Half-Life 17.07.2021 - Small Client Optimizations

A small update has been pushed live to alleviate some clientside frame lag. Gangleider and I will be focusing primarily on server performance and client performance over the next few weeks to ensure continued stability of the gamemode at higher populations.
  • Button information rendering has been improved on the client and no longer takes up about 20FPS alone to accomplish.
  • Door information rendering has been improved on the client and should not decrease FPS as much as it had before.
I know this post is small but I wanted to put it out before I forget about these changes as I'm going to start looking at new issues in our tracker tomorrow.

Kiako

New Blood
Aug 16, 2011
A small update has been pushed live to alleviate some clientside frame lag. Gangleider and I will be focusing primarily on server performance and client performance over the next few weeks to ensure continued stability of the gamemode at higher populations.
  • Button information rendering has been improved on the client and no longer takes up about 20FPS alone to accomplish.
  • Door information rendering has been improved on the client and should not decrease FPS as much as it had before.
I know this post is small but I wanted to put it out before I forget about these changes as I'm going to start looking at new issues in our tracker tomorrow.
Hate to be 'that-guy', but is there a way that updates can be sent back to the server change-log that we can access via F3? It was pretty convenient, personally speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread