22A - LOST ASSETS

Discussion in 'Playerbased Groups' started by kingryan, Jun 14, 2018.

1. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore."
    Emma Lazarus, "The New Colossus"

22A - Lost Assets, or, more commonly known as 22A by its members, is a group of freed mind controlled assets that have banded together for mutual protection. The group's membership is small, their recruitment only drawn from other freed assets that they manage to find or 'liberate' themselves. Their equipment and weaponry is limited to stolen Skynet gear, usually the stuff they managed to be freed with. Gutted mind control vests, Skynet made helmets, modern rifles, and maybe the occasional plasma gun. They make scarce use of whatever weaponry they have, though. Plagued by drug addictions and poor health due to the lack of drugs their mind control vests would normally provide them, 22A's combat ability is questionable at best. Their apprehensiveness to combat makes them a mobile group.

Their name, 22A, comes from the serial coding branded on their arms to designate their status as mind controlled slaves. Currently, they are under no clear leadership, taking a 'everybody can be rehabilitated' view to other vesties that they spot, usually apprehensive to kill, going to great lengths to see if they can free them. They are not averse to assisting or cooperating with Tech-Comm, although initially, they will be hesitant to interact with their old enemy in case of antagonization.

OOC: Shoot me a PM if you want to join. We're always looking for more members. You don't have to be a vestie to be a part of a faction-we'll just assume your character was freed initially and had been apart of the group for an extended period of the time.

• Winner Winner x 6
    #1 kingryan, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. Mox

Mox I had strings but now I am free...

[​IMG]

As requested.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Artistic Artistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mox

Hey fellas- I'm always looking for more people to roleplay ex-vestie stuff with. We're pretty small in numbers right now and I'd love to see some more to better illustrate the idea of a clustered swarm of freed slaves, banding together in unstructured unison.

While we've no IC leadership as the relationship between the drones is more communal than anything else, kingryan and I are spearheading this to try and bring some unique roleplay interactions with the rest of the factions on the server. If you're interested, please contact one of us (@Mox @kingryan) and we'll have an admin set up your character with some equipment to get you started.

There's not really any merit required or prerequisite of any kind to joining, so don't feel shy if you're rather new to the setting or roleplay itself.

• Winner Winner x 3
    #3 Mox, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  4. Mox

@Warmessiah @Kinsman get ur butts over to my PMs or steam and give me your character names u fuckin goobers.

dont make me get out the paddle

5. Mox

Going to give this another bump and try and reel in more people. I'm like the only one that still plays on their 22A character but me thinks if I can get some more people on to do it we can encourage those bozos (@kingryan included, i paddle you to play your own faction) to get on their characters more.

Hit me up on discord/steam/forums if you want in.

6. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    Mox is right for paddling me, as I haven't been playing the faction I've created. Event co-writer Kiwi is on leave currently, and I'm waiting till the Oasis event chain is finished to start writing and building new events. I've got a bunch of stuff written up, and I can't wait to share it with you guys.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Mox

Kingryan's interest in TRP has waned and he's moved onto greener pastures for themselves, and I'm too busy running SkyNET's day-to-day functions, helping command Alpha and now working on a PBG of my own to dedicate any time to the 22A. With that in mind, you're still free to play the characters and even create a new one if this is something you're interested in.

When you create your character, politely ask in /a for the following gear:
    • Disabled SkyNET control vest (x1)
    • ACR (x1) (+ Assault Rifle ammo)
    • Tech-Com Helmet (1x)
    Most of the time, the 22A have not utilized radios due to the distrust of technology and knowing that SkyNET actively monitors as many bands as they can. Whether you stay true to that is up to you how you write your character. Most of the time, the 22A is nomadics. They're bound to never really stick to one place or sleep in the same spot twice.

Speaking of writing your character, any ex-slave is pretty much a former drug addict- or one actively attempting to combat the horrors of withdrawal. The chemicals and stimulants pumped into you from the vest's capsules are highly addictive and so your character will struggle with these afflictions in some way or another, depending how long they were plugged in. That is also up to you for how much or how little you wish to portray it, but I highly recommend that you involve it into your character.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. kingryan

kingryan Legend

United States
    Reminder that this is always a roleplay path you can go down.
    I'm back on TRP again, and now I suppose someone has to put this idea to use. It's a good one!

PM me or just simply ask any admin to get your 22A character set up. Have fun, and good tidings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1