An unusual find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfangor

Zealot
TRP Admin
May 21, 2011
In late-April, your scout James Lone-Elk discovered the wreckage of an unusual VTOL aircraft deep in the Mojave Desert. Unable to conduct a thorough survey of the crash site, Lone-Elk recovered loose parts with fittings from Lockheed Martin, as well as the Flight Data Recorder and Cockpit Voice Recorder module. The arid conditions of the Mojave yielded exceptional preservation of both the Flight Modules, and the aircraft as a whole: there is little corrosion from the elements, and Lone-Elk even speculates that the hardpoint cannons may still be functional.

Lone-Elk revisited the site in May, uncovering archaeological evidence tying this crash to August 29, 1997: Judgment Day, and that the crew had likely survived the landing. A severe dust-storm reburied what he thought were the bodies of the pilot and electronic warfare officer, forcing him to return to California.

Acting on coordinates provided by Lone-Elk on this second trip, Resistance Aerial Survey craft yielded the following geospatial imagery:

Technicians are currently still working on analyzing the Flight Data Recorder, but were able to restore the audio tapes from the Cockpit Voice Recorder:

08/29/1997 02:05:15 TAPE 3 START

PILOT: DOWN 200.
EWO: RAY...STILL CAN'T RAISE EDWARDS...THIS IS FUCKED, DUDE...
PILOT: DAVE, YOU GOTTA RELAX, MAN, I CAN'T SEE SHIT IN THIS SOUP...I'M WORKING ON IT...
**There is a sudden distortion event on the tape.**
GENERAL ALARM: ENGINE
GENERAL ALARM: POWER
EWO: OH SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!
PILOT: DAVE, JUST SHUT UP FOR A SECOND!
WARNING WARNING
WARNING WARNING
EWO: WE GOTTA PULL IT, MAN!
PILOT: IT'S NOT WORKING! IT'S STUCK!
WARNING WARNING
WARNING WARNING
EWO: I DON'T WANT TO DIE MAN! I DON'T WANT TO DIE! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!
PULL UP
PULL UP
PULL UP
PULL UP
PILOT: DAVE, HANG ON-
*End of Tape*
As the nearest unit to the crash site, Tech-Com is best equipped to investigate the wreckage in force, and this may be a boost to our own research efforts into VTOL technology. Therefore, we issue the following recommendations:

1) Recover as much of the wreckage as possible. Priority should be given to the main fuselage and the remaining wing strut.

2) Ensure that this wreckage does not fall into SkyNET hands, or those that may seek to deny our access. We are aware of the presence of Northern Republic renegades in the area. They are low on resources, and have resorted to banditry.

3) Determine, if possible, the fate of the crewmen.

Good Luck, Tech-Com.
Dr. John Hillerman, Pacific Command Research & Development Center, Pasadena.

Saturday 9PM EDT

Elfangor

Zealot
TRP Admin
May 21, 2011
There will be a need for event characters to represent the Northern Republic renegades. If interested pm me and I will explain futher the role they will play.

Also possible to ask in !a on saturday if interested, and we will set up the char.

There will also be a small group of the four corner Navajo to be represented. If interested in that, dm Mongoose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)