Arma 3 City Ops

War Machine

THE IRON BANK
Apr 15, 2015
Ok, so I was scrolling through the mod list last night and found this Arma 3 HL2 mod. And if you are anything like me, I have been dying for a good fight, but it does not seem like it is going to happen for a while. So why don't we get some S2K out of our systems off server and do a mass community Resistance/CCA fight in the city, I can buy us a server and if we really wanted to go far and beyond I could also get us a TS3 for a few days and hook up TFR so we could all talk in server, I don't know just my thought on the matter. Just thought it would be sick, what you guys think?

snuggles

jimmy flanagan 1985
Sep 9, 2016
bearing in mind i have no idea how arma works, but,

would it not be possible to use zeus to, instead of making a mass PVP thing, do actual resistance-like things against AI civil protection/overwatch? i imagine shooting eachother would be fun, but if you have an actual objective it'd be even more fun

War Machine

THE IRON BANK
Apr 15, 2015
bearing in mind i have no idea how arma works, but,

would it not be possible to use zeus to, instead of making a mass PVP thing, do actual resistance-like things against AI civil protection/overwatch? i imagine shooting eachother would be fun, but if you have an actual objective it'd be even more fun
Yeah, we can do honestly whatever we want if I get us a server, send in a squad of max difficulty COTA liquidators to a squad of us, that would be sick. If anyone knows how to use Zeus well please let me know, I am not adept with it at all.

snuggles

jimmy flanagan 1985
Sep 9, 2016
newticus likes hl2 and is also good with zeus, but i can't say he'll do it - it's up to him

but imagine having to plot and plan an assault on a union facility and actually going through with it on arma. the only time i've properly gotten in to arma was in antistasi, but the idea of that makes me want to play

TankNut

Is HL2 done yet?
Developer
Oct 23, 2014
Zeus is easy enough to learn if you've got a bit of time and achilles (+ compositions) to make your life easier.

That being said I'd definitely be up for this, just don't do something stupid and force people to install all 4 parts of RHS, the entirety of CUP and let's toss NIArms on there for good measure.

VeteranGary

May 25, 2016
Try to keep it simple enough for a decent amount of people to install the addons/mods easily. For me, the Arma 3 community is notorious for either using no mods, or gigabytes worth of mods, that you have to install using some sketchy torrent that takes 7 hours to complete a download, then a few more hours to verify it.

War Machine

THE IRON BANK
Apr 15, 2015
Zeus is easy enough to learn if you've got a bit of time and achilles (+ compositions) to make your life easier.

That being said I'd definitely be up for this, just don't do something stupid and force people to install all 4 parts of RHS, the entirety of CUP and let's toss NIArms on there for good measure.
We will do bare minimum mods. Just the HL2 mod and then the Achilles and hopefully that will be it.

Foxicus

Mar 6, 2018
What I would recommend is using either Invade and Annex, Liberation, Antistasi, or Dynamic Recon Ops.

Invade and Annex is your cookie cutter bread and butter mama jama multiplayer mode against AI. Capture cities and towns, with side objectives and all that. Unlimited respawn (unless limited by server admin) and some other things like rewards for completing stuff.

Liberation is almost the same, but there's a lot more logistics involved. You can make FOBs, but you have to get logi to those FOBs. It's a lot more liberating (budumtss) compared to I&A, but it's a lot more in depth.

Antistasi would be PERFECT, but it requires a lot of scripting, at least I think, in order to set up the factions. Where as in most Arma playthroughs, you're a regulated military force fighting against the terrorists/militia/guerillas. But with Antistasi, you're the underpaid, underfed, undergeared guerillas fighting a superior enemy.
e; Little bit more about Antistasi. You can go incognito into cities and towns and plan/execute sabotages, you can steal gear and make it for your own, set up your own FOBs, get your faction rich enough to start buying AI and man those FOBs you build. It's a lot of cool stuff. I definitely, highly, utmost-ly recommend this game mode for the server.

Dynamic Recon Ops is a simple plug and play. Create a number of randomly generated missions within an instance. However, the slots are much more limited as compared to the other 3 servers due to how the mission file is set up, and is much more adherent towards just some lower end CO-OP play with some buds. Still something that could be done in the meantime until the server gets made.

I hope this helps.

e2; zeus also works because im silly

e3; the above are NOT MODS. they are all MISSION FILES. scripted. they don't require downloading massive amounts of content beyond what we want to use for the HL2 mods.

Last edited:

War Machine

THE IRON BANK
Apr 15, 2015
Ok so got a good friend of mine who used to run another HL2 community back in the day who is willing to run it for us. He will start finding mods to use and he will work on setting something up quick, I will keep you posted.

Bulldog

script mong
May 23, 2011
Would probably be better to just run an Antistasi gamemode with the models and everything swapped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)