Half-Life 21.07.2021 - Combat Changes

A few combat changes have been pushed to alleviate some of the pressures created by the most recent weapons update. A lot of the things below are easily configurable now so changes in the future won't be so hard.
  • Fixed an issue where grenades couldn't be used when equipped in the Miscellaneous slot.
  • Fixed an issue where certain SWEP types could bypass the armor filter.
  • Fixed an issue where certain character states could break the Combine citizen records UI.
  • Buffed all armor levels to account for SWEPs now doing 2 or 3 times the damage they did before.
  • Changed the F3 equip-UI to show your damage resistance and speed slow-down instead of a flat armor level.
  • Adjusted the amount of damage resistance each NPC has; this is subject to further changes based on player reactions.
  • Added Combine Overwatch P.C.V. armor sets to replace the M.O.P.P. suits for standard operations.
For Overwatch soldiers, P.C.V. items are specifically designed per-rank. If you're Infantry, you need the soldier_infantry item. If you're Corporal, you need the soldier_corporal item. So on and so forth.

Kiako

New Blood
Aug 16, 2011
Fantastic work, Imp, as always. Looking forward to see how NPCs are affected (via the only way I know how ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ).

Kiako

New Blood
Aug 16, 2011
Come to think about it, last big iteration there was a big discussion on if the Combine used PCV or not, and I guess now we have our answer. There's probably a big lore-post in the archives somewhere.

Sep 21, 2012
Come to think about it, last big iteration there was a big discussion on if the Combine used PCV or not, and I guess now we have our answer. There's probably a big lore-post in the archives somewhere.
You can thank my Opfor loving arse for bringing it up in the past and HardHat HardHat pushing to make it an actual reality. Man is doing god's work

Martok

Oct 11, 2020
I believe models/scripts exist for rebels to employ PCVs based on the prominent HECU variant. I also don't think it'll come easily into rebel hands anytime soon.
Any chance us humble rebel scum will ever get a chance to roleplay using one of these? (Charger not included)

Users who are viewing this thread