An Urgent Transmission.

Discussion in 'The Campaign Tracker' started by Malum Umbra, May 16, 2019 at 8:56 PM.

1. Malum Umbra

TRP Admin

Canada
    *The closed line within BP rings, whomever answers it is met with a strange man’s voice. His tone is urgent and it sounds pre-recorded.*

Come in Bakersfield, do you copy ?

This is Major Parrish of the 12th Mountain Division.

As of this recording we have been tasked with the scouting of a potential mining facility operated by SkyNET. HQ has informed us that the area is a geological hotspot for Coltan, a mineral used by SkyNET due to it’s high resistance against heat.

This is could be a huge win for humanity if this is true.

It is located Northeast of San Bernardino, over the mountains and into a swampy marshland. I ask for your assistance if you are able to provide it. Hopefully a coordinated effort from both our companies will leave a sizable dent in SkyNET’s production. Godspeed and good luck in the days to come.

Major Parrish out.

*The message plays again, on a loop.*

Important OOC Stuff:

The Map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1720164672
    The Materials: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1720167065
    The Resources: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1720167994

As this is a new map, some new rules of engagement [ROE's] will be tested out and used for the beginning of this event. These have been created and streamlined in order to create a more combat focused and realistic atmosphere for engagements that will no doubt occur on this map, as well as keep Tech-Comm on their toes.

To start, the rules that Drones, both Support and General Drones will be adhering to:

1. Drones may freely roam the map, and any open-air locations in their search for people.

2. Unless in open air locations [Fields, Swamps, Compound courtyards] encounters should be kept to local S2RP, /y emotes, /it, and /me 's as not to clutter up OOC with a large amount of conflicts going on in several locations. [ As a possibility, you can organize with a drone to use radios for emotes by setting each other on an unused channel ]

3. Drones may enter closed spaces, such as homes if they have good assumptions that there are people within [Noises of talking, weapons fire, emotes that give off sounds such as; /me loads weapon, or /me slams doors shut]

4. S2K can be used on a whole outpost if the people within are fighting drones, Though I request that there be a limit on meta-gaming if the drone is killed before it can call in its location to others.

5. Lost items on account of firefights should be left, retrieved to be returned, or destroyed. The rules for people racing back to retrieve lost items still stands, in that they can be freely targeted.

6. If a fight continues, more and more drones of higher power may be dispatched to the location in waves, until either the humans within retreat, or are killed.

7. Drones should be a bit more lenient with peoples hiding spots, giving that this will be on a new map. Though some examples will be giving to the three main drones ability to location hidden people. [Support drones should be considered akin to a 600 unless ordered to

Examples:

Keep in mind these are examples and by no means demanded laws for the event, merely suggestions

600’s:
    • 600's Cannot find people that aren't eye level or a little below when searching, so tables, counters, and camouflage fools them quite easily, though they will respond to a shots location.
    • Forget easily if distracted, if the 600 is alerted it can spray down any noise it hears.
    700’s:
    • 700's May do rudimentary searches of rooms, such as checking counters, or lift obvious cover that is out of place in the room (Someone puts a cabinet in the middle of the room and 'hides' inside.
    • Respond to bullets they see by tracing plasma trails or grenade trajectories.
    800’s:
    • 800's Would be akin to dealing with a Psycho killer, if they suspect someone is hidden in a cabinet, they may leave, only to reappear once they hear it open.
    • If a bullet is fired, the 800 can trace its shooter by the impact angle on its frame and return fire onto that location as well as the previous ability to see tracers and trail the shots.
    • Camo isn't as effective to a 800 if your within a close range, as it will make a human-shaped dead zone that the 800 is smart enough to pickup on.

Now, for the few rules that Tech-Comm and human characters will be asked to adhere too:

1. Avoid building large scale outposts [Setting up tents where there were none before, creating watch-towers near entrances, things that would raise SkyNET's eyebrow to their existence]
    Things such as sandbags in believable spots are OK, and a few shanty homes for the sake of RP are good as well.

2. As drones will be running on a modified rule set for this event, Human characters should contact admins if they believe a drone is not adhering well to them, and
    allowances should be made in that this is likely a great deal of things to consider on both sides.

3. The safety of scripts cannot fully be insured, in that drones will be pushing people out of areas and others may move in to find these lost items. Drones are often nice enough to return scripts if people ask politely and as such, I'll be asking the same of players

This event's map will be changed to on Friday, May 17th.
    Rules will be taking place starting Saturday,May 18th.

• Winner x 10
    • Funny x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Malum Umbra

TRP Admin

Canada
    Once on the map I'll make a perma-propped bulletin board with a short hand of these rules for those who need them, or don't have forum access.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. pvt. bing 'b' bing?

pvt. bing 'b' bing? sopping wet
    TRP Admin

United States
    gonna be changing to the map around 4:30 est

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Drewerth

Drewerth nothing stops MY roleplay

United States
    The event is chill but can SkyNet lighten up a bit. It's really not fun when you're forcing us to stay inside with a Harvester that's just circling our base not because we're found out but because it's waiting for us to be found out. Also, people need to learn that draw distance is a thing. I may look like I'm out in the open to you but on my screen I'm covered in mud and bushes.

We spend a while at the boat trying to move but couldn't because like three drones did nothing but circle us until a Reaver got in and forced us to shoot, just so they could attack. That isn't fun, it's annoying. I want to roleplay and not be forced to sit guard every minute of the day.

• Agree Agree x 8
    #4 Drewerth, May 18, 2019 at 2:33 AM
    Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 2:40 AM
  5. pvt. bing 'b' bing?

TRP Admin

United States
    okay, this is all experimental so any feedback helps

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. wester

wester Kiruclanz 2.0

Canada
    i know i've complained to you a bit, but i was enjoying what we had in the boat. it's just not fun when you push us out like half an hour after we were barely settled in. i get that we're supposed to be scrambled, but, still.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. Luftwaffe

Luftwaffe Member

United Kingdom
    loving it so far, atmosphere's great.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. pvt. bing 'b' bing?

TRP Admin

United States
    Skynet has been toned down a bit, movement should be a little more viable-- we wanted people to spread out for this, but obv that doesnt work long term. we'll keep messing with things and see where it takes us and whatever works, works and whatever doesnt, doesnt

• Wizard Wizard x 1
  9. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    SkyNET's unrelentless pursuit of TC across the map has detracted from my enjoyment of the event as a whole: throughout these few hours, there's never much time to do anything at all or get to talk to anyone because you're too busy running half the time, and I haven't really managed to find shift + w'ing around the map looking for people in the pitch black fun.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  10. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

Belgium
    welcome to the future war

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Red Menace

Contributor

United States
    the killer robots...kill people?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    I find this rationale entirely invalid: if bots are going to chase people around the map and deny them any chance to sit down and have some roleplay that isn't being interrupted by aerostats and constant bot patrols, what's the point of getting on anyway?

Strict adherence to terminator's setting like this isn't fucking fun. I'm absolutely positive you don't attend TRP events to sit around in a cramped ass base, get pushed out, run across a dark map to another cramped place, and then do it again two hours later. There's no break at all; I had an entire meaningful RP interaction with someone completely interrupted just because a six hundred walked in, and suddenly that meant sound the alarms, drop everything, and leave!

Throughout this entire event there's been this constantly drilled notion into our heads ICly that we should stay split up and in these tiny little outposts together, independent of each other, in small groups. Besides the flaws I can point out in this line of thinking from a roleplay standpoint, it's not worked at all IC repeatedly. It's clear to see 'keep TC split up, that'll be fun' is the OOC gimmick of this event because despite everything bad that happens to TC because of this strategy, we're repeatedly told to keep doing it. Because of this, we've got people spawning alone with no idea what to do; people running all the way across the map trying to find other people, and people having conversations or interactions with each other interrupted because a bot passing by heard a noise inside a building and decided to force everyone out.

This constant routine doesn't end up being fun for any of us for the aforementioned reasons. As of the time I'm writing this, the entire server sitting in an outpost that consists of two corridors, crammed together. I'm not attacking the premise of the event or what it's going to build up to: that's not relevant. What is relevant is plainly how unappealing it is to be forced to move again and again and have to go through solid chunks of time finding a place to relocate and how it's hard to find the time to do anything else because of this.

This event's not bad by any means: the main actionable parts have been fun, and I genuinely enjoyed myself yesterday(although the trend of things forcing us to run around began that day too.) This is basically a fleshed out explanation of my last post: these things just detract from the overall fun.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Benji Dooble

Belgium
    i mean id have fun being a little more realistic but thats just me i guess

14. The Red Menace

Contributor

United States
    I think your reading into my post too much lad. I just like seeing SkyNet be a threat and not a push over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Greene

Greene space cowboy

United States
    Trying to promote the rp of small cut split up groups of humans while also having skynet be hyperaggresive doesn't mix. While I can entertain the thought of Skynet being more aggressive, I like the idea of a split tc and humans in outposts much more, the roleplay for that is so much more interesting.

Perhaps Skynet can not take things to the extreme of hearing someone talk while constantly just circling where they know humans are. We can come up with different ways to make Skynet seem more aggressive.

16. Benji Dooble

Belgium
    let skynet hard s2k and lower their armor solution found

17. Raklo

Raklo Legend

United States
    splitting people up (which isnt really fun to me) but also allowing drones to go roam to/attack anything that they please doesnt work. it leads to ppl not having enough firepower to fight even a single 800 sometimes, and ultimately gets them dicked. also not fun to keep jumping BPs every hour.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Mongoose

Mongoose Has absolutely no life

United States
    I like the idea, and overall I felt there were a lot of tense moments, but forcing it OOC really railroads things, and it doesn't help that SkyNET is being hyper aggressive at the same time. Sometimes it even goes against what's actually going on in a scene. Do one or the other in waves, but having this happen together just isn't very fun.

19. Drewerth

United States
    https://i.imgur.com/3rPNZQO.jpg

Is this a joke? Is this how you respond to one person making a mistake by shooting a rocket? 5 waves of drones? S2K of people typing around and trying to enjoy the night? We're tired of it. Please make it stop.

I don't need drones of all models just coming wave after wave to try and force us to retreat again. We've established that this is not fun and that it's an active detriment to the enjoyment of Tech-Com and other humans during this event. You claim that you were waiting for us to retreat inside except there were at least three to five drones just watching the door and shooting down anything that tried to go home.

(T-200.8634) [EVENT] ** The 400 fires a rocket at the building on the surface, then another, then another. The building is reduce to rubble, the elevator barely carrying the last of the soldiers to safety. There's another way out, but that way won't be used anytime soon. *

Fuck off. This isn't fun. You are ruining this event for the CHARACTERS who are trying to develop stories.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. PopePanda

PopePanda Legend

United States
    Both parties are at fault. That being said, they acted according to how Skynet would. Unfortunately, Tech-Comm, a guerilla military entity, decided to push and try to hold against Skynet. Tech-Comm screwed themselves, instead of retreating out toward Vert and taking him out easily and moving to a less patrolled area.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't have a Skynet character.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • #shotsfired #shotsfired x 1
  21. Drewerth

United States

22. PopePanda

PopePanda Legend

United States
    They were only coming from one side, DURING, the attacks.

The other side was being watched by an IND antagonist.

Tech-Comm could've easily done their damage in the first and second wave that only had sixers then retreated as soon as heavier ordinance was incoming, much like a hit and run tactic. Unfortunately, again, Tech-Comm didn't choose that avenue of escape.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  23. BMY

BMY Legend

United States
    We were getting attacked from all entrances and our spawn is in that complex, which is along the map border. Tough to retreat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
  25. BMY

BMY Legend

United States
    Okay so we have one side which is the map border, one side which is fully walled, and two sides with entrances, both were being attacked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. PopePanda

PopePanda Legend

United States
    If you spawn in front of the elevator, and you stare out from the elevator there's the left side and then the front side.

All the drones were coming from the left side.

The front side was only being guarded by Vertumnus.

@shinzokk can confirm this.

Tech-Comm had an avenue of escape the entire time through a single sniper who was S2Ming the whole time. Easily killable.

