ALIMAÑAS

Discussion in 'Playerbased Groups' started by Mox, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:38 AM.

1. Mox

Mox
    RR Moderator

[​IMG]
    When I was very little, my mother would tell my brothers and I about the cucaracha.

We feared the cucaracha. We ran when we saw it crawl across the ground. We screamed when it crawled on our arms.
    We stomped them out, flattened them with our sandals because we were disgusted by the cucaracha. We sprayed them with chemicals because we did not like the cucaracha. We would call the exterminator to kill the cucarachas, because we did not want it in our home- the home we built on the Earth's soil; home to all living creatures

The cucaracha was there long before our family came to Mexico. And no matter how many we squashed and sprayed, there would be many more. They would survive all odds. The Earth belonged to all beings, including the cucaracha. It is only now, that we become the cucaracha, that I understand what my mother's lesson meant.

Alimañas is a community of survivors that dwell deep within the urban ruins of the cities they inhabit. They are a grassroots, nomadic people who primarily began in Mexico, and have long since moved from their home in search of new shelter, food and resources. They are by no means fighters in this treacherous world, but a people who seek to stay out of harms way and live their lives to the fullest they can without being struck underfoot.

Their equipment is scarce- only based upon what they can find. They keep out of contact with people beyond their own mostly, unless those people wish to join in their solitude. While not at odds or ill with TechCom or any large militarized force, they have found themselves otherwise avoiding them. Where Connor walks, so does the Terminator. Where the Terminator walks, the Alimañas do not tread.

Due to the lack of gear, their people generally share weapons to protect those who do cannot fight for themselves- mothers and children within their care. They are careful and cautious, fearful of any newcomers or strangers that might either be terminators in disguise, or one who wishes to exploit them of their already bare supplies. With the scarcity of armaments, it isn't uncommon to see a single rifle shared among numerous guards. They know that with their lack of equipment, it is easier to run and to hide than stay and fight. When their homes are exposed, they depart and leave nothing behind.

#1 Mox, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:38 AM
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 12:43 PM
  2. Mox

Mox
    RR Moderator

So yeah, consider this a faction more focused on the "refugee" element of the terminator universe rather than fighting against the machines. These are people who don't have the means to fight against SkyNET and have accepted such a truth. Instead of fighting, they hide where they can and survive.

I'm looking for more hands as I type this, so if you'd be willing to lend a hand with this in some form I would greatly appreciate the assistance- whether this in the form of event-crafting or playing a character in the faction. Civilians need a legitimate presence on the server and I feel saying they exist off-screen is a missed opportunity for some slower paced roleplaying in a much more calm context.

This isn't a faction for getting into combat frequently. I wouldn't recommend joining if your intention is to shoot bots as this is more geared towards running and hiding from them. Any situations that involve us fighting terminators will usually involve prepared traps. It's safe to say that these people just barely have enough equipment to take down a single 600.

3. gabriel

gabriel Senior Member

Philippines
    oh shit is this the non-combatant idea coming to light

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mox

Mox
    RR Moderator

Yep!

5. omgotblaze

omgotblaze New Blood

United States
    I agree with you in regards to the civilians needing a higher presence on the server. . I think it'd be awesome if there were more refugee groups like this for people to roleplay with / join. Fully support your endeavour and might even lend a hand - I've been wanting to create a 2nd character on the server anyway who is not TC affiliated.

Sometimes the lack of diversity on the server as far as factions go can push people away who are interested in more passive type rp as opposed to constant fire fight RPs (not to generalize, there's def a lot of passive and unique rp that also goes on with tech comm ... but sometimes it just seems like you're limited. Even if that's false, it's def a vibe that is conveyed on the server from an outsiders perspective who has only been playing on the server for a month or 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BMY871

BMY871 Zealot

United States
    On that note, if anyone is interested in playing a character with Navajo Nation affiliations, you can contact me. I think it would be valuable for TC to have a mostly off-screen trade relationship with the NN as that would make interaction events involving Navajo event characters possible. Full-time Navajo-affiliated characters such as my character Yiska Joe could do some neat passive on a day-to-day delivering supplies and what not. If you want to be part of that let me know.
    Also I have a question about this for an admin. How much liberty can I take in speaking on behalf of the NN? I don't want to overstep.

• ...what? ...what? x 1
  7. popo

popo Zealot

United States
    https://www.taconbanana.com/threads/the-long-rifles-lore-primer-warning-updating-very-long.29445/

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Mox

Mox
    RR Moderator

did this nigga bmy just deadass advertise his own pbg on my thread

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    #8 Mox, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:20 AM
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 12:33 AM
  9. BMY871

BMY871 Zealot

United States
    No, there is no PBG, but I'm sorry for proposing a roleplaying opportunity on your thread. God forbid people talk about things on a forum.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  10. Mox

Mox
    RR Moderator

BMY shut the fuck up lol.

If you gonna have a fit I recommend you find the door cause this about the dumbest thing to give a fuss about even for you.

Start your own thread if you want to talk about it cause this thread isn't for the navajo nation. Popo was actually kind enough to link it for you.

You don't see TechCom going onto PBG threads saying they can join TC. Use your damn brain.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    #10 Mox, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:51 AM
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 1:18 AM