Apology & Giving Thanks (And Reminiscing TRP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevivalAD

Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say sorry for being an alt and bypassing a permanent ban. I've always been kind of a fuckhead and I pissed a lot of people off and I understand why I don't belong in this community, but I had a REALLY good time and I appreciate it more than I can put into words.

I made an alt because I LOVE TnB. I've put like 9000+ hours into gmod, 98 percent of those hours being spent on TnB RP. (About a year of continuous play, over the course of about 10 years) In my mind, making an alt would not only bypass my ban, but give me a fresh start so I could leave my shit reputation behind. I never planned on revealing myself, but I suspected I'd get caught eventually, so I just tried to enjoy every day, sadly that dreaded day came & I'm permanently banned.

I guess I just want everyone to know that I appreciate everything you guys have done for me, directly & indirectly over the last decade. I definitely didn't return the favor to a lot of you and I regret it and I'm so sorry. I wish I could have done things differently but hindsight is always 20/20. I'm also sorry for creating an alt and deceiving everyone, I just REALLY wanted to come back.

With that being said, I haven't been banned from the forums yet (I REALLY appreciate that), so I figured it would be cool to look back at some of the good times I had at TRP in particular.

-------------------------------------------

When I first saw "Terminator Roleplay" on the server browser list back in 2009-2010, I was still rocking a white box CRT monitor and my full tower computer was an ugly beige. My desk was made of some crappy laminate cracked particle-board and I had the famous Nvidia 8800 GT (Still the best video card ever made). I joined just out of boredom.

I had no idea what RP was, I thought the server was some kind of Terminator MMORPG sort of thing when I joined, so I'm walking through some tunnels on rp_destroyedcity when I see a tall guy walking around with a pipe, then the chat box suddenly filled with people yelling "INFILTRATOR!" And then a huge fire fight erupted, people were peeking out of door-ways, embedding shot after shot into this infiltrator as he walked around while blood sprites covered the hallway he was walking through. I was immediately intrigued by how people were "acting" realistically. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, so I began imitating them.

I immediately wanted to join the "rebels", so I started putting really silly attributes in my characters description:

William James
"Sneaky|Smart|Muscles"
"Fast|Strong|Good Shot"

(Legacy TRP only had 2 lines of character description that would hover over your head, and you could only fit like 20 characters on a line. I stupidly thought putting generic positive attributes on my characters description would get me recruited into Tech-Com, like as if those lines would impress anybody lol.)

My grammar got pretty good rather quickly, within a couple weeks of playing I was pretty much fluent and fit in with everyone else, still hadn't gotten into Tech-Com though, but I was gaining friends and meeting people. One day, the map was changed to gm_atomic and I started seeing radio messages of a woman named "Lucy Sterling" (Pepsi/Muerto/El Pepso) asking for help. I bust into this little shack up to the right of base and there's Lucy Sterling with some random dude. ICly, she was strapped down to a board and the guy had covered her in liquid chocolate. I couldn't stop laughing and I think that little moment was what cemented my love for TRP.

Fast forward about a year or so, and I've got a pretty good relationship with TnB. I started getting to know people OOC and was loving every moment of RP. William James had died and was pked during an event after making it to Private, but then I created the "legendary" Owen "Snaps" Eldridge. (Probably my most famous character) Was mentored by Lt. Sergei Gorbachev while Snaps rose through the ranks, and was finally offered Lieutenant of Alpha. I got scared as I didn't think I had what it took to lead Alpha, so I pked Snaps. (This one hurt)

---------------------------

(I'll keep updating this if anybody cares, wanted to write up all my crazy antics with my favorite characters of old & new TRP. (Brett Seilgim, Aiko Rapo, Hannah Beth, Lucy Sterling, Angel Stryker, Sergei Gorbachev, Nathan Muller, Time Cop, Bryce Bloodworth, Daniel Edwards, etc.)

I'd also love to read some other peoples favorite moments of TnB. Post your favorite memories & stories!

Last edited:

posepsi

actually el pepso
May 20, 2011
One day, the map was changed to gm_atomic and I started seeing radio messages of a woman named "Lucy Sterling" (Pepsi/Muerto/El Pepso) asking for help. I bust into this little shack up to the right of base and there's Lucy Sterling with some random dude. ICly, she was strapped down to a board and the guy had covered her in liquid chocolate.
oh god i forgot about that. who was that

posepsi

actually el pepso
May 20, 2011
That was like two computers ago for me.

And nah I think that was too early for Scalene, pretty sure he joined later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)