 ghz i5
    4gb ram
    intel hd graphics 6k 1536 mb

Any suggestions? Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 11.08.12 PM. Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 11.07.55 PM. Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 11.06.49 PM. Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 11.06.30 PM.

this is probably just due to my shitty specs, but im jw if theres a work around.

#1 drac, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. popo

popo Zealot

United States
    Paging @blooregardo since you have a mac also and maybe encountered this before

3. David Heinrich

United States
    Your GPU is kinda low end and Airs aren't really designed for gaming. From what it looks like, you're running out of video memory. Try tanking your graphics settings and set -dxlevel 80 in launch options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. drac

drac Senior Member

Canada
    cheers fellas ill report back.

5. nec

nec lemondog
    Contributor

Australia
    this

try cleaning out your gmod of old content and just starting fresh, it generally fixes a lot of things related to gmod clogging up and dying, at least in my history

delete old addons, run menu_cleanupgmas in console as well once you've unsubscribed to a bunch, and run factoryreset-gmod.bat (steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod) once you're done

6. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    Paroxysm Admin

United States
    Try mat_monitorgamma_tv_enabled 1

Won't solve the problem, but it will help a lot.

Best bet is to just do what I did, set install windows 7 on separate partition and play gmod on that, it runs better than the mac port and a lot of the more bizarre, unexplainable, or spooky glitches can be avoided this way. Boot Camp Utility should be included with your mac and it will walk you tgrough the process of setting up a new partition, installing the OS, and will download windows drivers for the macbook's hardware

For me gmod now runs completely without a hitch and smoother than some other people here. However, that's more owed to shelling out for 16gb ram rather than the anemic 4gb it came with

7. drac

drac Senior Member

Canada
    awhhhh it didn't work. im gonna assume im sol till we move to a smaller, more optimized map. i have plans to buy a gaming rig but it wont be for a while.

8. drac

drac Senior Member

Canada
    gonna do a partition, incoming sf bloo lol

• :( :( x 1
  9. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    Paroxysm Admin

United States
  10. wester

wester Kiruclanz 2.0

Canada
    LOL im so deep in the mac hole that i didn't even realize what the glitch was until i really read it

this is my normal text.

11. Chocolate

Chocolate Legend

Canada
    im running a fucking 40 gig partition b/c gmod doesn't work on high sierra and the fucking compat drivers are like 20 gigs and plus required games and addons i have very little space on this shit.

mac life is hell

12. Duaine The Rock

Duaine The Rock schween suckler

United States
    Im curious how much you payed. My 300 dollar machine has nearly double the gigahertz

13. Ruffian

Ruffian Zealot

United States
    use a windows OS like any self-respecting human being.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  14. drac

drac Senior Member

Canada
    thanks tips ill just go buy a windows pc doo doo doo wow ruffian ur so smart why i no just think fo that ?

• Agree Agree x 3