• Informative Informative x 2
  27. BMY

BMY Legend

United States
    There 100% were drones entering on that side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. shinzokk

TRP Admin

United States
    no there wasn't, i promise you that no drones entered from the flank the entire time lol chill out

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  29. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    Yeah me and Elk were being engaged from that side by plasma fire & i know that wasnt skyrim cause he hit me with his rifle too and that was ballistic

30. BMY

BMY Legend

United States
    You may not be aware of any drones entering from that side but they did and we saw them and were shot at by them. You can't just tell us all that we didn't see them.

31. PopePanda

PopePanda Legend

United States
    I understand you all are angry. I was too. But you can you all please chill with the dumb ratings. We aren't going to come to a better solution when we're throwing out hostilities to each other.

I kindly advise everyone to take a step back, get some water and some air. Thank you all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  32. BMY

BMY Legend

United States
    I used a dumb rating because Shinzokk's post was dumb. I appreciate you being respectful and reasonable.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  33. Wizard

Wizard Actually a wizard.
    TRP Admin

United States
    The original intention was to have drones push Tech-Com to another location, rather than force all of Tech-Com down into the bunker. I'm not sure when the drones decided to switch to S2RP after cornering a bunch of people, but that wasn't supposed to happen, nor did I want that to happen. I decided against just throwing drones until Tech-Com left, yet it went downhill at the very end.

The drone didn't destroy the entrance just to trap TC down there, I did that because I had already told them to demand the 800 and walk off, but I didn't want someone to lose a bot after some messy S2K that turned into S2RP when Tech-Com got cornered, which is never something I'm a fan of.

Did you forget the part where minutes later they escaped through a tunnel drew?

• Agree Agree x 1
  34. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    This is entirely irrelevant: it's the fact that you did this stuff despite continued complaints about this stuff on this thread and on the server. Bungo found a new place for us to stay because of SkyNET's hyper aggressiveness. The fact that we were pushed out of it within the same day is ludicrous considering how people feel about things like this happening, and what other admins did to try to help us ease those complaints.

• Gay Gay x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • ...what? ...what? x 1
  35. Drewerth

United States
    Administration already stated that the base was intended to stay as a single, static base. As it goes, this base was to adhere to "standard baseplate rules" which means we don't get pushed from it.

No. They shot us while we were roleplaying. I had times where I was trying to type while not getting shot at but ended up losing half my health. The same happened to others as well.

So use your admin powers to stop it? Stop teleportation them near? Don't send 5 waves? Hello?

What!? I can barely understand this statement. You told them to demand the drone, but you didn't want someone to lose the bot, so instead you punish the group? Okay. Cool. Good work.

You mean after we lose the base we were supposed to remain statically planted at, as told to us by the majority of the administration?

36. shinzokk

TRP Admin

United States
    I can only confirm bots were at the flank because they walked over there from the front but literally none entered from that end, every drone was teleported to the same entrance during each wave. It's not hard to understand.

@PopePanda and I were trading sniper shots the entire S2K on that entrance so the fact me and him didn't see any drones enter is a bit strange.

I don't know much about the rest of this argument but I'm going to defend SkyNET this much: they didn't repeatedly attack both sides.

37. Wizard

TRP Admin

United States
    The complaints didn't really start until the very end, up until then everyone seemed to be enjoying it. I do apologize though for how it went though.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  38. BMY

BMY Legend

United States
    Okay, then we're in agreement that bots walked to the other flank, preventing us from leaving that way. In the future, maybe bots should be instructed to stay on one end if TC is meant to go out the other. Also, you could tell us ahead of time that that's the game plan and we'll work with it. Communication is good

39. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    The complaints about constantly relocating baseplates has been apparent since Friday: I know, because I've written multiple of them.

40. Wizard

TRP Admin

United States
    That part I was unaware of, and that's my fault. I was under the impression that the new ruleset is still in effect.

Simply put, I didn't want to kill off someone's reprog in this manner. I didn't consider shoving T-C over to a slightly different location as much of a punishment.

Again, the original intention was to push them out. The waves were spaced out so TC could breathe and pack up and go or stay.